I am 7 days with the Phone and only i have 4 gb in my storage. i don't have music or videos in it.
    i have a sd of 128 gb but the storage of the device with a little of cache of apps is full.
    The 16gb of storage in this phone only we have 9 gb I think to install apps. And Facebook, Twitter with 1 month of use May have 1 gb of occupied size.
    Sorry by my bad english,i'm spanish.
    Thanks
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    09-18-16 03:12 AM
    Should be. Just download the applications you really use. Not just because the app are there and u can lol. That's my take

9900�8910�z10�Q20�Z30�Passport�Priv�Dtek50�
    09-18-16 03:23 AM
    Should be. Just download the applications you really use. Not just because the app are there and u can lol. That's my take

9900�8910�z10�Q20�Z30�Passport�Priv�Dtek50™
    which is the whole point of adoptable storage I presume.
    sethr likes this.
    09-18-16 04:33 AM
    I am 7 days with the Phone and only i have 4 gb in my storage. i don't have music or videos in it.
    i have a sd of 128 gb but the storage of the device with a little of cache of apps is full.
    The 16gb of storage in this phone only we have 9 gb I think to install apps. And Facebook, Twitter with 1 month of use May have 1 gb of occupied size.
    Sorry by my bad english,i'm spanish.
    Thanks
    I have 5.3 GB left and l have about 70 apps. Only suggestion is to clear the app cache once a while. YouTube alone can take up a few hundred meg. Unfortunately you will have to do this app by app in Settings. Also clear some of the junks in the Download folder. I would also delete apps that I don't use (those nice to have). They use up your internal storage, your battery and possibly data even you don't use them.
    sethr likes this.
    09-18-16 07:34 AM
    Is there a way to download apps into your SD storage card?
    09-18-16 09:25 AM
    You can install apps on the SD card only if you have it formated as extended/adoptive memory. In this case, the SD card would be encrypted and you can't read the card if you remove it from the phone. The downside of doing this is that SD cards do fail. I had 2 failed on me over the years with less than 10 cards that I have ever had. If it fails as extended memory, you would need to reload the OS and reinstall everything from scratch. A good phone backup is a must.
    09-18-16 10:37 AM
    you would need to reload the OS and reinstall everything from scratch.
    I was surprised to read the OS would require re-installation as well. How would that be done, assuming the only form of backup is what Google backs up to Google Drive.

Is what you're saying is that an image backup is required to protect against SD card failure?

Do third party backup apps back up the OS?
    09-18-16 11:10 AM
    I wouldn't think you can load an image of the memory and the phone would run. I would use an autoloader to reload the official BlackBerry OS. You should be able to find an autoloader for your phone from the BlackBerry site or search CB. Google backup should be able to restore your apps and their settings.
    Ethynil likes this.
    09-18-16 03:11 PM
    I would use an autoloader to reload the official BlackBerry OS
    Thanks for that! I found the procedure in the Blackberry Knowledge Base:

How to reload the BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android OS

Reload Software

Worthwhile links to store as bookmarks in case of a problems down the line.
    09-18-16 06:37 PM
    Just realized after 3 days setting it up the way I like and identical to my Galaxy S7, that it now has 2.4GB free. The S7 is using 22GB.

Formatted 128GB SD so I can move apps and data. I was surprised by amount used on S7 too.

I think next phone needs to have 64GB at leat, minimum. Even with SD storage.

I assume 6.01 MM and as software keep demanding more. Been that way going back, whether 360/20 IBM or a PC, now smartphones.

Didn't realize this was going to be a problem - which it is.
    09-18-16 07:32 PM
    Ok , thanks to everybody. I like so much this phone but I think is very important more storage and better perfomance.
    I'm amused use my passport and dtek50 is very slow when I start work opening various apps. Although is a good phone. A s7 is most powerful and i think is better s7 to work .
    Last edited by dvmblues; 09-19-16 at 10:23 AM.
    09-19-16 06:37 AM
    One thing that seems to really creep up on people is how much SMS and other messengers cache, along with emails...

Limiting the history length of these items on phone usually helps a lot.
    Ethynil likes this.
    09-19-16 09:42 AM