Bought the dtek50 when it was launched and was quite happy with it. I was very curious to try out the new dtek60 and after debating for a while I've ordered one last week and received it last Wednesday. It was a nice device but I didn't find the device any faster then my dtek50 and found it too big to hold and always worried about dropping it. Fingerprint scanner was nice but I've the smart lock enabled on my dtek50 so it automatically unlocks the phone as long as I've my smart watch on me.

So after a few days I've returned the dtek60 and keeping my 50. What a great phone this is. Light and very easy to handle without worrying about dropping it. Only issue for me is the internal memory of 16gb and I'm constantly cleaning things up to free up space. All my photos and videos are on the sd card. But I run out of space from time to time as there is no option of installing apps on sd card

So here you go..no flagship phone for me!!
    Last edited by vhl71; 12-10-16 at 10:13 PM.
    11-21-16 11:22 AM
    If you format your SD card as internal storage you can transfer your apps to it. How to use adoptable storage on Android 6.0 Marshmallow - Pocket-lint
    Just beware that the card has to be rather fast, at least UHS speed class 1, preferably UHS 3.

edit: if you need some more details about adoptable storage...:
    Let's clear up the confusion regarding storage in Android once and for all, including adoptable storage in Marshmallow. : Android

edit 2: regarding your prefering DTEK50 over 60... Well, good for you, you saved a few hundred dollars The reason why I'd strongly prefer 60 over 50 would be the AMOLED screen, I'd miss those deep blacks after owning Priv. But if you don't care about it it's not a big deal.

I love my physical keyboard so I'm not moving anywhere from my Priv anyway.
    11-21-16 12:02 PM
    I too prefer the 50 to the 60. Blackberry got a lot right with these 2 devices, and it's criminal that these devices aren't being marketed properly.
    FF22 and Jrox74 like this.
    11-21-16 12:23 PM
    What surprised me is the performance of Dtek50 compared to 60. Im not a big gamer - I haven't noticed any difference any performance at all which was surprising. I thought the snapdragon 820 processor would make a big difference. Not a little bit for a business user like me. The dtek50 is simply as fast as 60 for emails, browsing , whatsapp and watching videos.
    FF22 and cman5 like this.
    11-21-16 01:47 PM
    I returned my dtek60 to. The performance wasn't as smooth as my dtek50. An update would fix the lagging issues. The only difference I really noticed was the battery charging time. Dtek60 just over an hour. Dtek50 just under 2 hours to fully charge. Happy with dtek50. Perfect sized phone. Just wish it had the same gun metal outting as the 60
    11-21-16 05:02 PM
    I returned my dtek60 to. The performance wasn't as smooth as my dtek50. An update would fix the lagging issues. The only difference I really noticed was the battery charging time. Dtek60 just over an hour. Dtek50 just under 2 hours to fully charge. Happy with dtek50. Perfect sized phone. Just wish it had the same gun metal outting as the 60
    that's crazy! why do you think there are preformance issues with the 60? I was about to get one and saw this.
    11-21-16 07:34 PM
    that's crazy! why do you think there are preformance issues with the 60? I was about to get one and saw this.
    I never felt any performance issues with 60. It's the same as dtek50. So I didn't want to spend the extra $300 plus I can't use a big phone. That's the main reason I returned it.

So if you don't mind bigger phones you should be fine. Everyone here is loving the dtek60.
    11-21-16 07:39 PM
    I never felt any performance issues with 60. It's the same as dtek50. So I didn't want to spend the extra $300 plus I can't use a big phone. That's the main reason I returned it.

So if you don't mind bigger phones you should be fine. Everyone here is loving the dtek60.
    I loved the 50 but did notice issues with some games and I was having to deal with the 16gbs internal. It was an amazing phone but I feel like I need more. Thanks for the good news! i'll wait until friday now just because BF is so close (even thought it's not looking like there will be any deals on it)
    11-21-16 07:47 PM
    It's was lagging with some apps, bluetooth car issues and my favorite the battery. It used to charge fully in an hour. A week later took an hour and a half. I think I had a faulty dtek60 in the end maybe. My biggest issue with my dtek50 was the no quick charge 3.0
    11-21-16 08:19 PM
    I have several of each. There is no mistaking the increased performance of the 60.
    11-21-16 08:24 PM
    It's was lagging with some apps, bluetooth car issues and my favorite the battery. It used to charge fully in an hour. A week later took an hour and a half. I think I had a faulty dtek60 in the end maybe. My biggest issue with my dtek50 was the no quick charge 3.0
    The charging issue is strange for sure. I had Bluetooth issues with my 2014 Tacoma connecting to dtek50. Apparently it's a marshmallow issue? Ah well

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 11:34 PM
    My dtek60 just felt underpowered. Having both phones. My dtek50 performed better in my everyday usage. At the end of the day I'll telling people try it out. I got 30 days to keep it or sent it back
    11-22-16 08:26 AM
    My dtek60 just felt underpowered. Having both phones. My dtek50 performed better in my everyday usage. At the end of the day I'll telling people try it out. I got 30 days to keep it or sent it back
    Well then something was wrong with your DTEK60. As good as the 50 is, it's no match for the 60.
    11-22-16 08:31 AM
    I have several of each. There is no mistaking the increased performance of the 60.
    More relevant though, is whether people who have used both have any issues in normal use with the DTEK50's performance and smaller size when they consider it against the DTEK60s extra cost, size, and glass back. It's clear that some people having tried both prefer the DTEK50.
    11-22-16 12:52 PM
    More relevant though, is whether people who have used both have any issues in normal use with the DTEK50's performance and smaller size when they consider it against the DTEK60s extra cost, size, and glass back. It's clear that some people having tried both prefer the DTEK50.
    For many, the DTEK50 is able enough. Agreed.
    11-22-16 01:41 PM
    The only way to avoid the leaking of internal memory issue is to format the external SD card as internal memory (adoptable storage).
    I found on the internet there are some way to split the adoptable storage, but don't know whether it work on Dtek50 or not.

Sam Liddicott: Android 6 semi-adopted storage
    external sd - How to split adopted storage? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Be interesting to see it, as I will move to Dtek50 if my Priv is broken.
    11-22-16 08:49 PM
    5" form factor vs a 5.5" is such a different devices, each will have its fans - it just sucks there is a performance trade off.

I tried a Nexus 6p I could not deal with the size. stuck with my Classic until the pixel which seems just right for a slab phone.

Hopefully Mercury will get the balance right, BBRY has blown this so many times, the square format just didn't work for the public after iPhone, dteks seem fine but there is much nicer hardware if the pkb doesn't matter, hopefully they will finally create a device that is optimized for both content creation and consumption with a killer pkb.
    11-22-16 10:00 PM
    I'm preferring the '50 mainly because of overall physical size in my pocket and the fact that I use the device strictly for communication (calendar, email, messaging). Besides checking the weather or news the odd time I'm not really an Apps type of guy.
    11-23-16 04:35 AM
    The charging issue is strange for sure. I had Bluetooth issues with my 2014 Tacoma connecting to dtek50. Apparently it's a marshmallow issue? Ah well

Posted via CB10
    DTEK 60 Bluetooth connection to my 2015 Tacoma seems okay so far with one week of use.
    11-23-16 04:48 AM
    How much bigger is the 60 over the 50? I don't really care for all these huge phones, but I wear reading glasses and some phones are just too small. I need something in that sweet spot in the middle.
    11-23-16 06:50 AM
    How much bigger is the 60 over the 50? I don't really care for all these huge phones, but I wear reading glasses and some phones are just too small. I need something in that sweet spot in the middle.
    The DTEK50 is in the sweet spot between the Z30 and DTEK60:
    Attached Thumbnails Returned DTEK60 to keep my DTEK50!-blackberry-z30-d50-d60.jpg  
    Jrox74 and FairlightRacing like this.
    11-23-16 10:12 AM
    Interesting! I have come across mixed reviews and comments from users (not the "tech guys." Still have not dared to try either one.
    11-23-16 10:31 AM
    Well if you could only choose one, which one would it be conite?
    11-23-16 01:29 PM
    Well if you could only choose one, which one would it be conite?
    I use the DTEK60 as my primary device. For me, it's not even close.

If, however, you are not a spec junkie, and don't push too hard with games or CPU crusher behaviours (like trying to do a lot at once), then the DTEK50 is a good value.
    11-23-16 01:46 PM
    I've got a Dtek50 and loving it. Add much as I would love a 60, the 50 does everything I need. Like I've been vocal ski on these forums, I've tweaked for better battery life, it takes great photos, performance is stable, I have a good size SD card so I'm not worried about storage issues... why pay more when this phone is great at what it does?

However, I don't game on my phone, I don't have a need for flagship specs and I'm not bothered by the odd stutter either
    Johnny Dollar and thekidshop like this.
    11-24-16 12:07 PM
30 12