I bought my teenage son the DTEK 50 for Xmas this past year. On Boxing Day he got a very fast (read and write) 32G SD card.

A few observations:

1. He uses it 7 days per week.
    2. Uses a battery bank to extend the life of the phone for 18+ hours at times.
    3. Plays video games on it all the time.
    4. Almost exclusively uses Instagram as social media with messaging running through the Hub.
    5. Uses YouTube all the time.
    6. Rarely makes calls.
    7. The phone has almost never been turned off.

How does it run after three months?

No lag, no problems, no issues. That's about it. It has been a workhorse so far.
    LeeU1911 and Johnny Dollar like this.
    03-16-17 08:43 PM
    Glad to hear that, it's working out fine for me also. However I don't spend as much time as a younger person may using it each day. I also watch YouTube videos and think the sound is great with the built in speakers . Let's hope we get a couple of years out of it ;-)
    03-17-17 01:22 AM
    Thanks OP for the review. Thinking about getting one as a replacement for my son’s Q5. If I dare to get the K1 my son will demand an upgrade for his phone too.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 03:01 AM
    Yes, the sound is very good. It helps me track him down sometimes. Just follow the noise...

In general, it is interesting how a young person uses this technology. The fact that it is a phone that you can call people on is not a major "selling point'. There is no risk that he will come close to burning through his minutes in a month. Kids just text these days.
    03-17-17 05:56 AM
    I bought my teenage son the DTEK 50 for Xmas this past year. On Boxing Day he got a very fast (read and write) 32G SD card.

A few observations:

1. He uses it 7 days per week.
    2. Uses a battery bank to extend the life of the phone for 18+ hours at times.
    3. Plays video games on it all the time.
    4. Almost exclusively uses Instagram as social media with messaging running through the Hub.
    5. Uses YouTube all the time.
    6. Rarely makes calls.
    7. The phone has almost never been turned off.

How does it run after three months?

No lag, no problems, no issues. That's about it. It has been a workhorse so far.
    Good to read this cause my son is getting one to replace his Leap. He didn't want the Priv. Should arrive today.
    03-25-17 11:29 AM