Went to a local store and played with the brand new google pixel today for about 20 mins. It looks almost identical to iphone in terms of looks.

It is quite fast and fluid. But to be honest after spending 20 mins, other than a very good camera this $1000 phone isn't that much better than my dtek50!!

No swipe short cuts and app search from any screen like we have.

Had to get hub etc working and I'm not sure how well the BlackBerry suite will work on a generic android phone.
    I actually types an email using the Gmail app and I didnt like it one bit. Plus the BlackBerry keyboard is the best in my opinion

Anyway I might just keep my dtek50 for a while..

Thought I'd share this with other BlackBerry enthusiasts.
    DJBS4LIFE and Johnny Dollar like this.
    10-20-16 07:07 PM
    No swipe short cuts and app search from any screen like we have.
    One of the key elements of the Pixel is the app shortcuts which are similar to that on iOS. It's not swipes on the Pixel, but rather hold down to reveal but 3rd party launchers on Android already have the shortcuts that use swipes such as Action Launcher 3.

https://twitter.com/journeydan/statu...852224/video/1
    10-20-16 07:31 PM
    I still think the swipe shortcuts from anywhere option we've on BlackBerry android is one of the best features. I use that all the from any app to call my wife or search for an installed app.
    Its so convenient to access what u want from any screen
    terminatorx likes this.
    10-20-16 09:06 PM
    I still think the swipe shortcuts from anywhere option we've on BlackBerry android is one of the best features. I use that all the from any app to call my wife or search for an installed app.
    I think DTEK50 is better value compared to pixel, or even DTEK60. Keep DTEK50!
    terminatorx likes this.
    10-20-16 10:46 PM
    Exact, best feature I ever had on a phone. There's dozen apps mimic that, but nothing so fast and smooth as BlackBerry one.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 10:51 PM
    I honestly think the only phone with better bang for your buck than DTEK50 is the OnePlus 3. I think the DTEK50 is not that much different than an iPhone 7, or Pixel. The only big difference is the finger print scanner and the fact that iPhone 7 is waterproof, which is convenient. But I dont use the finger print sensor anyway even if I had it. I always use Picture Password, something that BlackBerry was stupid enough NOT to include on the DTEK50. But I use a third party app for it now. Picture Password is the best way to secure your device.
    10-21-16 01:44 AM
    I'd like others to try out the Pixel if you can. Honestly since yesterday I love my dtek50 a lot more!! It costs less than half and it does as good a job as pixel except for camera.

I was quite sure of getting a pixel before but now most likely not!!

Try the pixel to appreciate this phone more...
    10-21-16 10:28 AM
    If BlackBerry had rolled out PicturePassword by now to the DTEK50 (they DID claim it was coming) I have a family member that would have bought one already. She won't, however, give that up (having had it on her Z30.)
    10-21-16 11:17 AM
    If BlackBerry had rolled out PicturePassword by now to the DTEK50 (they DID claim it was coming) I have a family member that would have bought one already. She won't, however, give that up (having had it on her Z30.)
    How is it I wonder the pic password is not available on dtek but is on Priv? Shouldn't it be the same? Lol. I'm getting spoiled by the BlackBerry android keyboard. Copy and paste on it is sick!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 03:22 PM
    All these phones are the same. Cameras really separate them apart
    10-21-16 05:07 PM
    Priv to me, is still better than any android in the market to day.
    10-22-16 02:26 AM
    Seriously? That's a bit extreme to decide on a phone based on picture password
    10-26-16 04:42 PM