When trying to copy photos from the phone to my PC, nothing except a profile photo appears, which I think is in the internal memory.

I took a dozen or so photos and they appear when viewing in Camera, and the memory status shows they are indeed on my external memory card, but I can't seem to get any software to get at them.

AFTER discovering the problem, I turned off Backup & Sync as I don't want my stuff uploaded anyway. And I decided to shut off the phone's Photos app (Google) but it will not disable.

Wondering if they had already been copied to the cloud, I downloaded my Google Photos using my PC and got nothing except my profile photo.
    03-30-17 02:58 AM
    Follow the directions for enabling USB transfers.

https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek5...007515710.html

• Using a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
    • On your device, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Connected in charging mode notification.
    • Tap Transfer files (MTP) or Transfer photos (PTP).
    • On your computer, if necessary, enter your device password. Your device and media card appear as drives on your computer.
    • Go to the files or folders that you want to copy.
    • Drag and drop the files or folders into the desired folders.
    • If necessary, before disconnecting your device, on your computer, right-click your device's drive. Click Eject.

Change how your device connects to your computer

• Each time you connect your device to your computer, by default, your device connects in charging mode, and a notification appears in the notification tray that tells you which mode is in use. To change the connection mode, your device must be connected to your computer.
    03-30-17 03:24 AM
    Thank you. Silly me - every time I came to the "Use USB for" menu screen I chose Photos. What's that option there for?

So now can you advise why I can't disable the Photos app? When I hold down on the app icon, the Remove and Disable buttons appear in red at the top but are disabled themselves, plus they disappear when my finger leaves the app icon.
    03-30-17 04:51 AM
    To disable an app I usually go to settings, apps, app name, disable.
    Attached Thumbnails Photo Transfer Issue-12122.jpg  
    04-01-17 04:52 PM
    Thank you both. My goal was to allow user controlled transfer of photos to my PC (and I'll be following that thinking with other apps). I'm happy now, although I'm holding my breath until I discover what an OK to "Do you want to replace this with the factory app" is going to do to me.
    04-05-17 02:44 PM
    It means it's been disabled. 😀
    04-05-17 03:57 PM
    To transfer photos or any other files between my DTEK50 and my PC, I always use WiFi File Transfer.

It works reliably and predictably using familiar file management interface over your local WiFi network.

Th free version cannot upload files larger than 5 MB. Everything else works 100%. To upload larger files, the upgrade paid version costs $1.40!
    04-06-17 12:12 PM