From the torch I'm stuck with Z10. The dtek50 design leave much to be desired. The designing team didn't put any effort at all. And the blackberry log missing. Oh this is a big no to me. I guess I will remain with my Z10 until you guys comes up with a better design.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 03:01 PM
    +1, it's difficult to even consider a pkb phone anymore. I've really embraced my Z30 and would be lost without it

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:13 PM
    If a new BB10 device comes out 2017 I'll definitely wait. Not a fan of Android OS. Just another android with a BlackBerry sticker on it. Thinking of going back to a passport se or classic I'm the meantime.

Posted via PRIV
    Jrox74 likes this.
    07-29-16 10:16 PM
    I'm all in with the DTEK50! However in my excitement to pre-order, I overlooked the fact that the battery on the D is MUCH smaller than the Priv's. I am absolutely spoiled by the Priv's battery life so am nervous about what kind of performance I'll get out of the D.
    07-29-16 10:25 PM
    You be fine. You'll last a day for sure.. it's not a z10. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 11:03 PM
    What makes you think the Rome device is coming sooner than we expected?

Posted via CB10
    We expected 2017, Thurber said in the webcast its coming soon.. I don't think "soon" means 2017.. Unless his definition of soon is screwed up.. I'm thinking something within 3 months or so.
    07-29-16 11:08 PM
    Just out of curiosity, are you guys planning on leaving BlackBerry or wait for (mercury)

Or argon.. although I think it won't be out..
    Or would you guys maybe buy a new bb10 device in 2017..

Also, Android authority is really trying to kill BlackBerry..

Leave a comment what device your planing to buy from BlackBerry, or if your leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not leaving blackberry I still hope for BlackBerry to comebeck and I will wait for bb10 os or new device. I love blackberry. I love you so much blackberry plz don't die

SQC 100-3Classic
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 07-30-16 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Quoted edit
    07-29-16 11:14 PM
    If a new pkb bb is not out by october when my phone contract is up i will get the dtek50
    07-30-16 02:07 AM
    None of the above. I know there are a lot of fortune-tellers here that "know" that BB10 is dead, but the BB staff, who has nothing to gain by saying otherwise, has said that it's not off the table. Think about it, if they say BB10 is dead, what do they lose? The second newest BB10 cannot be manufactured anymore due to the chipsets no longer being produced, so they don't have to worry about "losing" BB10 sales, and by making that announcement they kind of boost their Android device sales by BB loyalists.

So really, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain to simply announce BB10 is dead, but they don't. So I do believe what they say is true. Not that there definitely will be another BB10 device, but there still might be. I'll wait until it is official that BB10 is dead. I don't like to pretend to know more than anyone else. I know a lot of people here feels better about themselves if they speak positively about something just because they feel that chances are they are correct. They could be right, they could be wrong, but I'll leave the fortune-telling to them.

For right now, my Classic still works like a charm, so I'll stick to it, again, until it dies, and I can't get another one, and they announce no more BB10 devices. But until all of those situations happen, I'll be using this Classic. If/when that time comes, I definitely would be waiting for the Android phone with a physical keyboard. Not a fan of typos or autocorrect fails. And love being able to type without looking.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    True Slagman,
    but if they say bb10 is dead, won't it be an official declaration from their side? I mean, Once it is official, how will the remaining stock of bb10 devices move? IMHO most People are still buying bb10 devices because of the benefit of doubt. Imo once they confirm it, sale might suffer. However when they're asked this question, they could've always chosen to remain silent or simply avoid it, but they don't. If they say they're committed to bb10, I trust them.

Personally I have complete faith in BlackBerry. I already have two passports, and a brand new q10 is on the way.

Long live bb10! Cheers!!

The Rat race is Yours , I have a  | P A S S P O R T and I don't care.
    Last edited by kanungoash; 07-30-16 at 02:37 AM.
    07-30-16 02:20 AM
    I would like to stay with my Z30 if Android WhatsApp works on it after 31Dec.
    With Android there are so many options, Currently the Redmi Note 3 is very good option at $200 and in next few months Nokia is also coming with Flagship devices (2 i guess) running on AndroidN so even if someone loves BB a lot there is very little exclusiveness with coming BB Android based phones.
    In fact the new DTEK50 missing Finger Print sensor and multi colored LED the very common features of today.
    07-30-16 07:15 AM
    True Slagman,
    but if they say bb10 is dead, won't it be an official declaration from their side? I mean, Once it is official, how will the remaining stock of bb10 devices move? IMHO most People are still buying bb10 devices because of the benefit of doubt. Imo once they confirm it, sale might suffer. However when they're asked this question, they could've always chosen to remain silent or simply avoid it, but they don't. If they say they're committed to bb10, I trust them.

Personally I have complete faith in BlackBerry. I already have two passports, and a brand new q10 is on the way.

Long live bb10! Cheers!!

Or you could look at it this way. BBOS devices aren't being manufactured or updated any more. They still work, and will continue to work as long as someone chooses to use one. The same could possibly be true for BB10. Blackberry isn't going to come out and make some announcement that the OS is dead. Why would they? It wouldn't do anything to help them and give a more negative perception of them as well as give people the idea that their phones aren't going to work any more. So I think when people say its dead, I think most mean that its just going to be in a BBOS state, where it works but there isn't going to be any significant updates added to it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-30-16 07:18 AM
    My faith in Blackberry is ailing, and fast. Still feel betrayed how the Passport never gave us a possibility to run a full Android. And the partial commitment from Blackberry towards the Android Runtime on OS10 is all but abandoned, matter of fact, at the time of writing, it is still based on an Android 4.3... on a phone which is still sold for around 300 euros... whilst the Samsung S3 mini I rooted and handed down to my mum is still going strong on a 4.4Kitkat I once installed- basically a phone which is so old the buttons are worn out white. Funny considering most people I know are running either Lollipop or Marshmallow.

I want to buy the Priv, and at the same time I don't want to miss out on my comfortably wide screen and rock-solid build of my passport. I might eventually sell the Passport and buy the Priv, but that will be Blackberry's last chance for me. If I regret replacing my passport with my Priv, I'm going to look elsewhere, if any manufacturer makes a flagship with a physical keyboard, I'm jumping ship.
    07-30-16 08:36 AM
    True Slagman,

Long live bb10! Cheers!!

Sales will suffer? I guess you don't know how BB10 sales are going, haha. Pretty much the only people buying them now are those of us who really love its features. Then confirming no more BB10 devices will be coming won't affect that because it's not like the phones will suddenly stop working. Those of us who want the features offered by BB10 will still buy them. They have a better chance of making a profit selling Android devices because Android is what's "cool" now. And actually, I've seen more people here on the forums talking about buying up Classics after they announced the discontinuation than before, lol.

beemaabeemababy likes this.
    07-30-16 08:50 AM
    Or you could look at it this way. BBOS devices aren't being manufactured or updated any more. They still work, and will continue to work as long as someone chooses to use one. The same could possibly be true for BB10. Blackberry isn't going to come out and make some announcement that the OS is dead. Why would they? It wouldn't do anything to help them and give a more negative perception of them as well as give people the idea that their phones aren't going to work any more. So I think when people say its dead, I think most mean that its just going to be in a BBOS state, where it works but there isn't going to be any significant updates added to it.
    They don't have to come out and say it, but when asked the question they wouldn't claim otherwise. Do you hear any of them saying they are still developing BBOS or that another BBOS phone might still be coming??

07-30-16 08:51 AM
    I like the looks and the price, but will stick with BB10 until I have no choice. I just got my white Classic and it's my favourite phone ever. Using Leap for browsing this morning. I have it all, almost, still would like to try that Silver edition PP and maybe even a Porsche, and if offering androids help BB's phone sales, they have my blessing.

Always interested in the next BB10, whether or not I need another one.

My motto is, if my BB10 (or my BB7) can't do it, I don't need it!

Works so far. . .
    07-30-16 09:01 AM
    They don't have to come out and say it, but when asked the question they wouldn't claim otherwise. Do you hear any of them saying they are still developing BBOS or that another BBOS phone might still be coming??

No, but is anyone asking them that question?
    07-30-16 09:03 AM
    sorry people, i cant edit my posts without causing further problems with changing my words as I type them and I cant delete by using delete button, and popups that 'media cant be played' keep interrupting.
    off-topic: THIS SITE SUCKS TODAY.
    07-30-16 09:07 AM
    I truly hope BB10 isn't dead btw. I think it's good from a competition standpoint to have as many viable OS's out there as possible.

I do think that BB should offer their services for other platforms though. Having Blackberry services on my Nexus 6P is truly great (although it's turned my Priv into a paperweight), and I think a lot more people would benefit from it. Blackberry could continue to build enterprise handsets but also offer for a fee their services for other Android handsets. It would be an instant money maker for them.
    07-30-16 09:21 AM
    sorry people, i cant edit my posts without causing further problems with changing my words as I type them and I cant delete by using delete button, and popups that 'media cant be played' keep interrupting.
    off-topic: THIS SITE SUCKS TODAY.
    Hmmm... Can't do it on your BB10/BBOS device?

*C5303
    07-30-16 09:30 AM
    I like it but ordered the idol 4 from tesco direct UK for189 pound

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    07-30-16 09:35 AM
    No, but is anyone asking them that question?
    Uh, they've answered it quite a few times, so I'm assuming yes...

07-30-16 09:40 AM
    Uh, they've answered it quite a few times, so I'm assuming yes...

About BBOS devices?
    07-30-16 09:40 AM
    I truly hope BB10 isn't dead btw. I think it's good from a competition standpoint to have as many viable OS's out there as possible.

I do think that BB should offer their services for other platforms though. Having Blackberry services on my Nexus 6P is truly great (although it's turned my Priv into a paperweight), and I think a lot more people would benefit from it. Blackberry could continue to build enterprise handsets but also offer for a fee their services for other Android handsets. It would be an instant money maker for them.
    Competition is great for consumers, terrible for corporations. Right now thanks to the public mentality of being part of the majority is the most important priority, the corporations have an easy time eliminating competition. You even have some dummies cheering on whenever a smaller company starts to fail. *face palm*

07-30-16 09:42 AM
    About BBOS devices?
    Oh, you were talking about that, my mistake, lol. Well, probably not now, but they did announce no more BBOS devices a while ago...

07-30-16 09:43 AM
    Bb10 for the win

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-16 10:54 AM
82 1234