Powered on for the first time. Takes forever to start, no explanation just a stupid series of shapes. Finally, connected to WiFi. Update is detected. Failed to download update.

Really Android?????? You can't even make it through set-up without falling over? This is my first experience with this OS and I'm beginning to see why it's considered garbage.

Rebooted device. Now it's downloading and installing. Only taken an hour to get through 4 screens.

Not a good start.

Posted via CB10
    sidtek50 likes this.
    09-02-16 01:14 AM
    Be patient, for some odd reason even the priv takes long on start up,

Just use it and see . It's a lovely device.

Also use blackberry launcher and you'll be impressed.

Give it some time.

Oh and congrats on your dtek. Some people would kill to be you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 01:18 AM
    Really davey? it only took you one hour to give up?
    09-02-16 01:23 AM
    Just a reminder.....

the battery isn't nuclear powered either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-16 01:29 AM
    Be patient, for some odd reason even the priv takes long on start up,

Just use it and see . It's a lovely device.

Also use blackberry launcher and you'll be impressed.

Give it some time.

Oh and congrats on your dtek. Some people would kill to be you.

You actually KNOW people that would KIll to be him or is it just to get his mobile device?

I have a friend that Knows people that would kill HIM for giving up after only an hour.

Hey! let'd get your people and my friends people to kill each other so we can get back to enjoying our mobile devices.
    jaydee5799, FF22 and Sairos like this.
    09-02-16 01:31 AM
    Just a reminder.....

Well, THAT'S a deal breaker for me.

Ralph, don't stop reminding people. But I must warn you, They won't believe you.
    This latest generation is under a delusion that Mobile Devices should "Just Work!" Despite these same people not being able to figure out how to just work it!
    09-02-16 01:41 AM
    Trolls everywhere....lmao!!!

Posted via CB10
    auditman, Carjackd, Laumi and 2 others like this.
    09-02-16 01:44 AM
    Powered on for the first time. Takes forever to start, no explanation just a stupid series of shapes. Finally, connected to WiFi. Update is detected. Failed to download update.

Really Android?????? You can't even make it through set-up without falling over? This is my first experience with this OS and I'm beginning to see why it's considered garbage.

Rebooted device. Now it's downloading and installing. Only taken an hour to get through 4 screens.

Not a good start.

Posted via CB10
    !st time powered on yes it does take time but not the second time. One hour? Not enough to know a device in an hour.
    09-02-16 02:03 AM
    Trolls everywhere....lmao!!!

Posted via CB10

Considering I have about TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND more posts than you....and have been here for years helping people with real issues ...
    I've earned taking 3 to 5 minutes from time to time to have a little harmless fun.

By the way, I don't thing trolls mean what you thing it means!
    09-02-16 02:23 AM

Not a good start.

Posted via CB10
    Just be thankful you didn�t get a Galaxy Note 7. Samsung is close to recalling all of them, after a series of fires and explosions, while charging.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    09-02-16 02:30 AM
    Treat your dtek50 like your woman! She's a keeper!
    09-02-16 02:40 AM
    Just be thankful you didn�t get a Galaxy Note 7. Samsung is close to recalling all of them, after a series of fires and explosions, while charging.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    They just did a global recall, it's all over the News sites on Twitter.

anon(7915689) likes this.
    09-02-16 02:41 AM
    Well, I haven't given up yet, but nor am I completely sold.

I'll need to get a new sim tomorrow before I can really start using it.

The vibrate on every button press drove me insane and couldn�t find how to switch it off. At least that was one problem Google could solve.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 02:51 AM
    Just a reminder.....

Just as well, nuclear power is illegal in my country. The post already refused to deliver the power pack that Shop BlackBerry threw in for pre-orders, as it was classified dangerous goods.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 02:53 AM
    Just as well, nuclear power is illegal in my country. The post already refused to deliver the power pack that Shop BlackBerry threw in for pre-orders, as it was classified dangerous goods.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, well at least you can buy them at any corner store now it seels

And this old 9900 took me about 5 weeks to fully set up, that's half the fun and yes Google will come in handy haha keep us posted.

sethr likes this.
    09-02-16 02:57 AM

Not a good start.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, we live in a society of immediate gratification, and that's no less evident here. You're hating on the phone because of an hour setup? If you simply look around and read a little before posting a hate thread, you'll see you're not the only one this happens to and it's to be expected.

That's like me stomping my feet that my 2 hour car drive is taking longer than 45 minutes to reach my destination.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 06:33 AM
    Wow. Somebody needs to take a chill pill

CerveloJohn and sethr like this.
    09-02-16 07:54 AM
    Wow, we live in a society of immediate gratification, and that's no less evident here. You're hating on the phone because of an hour setup? If you simply look around and read a little before posting a hate thread, you'll see you're not the only one this happens to and it's to be expected.

That's like me stomping my feet that my 2 hour car drive is taking longer than 45 minutes to reach my destination.

Posted via CB10
    OP has a very, very valid point. The phone should turn on (quickly) and work. It's not like your 2 hour drive at all. Nonsense comparison. I'm not even going to go there..

OP: i'm not sure why it failed to download the update, but has it downloaded since you last tried?
    09-02-16 08:17 AM
    If only RIM had had better leadership at the time, maybe we would have devices that just work. It's called BB10. But I digress.

I think we are all better off with an android OS that BlackBerry has its fingerprint in, than those Samsung, nexus, etc users.

Definitely have to give a new device at least 10-15 days before you hate on it. Just look at all the youtube videos where someone has done "initial impression" video, then done a "after 10 days" video. The review is ALWAYS different once the device has settled.

To the OP, tell us how you feel in a week once you get the device settled, get your settings situated to your liking, and daily drive it.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    09-02-16 08:19 AM
    OP has a very, very valid point. The phone should turn on (quickly) and work. It's not like your 2 hour drive at all. Nonsense comparison. I'm not even going to go there..

OP: i'm not sure why it failed to download the update, but has it downloaded since you last tried?
    Guys BlackBerry phones all take a year to boot up. It's going through extra security checks they say. That won't change. Accept that it's a BlackBerry thing.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-02-16 08:34 AM
    I suggest you return it, because if THIS is creating such a horrible experience, I can't imagine what the LED will do to you.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and Mirko935 like this.
    09-02-16 08:46 AM

By the way, I don't thing trolls mean what you thing it means!
    Exactly. Millenials will use words without knowing the proper meaning.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-02-16 09:00 AM
    I suggest you return it, because if THIS is creating such a horrible experience, I can't imagine what the LED will do to you.

Posted via CB10
    What's up with the LED?
    09-02-16 09:01 AM
    One hour and you gave up? Good Lord. First time powered on it needs to encrypt the device and then install 2 or 3 updates.

Go to settings, sounds and notifications, other sounds and turn off vibrate on touch. You're welcome.

As for the LED i understand wanting RGB but i personally don't need it as i use a lock screen to see my notifications. And battery life, it's just like most other Android phones I've used, after a few days it settles and i get more than a day life out of it.
    09-02-16 10:30 AM
    What's up with the LED?
    It only has... one... colour...
    LyoobaBerry and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    09-02-16 10:32 AM
64 123