I am trying to plug in a micro USB otg cable to transfer videos off my phone's internal sd card onto my external SD card with the otg cable but I can't paste onto it.
    This really sucks if I have to find a pin to get access to my sdcard everytime I need to copy from it.
    08-22-16 09:22 AM
    I am trying to plug in a micro USB otg cable to transfer videos off my phone's internal sd card onto my external SD card with the otg cable but I can't paste onto it.
    This really sucks if I have to find a pin to get access to my sdcard everytime I need to copy from it.
    Can you give us all some idea of what kind of phone you have ?
    If it's a Priv or DTEK50 you are talking about, the device supports USB OTG you just need a file manager app that does as well. Note some android apps support it at different levels so be careful which app you choose off of the google play store, they are not all equal :-)
    08-22-16 10:46 AM
    some android apps support it at different levels
    Search usb otg file manager search terms in Google Play Store to locate those apps HERE

Steve
    08-22-16 11:17 AM
    Can you give us all some idea of what kind of phone you have ?
    If it's a Priv or DTEK50 you are talking about, the device supports USB OTG you just need a file manager app that does as well. Note some android apps support it at different levels so be careful which app you choose off of the google play store, they are not all equal :-)
    Dtek50
    08-22-16 05:30 PM
    Has anyone found an app that works with the dtek50? I still can't transfer to my external usb flash drive...
    08-23-16 01:27 PM
    Has anyone found an app that works with the dtek50? I still can't transfer to my external usb flash drive...
    I do not get exactly what your problem is. When plugging in yout OTG cable/USB key, the external USB does not show among as a new storage device, or it does but you can not write onto it?
    In the first case it could just be a defective cable. In the second, a fie explorer (like ES or many others) should do the copying job fine.
    08-25-16 07:24 AM
    On the note of USB OTG is there a document or webpage out there that helps clarify what peripheral keyboard buttons will perform which functions on my BlackBerry (I have Z30)..

For example I know ESC on a keyboard functions as BACKSPACE in the bb10 browser for returning to previous Web pages.. T & B = top and bottom...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 01:49 PM
    You don't need an additional/third party app to use OTG on the DTEK50. DTEK50 supports OTG and works fine. It is your cable, adapter, etc.

BlackBerry DTEK50 review | CrackBerry.com

For you folks who believe USB OTG is the best thing since sliced bread, you don't have to worry about losing that option on the DTEK50. Provided you have an adapter to use; you can connect your USB drive, and it will be detected just fine.
    08-25-16 02:05 PM
    Solid explorer does not work once you select a file it goes to clipboard and from there you can't select external memory if you do the clipboard selection goes poof.
    I am trying to copy a video off my phone onto my external sd card via OTG cable onto a micro sdcard reader.
    This is so frustrating!
    liquidneon likes this.
    08-25-16 11:48 PM
    My problem is #2 i can't write to it and I have yet to find any file explorers that will let me.
    liquidneon likes this.
    08-25-16 11:49 PM
    yeah this is def an issue. i just got a DTEK60... trying to load some music onto my microSD card...
    no file explorer even detects the external storage. in some apps it says SD card, but it is folder within the internal memory. when using the android settings, and going to storage, it does in fact show all files are on internal memory (nothing in external SD).
    ive tried 2 different file explorers, and neither of them display my external SD card, all they see is internal.

when i first got the phone, it asked me if i want to treat the SD card as external flash memory for moving files around, or if i want it to be an extension of the phone (cant use in other devices)... i chose the latter option thinking it'd probably be more secure this way (if i lose the phone, someone cant just pull out the sd card and see all my content).

so yeah, i think that is what the issue is related to. external memory is not detected in file explorer apps so you cant put anything on it. not sure what to do
    11-12-16 09:18 AM
    Most file manager apps which support usb otg. Require a paid upgrade or add on to work properly.
    11-12-16 09:22 AM
    I have Solid Explorer (paid version) and the OTG plug in and it works just fine. I can access a thumb drive as well as a 1tb portable hard drive. Well worth the money.
    11-12-16 04:57 PM