Did anyone here came from the HTC One M8?

Cheers
    10-30-16 08:00 AM
    I got my dtek50 last night
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    11-02-16 12:54 AM
    I didn't get the HTC M8 but I got a DTEK50 kinda should have waited for the DTEK60 but that was like 3-4 months ago, who's going to wait 3-4 months for a better phone?
    11-02-16 11:53 AM
    I didn't get the HTC M8 but I got a DTEK50 kinda should have waited for the DTEK60 but that was like 3-4 months ago, who's going to wait 3-4 months for a better phone?
    I used to sell computers quite some time ago. People would always ask me if there will be a better cheaper one coming out soon. I would tell them to "hurry and buy this one, before the price does goes down".
    My point to them was there is ALWAYS going to be a better /cheaper one. Get what you want today. Enjoy it. When the next greatest electronics comes along, make the decision to buy it then.
    PS: I bought a Dtek50. Would like the 60, but I'm happy with what I have. (For now). Cheers!
    falbo likes this.
    11-02-16 01:14 PM
    Got mine this week! First time in android. Not bad.. not bad! But there are some things in OS that i say: whaat? what is this sh*t?!
    My phone was bbz10.
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    11-13-16 02:27 PM
    Got mine this week! First time in android. Not bad.. not bad! But there are some things in OS that i say: whaat? what is this sh*t?!
    My phone was bbz10.
    Indeed. It's great for people who just need the basic modern day phone stuff - emails, txt, call, messengers, social media. I've only had it for a month, but I think the 50 suits my needs already, and I think I can now comfortably wait and hope that that pkb release would still happen soon.
    11-15-16 07:13 AM
    2 days ago I bought my 2nd DTEK50.

First try in July - sold it, because way too light and at this time, not a good replacement for a Passport OG or Z30.

After Z10, Q5, Q10, Leap, Z30, PP OG, PP SE, Priv = rattling keyboard after 2 days, the DTEK50 has a great value and I now I like it.

Ordered the BB Leather Case, makes it bulky but ok.

I miss the red light and a BB Logo on the front. Man, it is a BlackBerry, everyone should immediately recognize that!

NO BATTERY DRAIN!
    11-18-16 05:08 PM
    I'm really tempted to make the switch, but I'm going to hold out for the Dtek PKB phone in the New Year.
    11-20-16 10:48 PM
    I'm really tempted to make the switch, but I'm going to hold out for the Dtek PKB phone in the New Year.
    My thoughts exactly
    11-21-16 06:29 AM
    To get a lil bit of that feel of my Bold(s), I just remembered to download that classic Gung Ho alert sound!! Noooow, it's a BlackBerry phone! Nyahaha
    11-22-16 10:00 PM
    I've had mine for about a month now and really like it. Battery life isn't an issue in any way as it lasts as long as any other phone I've owned other than my Z30. My last phone was a LG G3 and I still have it, ... great phone and just like new, and more of a high end phone than the DTEK50, but I bought this because I wanted the Blackberry security features and feel better about on-line banking etc.The one thing I notice is my phone seems to get quite hot if I use it for long periods of watching movies or music videos, but everything runs smooth and I've never had a problem. I am hoping Android 7 comes available before long although there really is nothing wrong with how it runs on the current OS. I just like OS upgrades as soon as possible once they are brought out.
    11-25-16 02:45 PM
    got 2 more dtek50 from staples today. I couldn't justify the 60 being double :s
    11-25-16 03:35 PM
    I broke down yesterday and bought My DTEK 50 from Amazon. Got a shipped message and looking forward to getting it.
    So, now I've got to figure out what to do with my Z10, Z30 and Leap....oh well.
    12-02-16 07:14 AM
    I bought myself one for a Birthday/Thanksgiving present (they were the same day this year). Though, I bought it from BB Direct because it's almost 700CAD in South Africa, and it was 320CAD after tax from BB Direct. Having a friend send it on from Canada to me...way cheaper this way. Hooray for unlocked devices! I'm so unreasonably excited to get this thing! I'm keen to try the BB Android launcher...I've heard pretty good things about it.
    12-02-16 08:18 AM
    Finally got my DTEK50 yesterday...not the biggest fan of the way notifications are handled on Android, but otherwise, I'm really liking the phone!
    12-13-16 03:29 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Still getting used to Android but good phone.
    12-31-16 01:43 AM
    Finally, I just got a new DTEK50 (US version) for Christmas, bought from Amazon.com. As a diehard BlackBerry 10 user it was a really difficult decision to make. Nevertheless, the reasonably good specs and low price of the DTEK50 convinced me to try Android, although I still intend to keep my BB10 Classic as backup. Overall, I'm quite impressed with the performance of the DTEK50 despite being a little disappointed with the non-availability of some native BlackBerry apps. For instance, when I try to install 2 of my favorite BB10 apps (BB Protect and Password Keeper) I get the error message "This item is not available in your country". Also, I couldn't initially install a 64GB SD card for the same reason (Microsoft exFAT app not available). In this case, however, I simply formatted the SD card as FAT32 on a PC using a 3rd party utility (Rufus). I would like to hear the experiences of other DTEK50 users an if anyone found solutions to the aforementioned problems.
    01-01-17 02:05 PM
    Count me too :-) Tomorrow delivery my dtek50 27.1.2017. I'm second for 2017 in this counts :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 10:15 AM
    You won't be disappointed I love mine so far. It can do a lot, it's still a blackberry overall and I've found the phone to be responsive and useful so far. My only gripes if you can call them that are: the phone is about 0.2 too thick. I'd go a touch thinner next time, as I don't think the extra width is worth the slightly awkward hold as a result. It's really all about function in the end. The soft touch back is a real plus in my opinion.
    01-26-17 09:20 PM
    Got my DTEK50 yesterday and a sim card today. Hope I can get some decent battery life once I'm done downloading a boatload of apps.
    02-02-17 09:54 PM
    Battery life is totally dependent on usage but for me it is totally fine. I'm normally at about 40-50% at the end of a day.
    02-03-17 09:24 PM
    I just got my first Dtek50! I've had nearly every BB10 device (not the Q5 and Leap) and I've had the Priv since launch. I picked up the Dtek50 brand new from a good deal eBay.

I think it's a great inexpensive device. It won't be my primary device but I will definitely play with it and put it through its paces.

Hopefully get a Dtek60 here soon, but I'm for sure getting a Mercury.
    02-14-17 04:00 PM
    I picked up a DTEK50 on the newest sale. This is coming from all sorts of BB devices including the Leap and Passport. The Z30 was my favorite device I've had until I dropped it. I tried the wife's old iPhone for a while and hated it, but I did find the apps helpful.

So, I tried the DTEK50 and, two days in, I am loving it! The size is great for me and I haven't had any issues with performance. I don't do games, so I was hoping it'd be fine, unlike what I thought was an underpowered Leap.

I'm thrilled so far.
    02-15-17 02:36 PM
    Now moved on to a dtek50 but I was sorry to have to put my z10 away
    03-10-17 12:15 PM
    Now moved on to a dtek50 but I was sorry to have to put my z10 away
    I feel your pain. I still have my Z30 on my night stand.
    planetbollox likes this.
    03-10-17 06:09 PM
133 ... 3456