Now that Nokia will be having phones with their brand and design touch, it would be awesome to see a blackberry / Nokia partnership

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    deadcowboy likes this.
    07-29-16 12:27 PM
    what nokia has that BB is lacking? Function, industry design, reliability, touch and feel, etc. what BB has that nokia is lacking? hardware/software integration? UI interface? security? what you think if you can cherry picking both? just curious...
    07-29-16 12:32 PM
    Nokia=best cameras, brand worth of something, lot's of cash
    BlackBerry =best keyboards, brand worth of something, security

NoBe would then come with excellent pkb/vkb, excellent camera front/back, most secured phone and guaranteed interest of press and cash on hand to market.

Oh and last but not least it would have "Snake IV" - Where Snake has a big revenge against huge apples that are on steroids

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy likes this.
    07-29-16 12:54 PM
    You do know "Nokia" isn't Nokia anymore right?

There are THREE Nokias:

- Microsoft Devices, responsible for the old dumb phones, Symbian and Lumia phones, they're too busy laying people off
    - The original Nokia that owned Microsoft Devices, they are only on the infrastructure side and has no interest in devices
    - HMD, a startup by former Nokia execs and Foxconn, that licensed the Nokia brand to build phones, and is not really related to Nokia that you guys are trying to fantasize to "partner with BlackBerry".

About as feasible as bringing out a BB10 phone.
    Troy Tiscareno and Bubba245 like this.
    07-29-16 01:06 PM

There are THREE Nokias:

- Microsoft Devices, responsible for the old dumb phones, Symbian and Lumia phones, they're too busy laying people off
    - The original Nokia that owned Microsoft Devices, they are only on the infrastructure side and has no interest in devices
    - HMD, a startup by former Nokia execs and Foxconn, that licensed the Nokia brand to build phones, and is not really related to Nokia that you guys are trying to fantasize to "partner with BlackBerry".

I was partly kidding, but I have to say that you took it pretty seriously

What about rubber boots? Tv's? Tyres? There are lot more than three Nokias..

Posted via CB10
    Coops12 likes this.
    07-29-16 01:18 PM
    Nokia=best cameras, brand worth of something, lot's of cash
    BlackBerry =best keyboards, brand worth of something, security

NoBe would then come with excellent pkb/vkb, excellent camera front/back, most secured phone and guaranteed interest of press and cash on hand to market.

Oh and last but not least it would have "Snake IV" - Where Snake has a big revenge against huge apples that are on steroids

Posted via CB10
    First, Nokia phones will be manufactured by a partnership with a Foxconn subsidiary and former Microsoft/Nokia executives. They're using a strategy licensing the Nokia brand. Second, Blackberry is rebadging hardware and not licensing out their name. At this point companies will be functioning as direct competitors both relying on Android Nougat.

07-29-16 01:49 PM
    I was partly kidding, but I have to say that you took it pretty seriously

What about rubber boots? Tv's? Tyres? There are lot more than three Nokias..

Posted via CB10
    I was really replying to OP to say how infeasible his idea was.
    07-29-16 02:12 PM
    I was really replying to OP to say how infeasible his idea was.
    Some people hate information and facts.

07-29-16 03:04 PM
    Some people hate information and facts.

Oh you mean like that guy who keeps bumping the BB10 autoloader for Priv thread right?
    07-29-16 03:52 PM
    Oh you mean like that guy who keeps bumping the BB10 autoloader for Priv thread right?
    Exactly...that and so many others......

07-29-16 03:57 PM

There are THREE Nokias:

Nokia is still a company. . It sold it's entire cell phone everything to Microsoft and signed a no compete clause which is or just expired.

Nokia has a name that everyone recognizes as a cell phone, which is why it was able to licence the name to new android phones. .

I just think a cell phone with the branding Nokia / BlackBerry may peak some interesting conversations.

I realize that Nokia won't be making the phones but blackberry doesn't make cell phones anymore either.

I would love to buy a big yellow bodied cell phone (no patent on that by Microsoft former Nokia product) that says designed by Nokia secured by BlackBerry.

auditman likes this.
    07-30-16 02:25 AM
    Nokia is still a company. . It sold it's entire cell phone everything to Microsoft and signed a no compete clause which is or just expired.

Nokia has a name that everyone recognizes as a cell phone, which is why it was able to licence the name to new android phones. .

I just think a cell phone with the branding Nokia / BlackBerry may peak some interesting conversations.

I realize that Nokia won't be making the phones but blackberry doesn't make cell phones anymore either.

I would love to buy a big yellow bodied cell phone (no patent on that by Microsoft former Nokia product) that says designed by Nokia secured by BlackBerry.

BlackBerry design is much better than Nokia! Except nokia designed by germen studio

Posted via Priv
    07-30-16 03:33 AM
    BlackBerry design is much better than Nokia! Except nokia designed by germen studio

Posted via Priv
    I would have to disagree.
    07-30-16 07:23 AM
    Nokia secured android phone by Blackberry or just Nokia-BlackBerry. The best brand of the past join together with the best phone. Design,quality, camera,battery and privacy and all on one Android device from the number one builders in history.

Posted via CB10
    auditman likes this.
    07-30-16 08:02 AM
    At first I laughed, but then... If Nokia has kept its engineering chops it might make sense, leaving BB to focus on software... far fetched but none of Nokias ever failed, while even my Nexus 4 had problems (the camera). BB is going to have to demonstrate the superiority of DTEK, the reliability of the Hub etc.
    07-30-16 11:23 AM
    Nokia has NO hardware division any more.
    BlackBerry has NO hardware division any more.
    07-31-16 09:37 AM
    Nokia has NO hardware division any more.
    BlackBerry has NO hardware division any more.
    We all know this. But people remember the name Nokia fondly.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 01:28 PM
    I would have to disagree.
    As usual! Nothing new

Posted via Priv
    09-07-16 05:29 PM
    Nokia secured android phone by Blackberry or just Nokia-BlackBerry. The best brand of the past join together with the best phone. Design,quality, camera,battery and privacy and all on one Android device from the number one builders in history.

Posted via CB10
    Sound it great, but both have to patents and technical exchanges . Mobile phones it is flooded in market, not liked old days, that are too many low and middle spec mobile phones in India and China. These Phones features are mostly duplicate or improvised the functions.

BlackBerry Z30-STA100*6 BlackBerry
    09-07-16 08:02 PM

Sounds like a sex toy. hehehhe
    09-08-16 02:35 AM