Been checking UK retailers carphonewarhouse and still no mention of the new bb DTEK50 in there 'coming soon ' section or anywhere else.If this was a new iphone or samsung they would be all over it ( imho).
    07-30-16 01:50 AM
    Been checking UK retailers carphonewarhouse and still no mention of the new bb DTEK50 in there 'coming soon ' section or anywhere else.If this was a new iphone or samsung they would be all over it ( imho).
    There's your mistake... Comparing BlackBerry with iPhone and Samsung.
    BlackBerry simply doesn't have the distribution and marketing muscle. Give them a few weeks.

*A3-A20
    07-30-16 01:59 AM
    No mistake or comparing,the dtek50 has been on youtube for a number of days now with various reviews but still no mention on cpw uk
    07-30-16 02:12 AM
    No mistake or comparing,the dtek50 has been on youtube for a number of days now with various reviews but still no mention on cpw uk
    Why would CPWH be in the slightest bit interested in the DTEK50?

CPWH sell consumer phones to consumers; the DTEK50, with it's security features, is aimed at the Enterprise Fleet-phone market.

As has been comprehensively proven over many years, general consumers simply don't care (enough) about security and what the DTEK50 offers for the price premium over an Idol4 simply won't attract general consumers. CPWH understand this, and I'd be surprised if the DTEK50 were ever mentioned by them. CPWH certainly won't waste their expensive advertising and marketing resource on a phone that will appeal to pretty-much none of their customers.

I'd guess that if you really wanted one, you can buy one from BB directly.
    07-30-16 04:23 AM
    Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe there's no stupid Carphone Warehouse exclusivity like the Priv did that delayed overall availability.
    07-30-16 06:45 AM

CPWH sell consumer phones to consumers; the DTEK50, with it's security features, is aimed at the Enterprise Fleet-phone market.

As has been comprehensively proven over many years, general consumers simply don't care (enough) about security and what the DTEK50 offers for the price premium over an Idol4 simply won't attract general consumers. CPWH understand this, and I'd be surprised if the DTEK50 were ever mentioned by them. CPWH certainly won't waste their expensive advertising and marketing resource on a phone that will appeal to pretty-much none of their customers.

While i respect your opinion/view cpw still have the passport and classic on there site for sale so i think they eventually will be the slightest bit interested, Going by the many views and high interest on cb i think that many consumers are interested in this phone and not just the enterprise fleet phone market.
    07-31-16 01:45 AM
    While i respect your opinion/view cpw still have the passport and classic on there site for sale so i think they eventually will be the slightest bit interested, Going by the many views and high interest on cb i think that many consumers are interested in this phone and not just the enterprise fleet phone market.
    I guess that hope springs eternal.

CPWH sell the Passport and the Classic because they are pitched as consumer phones, in the same way that iPhones and the Samsung S7 are. Many people use an iPhone as their "work-phone", but that doesn't make the iPhone an Enterprise-focused device. The DTEK50 is an Enterprise-focused device.

In a world where, according to Bla1ze, the DTEK50 isn't even going to be available through US carriers but only through direct purchases from ShopBB; it's clear that the US carriers and even BB themselves don't see the phone as being a consumer device.

As to the DTEK50 being of interest here on the CB forums... I don't believe that the views expressed here on the CB forums are... erm... entirely representative of the wider population.

When many of the posts I see here are from people expecting the imminent revival of BB10, or demanding that BB bring back BBOS devices, I think it's fair to say that CB posters are a niche population whose interests and preferences aren't necessarily mainstream.

That said, the reviews of the DTEK50 that I've seen suggest that its a very nice Enterprise fleetphone pitched at an good price-point given the built-in security features that those buyers find attractive. It might even be a steady seller in those markets - enough to keep BB in the Hardware business.

If you wanted a DTEK50, waiting for CPWH to stock it might take a while. Instead, as I said, you could order one from ShopBB.

Alternatively you could buy an Idol4 from Tesco for �189 (as I've seen one enterprising poster here do) and load the BB Apps onto that Idol4 to give you a DTEK50-Lite with the same hardware. You wouldn't have the hardened-Android of the DTEK50 but, as said above, few consumers appear to be interested in that kind of Enterprise-level security anyway.

Good Luck!
    07-31-16 02:55 AM
    It'll turn up at carphone warehouse, they sell every Tom **** and Harry of moblies, it is after all a warehouse full of phones I was in there yesterday they had dozens of doros for goodness sake, if they can be bothered to sell those they will sell a phone from blackberry even if it's only online they'll sell it.

Posted via CB10
    falbo likes this.
    07-31-16 03:33 AM
    It'll turn up at carphone warehouse, they sell every Tom **** and Harry of moblies, it is after all a warehouse full of phones I was in there yesterday they had dozens of doros for goodness sake, if they can be bothered to sell those they will sell a phone from blackberry even if it's only online they'll sell it.
    Doros sell. So CPWH stocks them. I'm sure heaps of Doros are bought by well-meaning youngsters everyday for their Grandmas!

If the DTEK50 is proven to sell, CPWH will stock it.

It might be a statement of the obvious but: shops stock what their customers want to buy. Shelf space, even warehouse shelf space, is valuable. CPWH won't stock phones that they don't believe are worth the shelf-space, and they certainly won't be spending their marketing/advertising money on poor sellers.
    07-31-16 04:54 AM
    Pre-Order it from ShopBlackBerry's UK site.. �275.00 incl. VAT:

BlackBerry Smartphones & Accessories ? Buy Unlocked Phones, Cases, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More
    07-31-16 06:32 AM

Slow but for sure consumers are getting conciseness that security is becoming an issue. So DTEK50 gives them the answer to this. I really hope that thanks to its reasonable price it will break through also for consumers. I would want my son to use it over an IPhone... But I am a BlackBerry fan for many years off course...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-31-16 06:42 AM
    Doros sell. So CPWH stocks them. I'm sure heaps of Doros are bought by well-meaning youngsters everyday for their Grandmas!

It might be a statement of the obvious but: shops stock what their customers want to buy. Shelf space, even warehouse shelf space, is valuable. CPWH won't stock phones that they don't believe are worth the shelf-space, and they certainly won't be spending their marketing/advertising money on poor sellers.
    Hence the part where I said it'll turn up. That guy wants one, I want one my missus wants one and when a few fleets get sold on them I'm sure carphone warehouse will sell them because if they don't then we will buy them elsewhere and it might be a statement of the obvious but shops don't want customers buying from other shops............................................. ....................

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 06:52 AM
    It's up for pre-order from Clove: https://www.clove.co.uk/dtek50-by-blackberry
    07-31-16 07:25 AM

You raise a solid argument but I have to say that CPW are usually the first in the UK to stock a new BlackBerry. Your points are valid but the historical trend of the company in relation to BlackBerry must of course carry some weight.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-31-16 05:25 PM