Hi all, does anyone know where abouts on the back of the DTEK50, the NFC chip is roughly located?

I was at a retailer today that supports Android Pay and I have it setup on my DTEK50 with my bank's credit card (who also support Android Pay). I tried to swipe over the pay-wave terminal but nothing happenedd. If somebody knows if it's the top of the phone or bottom or middle, I can try and focus there next time with a bit more precision in my waving lol

Normally the User Guide shows you where the NFC chip is located but I couldn't find it for the DTEK50.

Many thanks in advance :-)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-26-16 06:42 AM
    Do you have to toggle it on in the settings?
    08-26-16 11:06 AM
    I did several searches and can't find where the chip is, but found this article: Android Pay Will Soon Be Able To Tell You Where Your NFC Chip Is
    Em2016 likes this.
    08-26-16 11:16 AM
    Is there any nfc chip on the dtek?

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    08-26-16 11:22 AM
    I did several searches and can't find where the chip is, but found this article: Android Pay Will Soon Be Able To Tell You Where Your NFC Chip Is
    Nice pickup! I'm not the only Android user with this issue then lol.

I might ask BlackBerry in the mean time. But if someone else knows, please do share! :-)
    08-26-16 04:51 PM
    Do you have to toggle it on in the settings?
    Yep you do but everything was ready. NFC on, credit card setup on the Android Pay app, bank app open and unlocked. Just didn't know where to swipe the phone over the terminal to get the best scan.
    08-26-16 04:55 PM
    NFC has to be on. Two finger swipe down from top. It should be in your quick launches. Or add it.

The reader works anywhere from the top to the middle of the phone. Just checked it with the NFC chip on my wall.
    That's thru the flip case too.
    08-26-16 05:24 PM
    My husband was playing around with using NFC to pair up his Mega Boom EU speaker to my DTEK50, and we think the chip seems to be behind the Blackberry logo pips. He tried it in different areas of my phone and it seemed to clunk and connect at the pips.
    Em2016 likes this.
    08-26-16 07:57 PM
    NFC has to be on. Two finger swipe down from top. It should be in your quick launches. Or add it.

The reader works anywhere from the top to the middle of the phone. Just checked it with the NFC chip on my wall.
    That's thru the flip case too.
    Sethr how does one add NFC to quick launches? Thanks. I didn't know we had quick launches. lol
    08-26-16 08:02 PM
    My husband was playing around with using NFC to pair up his Mega Boom EU speaker to my DTEK50, and we think the chip seems to be behind the Blackberry logo pips. He tried it in different areas of my phone and it seemed to clunk and connect at the pips.
    Thanks for this test! I'll try and target this area next time I'm at a PayPass terminal :-)
    kitmo likes this.
    08-26-16 08:38 PM
    Honestly it shouldn't really matter where the chip is... terminals should be able to pick it up without actual contact
    RRaburn likes this.
    08-26-16 08:47 PM