I was reading the thread about someone not being able to use ear buds or head sets other than those that came with the DTEK50. I tried a variety of my old ear buds and old Sony head set, and all worked fine BUT. If I chose the radio, I could hear only rap music. If I chose my music from Play Music such as Johnny Cash or Ann Murray or John Lennon, I could only hear rap. I checked all my apps and could not find anything left open. No visible indicator until I opened things one by one and I found Neutron was running and playing rap. I closed it and promptly uninstalled it, and the last time I had used Neutron was about 4 days ago and yes I had listened to a rap song. I bought Neutron on recommendations here, but I will not use it again as I think somehow it is buggy. Also in that 4 day time frame my battery was going from very good long lasting to me having to charge it at evening time. So just watch Neutron if you use it. I am very careful to close all apps and in this case there was no indicator anywhere it was running until I opened it.
    09-06-16 01:41 PM
    Good thing I just use Google Music then.
    kitmo likes this.
    09-06-16 01:44 PM
    Neutron has a bunch of settings regarding auto-launch, auto-pause, auto-resume, should it run as a service etc. You can also set what the phone does when you connect a headset.

If you disconnected the headset while it was playing and connected it again Neutron just did what it was told to do, i.e. resume playing your music. (I believe those are the default settings)
    It's not a bug, it's a feature Though if there was no notification that it's playing, that could be called a bug.

Anyway, install System Panel Lite if you like checking what apps are active. Not that I'm saying you should.
    kitmo likes this.
    09-06-16 02:35 PM
    Dmitry ([email protected]) is pretty good at getting back to you. I would suggest emailing him about the problem. We worked together on a USB Audio bug on BB10.
    kitmo likes this.
    09-06-16 04:35 PM
    Mirko thanks for the information on Neutron. That is way too many hoops for my personality lol. I will leave that app behind and use Google Music.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-06-16 07:53 PM
    Mirko thanks for the information on Neutron. That is way too many hoops for my personality lol. I will leave that app behind and use Google Music.
    To each his own, I guess... I like Neutron's customizability and feature-richness, but if you just need a simple player, there are many other better options for you.
    09-07-16 03:24 AM
    To each his own, I guess... I like Neutron's customizability and feature-richness, but if you just need a simple player, there are many other better options for you.
    I need a very simple player. I don't really like the Google Play Music--too much stuff there about choosing radio stations etc. Any recommendation for something very stream lined and simple please?
    09-07-16 10:48 AM
    Have a look in this thread on the Priv forums: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...c-app-1079121/

I haven't used anything but Neutron in years so I can't tell you much
    kitmo likes this.
    09-07-16 11:16 AM
    I need a very simple player. I don't really like the Google Play Music--too much stuff there about choosing radio stations etc. Any recommendation for something very stream lined and simple please?
    The best standalone player out there to me is the venerable foobar2000.
    09-08-16 02:59 AM
    You could use Greenify to hibernate the app when not in use. I do it with some of my apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-08-16 06:11 AM
    I'm using a music app called Pulsar. It's a vary simple music app.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    kitmo likes this.
    09-08-16 06:19 AM
    Carmels thanks for the Pulsar recommendation. I just downloaded the app and it is perfect! Simple and straight forward. One thing I notice is that it will play all of my old music library. Years ago I bought an Ipod at a police auction that had 5000 Indie songs on it that are treasures. The Google Play Music would not play quite a few of them (I guess due to some copyright issues?) but Pulsar is playing them. I love the app. Thank you so much.
    09-08-16 11:21 AM