Getting pretty lonely in the beta boards; need to catch up to the activity in the PRIV Beta forums. It's a great place to hang out and participate in the OS development for the DTEK50.

Register and get the latest (monthly security updates usually released weeks in advance; hint, hint )

Build AAG326 is being pushed to testers now.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by ajwan; 08-31-16 at 12:44 PM.
    08-30-16 08:14 PM
    Did a search and no dtek50 threads. Haven't been "invited". To the DTek50 club I guess

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    08-30-16 11:19 PM
    Did a search and no dtek50 threads. Haven't been "invited". To the DTek50 club I guess

Assuming you already have a BB ID, sign in, register for a BetaZone account, complete the profile (making sure you register your DTEK50 as your primary device and serial number). BB will go over your profile (within a day) and then you'll get an invite. Try that. It's pretty quiet in the DTEK50 beta forum.
    08-31-16 12:03 AM
    Yep. Had a beta zone account since 2011. Everything was updated. Meh. Not end of world..... Just fun to get betas LoL

08-31-16 02:13 AM
    It's not like everyone that is a beta tester hangs out in the boards. Most don't.
    But most don't post what's going on like you did, since you agreed not to.
    08-31-16 09:55 AM
    It's not like everyone that is a beta tester hangs out in the boards. Most don't.
    But most don't post what's going on like you did, since you agreed not to.
    From my post, I didn't divulge anything other than to say it's a little quiet there and the latest beta is being pushed to the testers.

CDM76 likes this.
    08-31-16 12:42 PM
    I've done the token part. waiting for bb beta zone to provision my dtek50.
    08-31-16 01:11 PM
    Just signed up to the beta. I just filled out my profile and put my serial number in there. I hope it's a quick turnaround and I can start downloading and playing with the new update.
    08-31-16 04:41 PM
    Good stuff guys/gals. Took about a day from the time I enabled diagnostics/tokens to when I was pushed the update.
    08-31-16 05:19 PM
    Just got d 435mb update. Wow so big!!!

08-31-16 05:25 PM
    Yeah, just got it. Took about four hours for it to land.
    08-31-16 05:59 PM
    Just got d 435mb update. Wow so big!!!

Back in the early Priv beta testing days, the updates were a beastly 1.2 GB!

08-31-16 08:39 PM
    Just got mine

Attached Thumbnails Need DTEK50 OS Beta Testers!-screenshot_20160901-004641.jpg  
    08-31-16 11:47 PM
    How come when I now run stage fright detector it now says my dtek50 is vulnerable. Quadrooter is fine.

09-01-16 12:45 AM
    How come when I now run stage fright detector it now says my dtek50 is vulnerable. Quadrooter is fine.

I'd discuss your findings in the DTEK50 Beta forums and send in a bug report if i were you.

09-01-16 02:17 AM

since your a beta tester and you see something is wrong you are obliged to report bugs and finding to the blackberry beta zone
    If you have no time then you re not supposed to be in beta ...... So why you went for it???
    sethr and ajwan like this.
    09-01-16 03:26 PM
    since your a beta tester and you see something is wrong you are obliged to report bugs and finding to the blackberry beta zone
    If you have no time then you re not supposed to be in beta ...... So why you went for it???
    Were in my post does it say I have no time? How did you know I didn't report it yet?
    bbone99 likes this.
    09-02-16 01:55 AM
    I'm waiting for the 'tokens' bit to get sorted out. The process isn't proving to be very quick, but i'm hoping to try and put some time into the beta once I can and get things ironed out and file as many bug reports as necessary.
    09-02-16 08:14 AM
    Got everything set up as of this morning.
    Hopefully it'll be worth the effort.

09-02-16 08:55 AM
    Were in my post does it say I have no time? How did you know I didn't report it yet?
    Read your report on this a few days ago. Thanks. As mentioned on the Beta I have been experiencing same (one minute safe, the next not) using "stagefright detector" (Zimperium). Other stagefright detectors declare I'm in the clear. Would be interesting for someone NOT running the Beta to see what they get with a scan.
    09-02-16 09:06 AM
    Read your report on this a few days ago. Thanks. As mentioned on the Beta I have been experiencing same (one minute safe, the next not) using "stagefright detector" (Zimperium). Other stagefright detectors declare I'm in the clear. Would be interesting for someone NOT running the Beta to see what they get with a scan.
    I am not on Beta......... I just received DTEK50 and setup yesterday.

Just installed Stagefright Detector (Zimperium) ------------ "Not Vulnerable"

Hope this helps!!
    scrannel and auditman like this.
    09-02-16 12:00 PM
    I did scan today using Zimperium. All clear. grrrrr wonder wats causing it. I posted this again @ beta zone.

09-02-16 11:47 PM
    Good for you sir and for us that we will buy it
    !!!!
    09-03-16 03:23 PM
    Anything new is the beta?? How's the battery life on dtek doing

09-04-16 03:37 PM
    Getting pretty lonely in the beta boards; need to catch up to the activity in the PRIV Beta forums. It's a great place to hang out and participate in the OS development for the DTEK50.

Register and get the latest (monthly security updates usually released weeks in advance; hint, hint )

Build AAG326 is being pushed to testers now.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=

Trying my best to get on this Beta. Registered, called BlackBerry, nothing on the Beta Zone about this DTEK50 build or program that I can see, BlackBerry support knows nothing g about it... what's your secret? I'm about 30 seconds away from lobbing this phone off an I95 overpass down here in Miami... :-(

09-05-16 03:11 PM
36 12