Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I got a dtek 50 last year September and it was awesome...until it fell off a table onto cermanic tiles. The table wasnt that high and I barely felt any impact. I didnt think anything will happen to it until I picked it up and found out that the screen stopped working. It is still showing fine but the touchscreen totally stopped working.
    I first thought it was a joke because the phone lags a bit but I restarted it and found out I broke the phone.
    I seriously dont think it is my fault since the drop was very minor. My BlackBerry z30 has survived much more devastating falls like that on concrete and tarmac. So, I dont get why the dtek 50 is so weak. I think it has something to do with the phone being manufactured by another company.
    But the sad thing I that I have gone everywhere asking if anyone could help me fix the phone. But no one seems to have the replacement screen.

Does anyone know where I can get the phone fixed?
    Btw, I stay in Nigeria but I can get to either us or uk to fix the phone.

I tried using the blackberry website to see how I can fix it but I just kept on getting into dead ends.
    Any suggestion/ idea is welcome.
    francisamc likes this.
    01-02-17 09:57 AM
    I missed some minor details:
    1. The dtek50 didnt have a case when it fell
    2. I had a tempered glass on the screen
    3. The actual screen had a single crack but nothing happened to the tempered glass on it.
    01-02-17 10:00 AM
    Maybe ask the repair shops if they can locate a screen for the Alcatel idol 4.

The dtek50 is more niche, but Is mostly an idol 4 with cosmetic changes and BlackBerry software.
    01-02-17 10:49 AM
    I missed some minor details:
    1. The dtek50 didnt have a case when it fell
    2. I had a tempered glass on the screen
    3. The actual screen had a single crack but nothing happened to the tempered glass on it.
    Weird, I dropped mine a few times. That's unlucky. If you are brave do a teardown and check the harnesses
    01-02-17 11:05 AM
    Wow. This is first time see someone damage the phone by dropping it and blaming the manufacturer

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    01-02-17 11:11 AM
    Any device will break when it falls just right. Doesnt matter where its made either. I would never use any device without a case. Sure i want to but its not work a broken device to me.

As mentioned you might be able to find a shop that can fix it will an idol 4 screen or order 1 online and fix it yourself.
    01-02-17 05:25 PM
    A friend in Waterloo cracked his Dtek screen a hairline that caused the touchscreen to stop working. A few weeks dealing with Blackberry he gave up, no means of repairing the unit and went to a Pixel. I've had decent support from BlackBerry albeit usually an issue with a handset in warranty.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 06:48 PM
    Cracked screen replacement needed... Found a similar thread. The idol 4 s digitizer is slightly different so, It most likely wont work. That option is too risky though
    01-03-17 10:37 AM
    Even If I do a teardown. I dont have any parts
    01-03-17 10:40 AM
    The digitizer for an idol 4 I different
    01-03-17 10:43 AM
    I understand your hesitation in fixing a cracked touch screen yourself. Surely there must be phone repair shops in your area that do this at reasonable cost?
    01-03-17 12:28 PM
    A friend in Waterloo cracked his Dtek screen a hairline that caused the touchscreen to stop working. A few weeks dealing with Blackberry he gave up, no means of repairing the unit and went to a Pixel. I've had decent support from BlackBerry albeit usually an issue with a handset in warranty.

Posted via CB10
    My DTEK50 would not charge anymore. I contacted BlackBerry Canada and they sent me a RMA Form and a prepaid label to send my DTEK50 via UPS. The repair is being handled by SBE Canada.

I sent the phone on Dec 21. It is being sent back to me today, January 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 12:34 PM
    My Dtek 50 screen is no longer working cause it fell off a table. Sadly,there is nowhere to fix it-lol-face.png

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    01-04-17 10:55 AM
    I had the same happen, called BB and they sent a repair order asap. I sent the phone in, one week later I received a new phone from BB instead of my actual unit being repaired. No cost to me
    01-04-17 09:08 PM
    I had the same happen, called BB and they sent a repair order asap. I sent the phone in, one week later I received a new phone from BB instead of my actual unit being repaired. No cost to me
    Wow, that is very interesting.
    I have some questions though
    1. Where did you get the number from?
    2. Did you send anything else with the phone..reciept etc.
    3. What is the number?
    4. What country are you in?
    5. Was the phone under the 30 day warranty
    01-05-17 07:41 AM
    Same problem here... anyone know how to replace the screen and where to order it from?
    03-16-17 06:15 PM
    If you can do the repair on your own, here's the part! This is my go-to BlackBerry repair parts place, haven't had any issues in the past. Have ordered screens for Z30 and Q10 in the past.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...bly-black.html
    03-19-17 10:03 PM
    If you can do the repair on your own, here's the part! This is my go-to BlackBerry repair parts place, haven't had any issues in the past. Have ordered screens for Z30 and Q10 in the past.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...bly-black.html
    Thanks... Do you have a video on how to replace the screen for the dtek50?
    03-21-17 08:29 AM
    Here's a pictorial teardown:

https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...rry_DTEK50/en/

And a video:
    03-21-17 08:33 AM
    I dropped my DTEK face down the other day getting out of my car. It fell on rocky (mountain type) and slid down I was on somewhat of a hill. I was so sure that it was over for me I had read this post not too long before the and another one that the screen cracked on someone's son, but it survived without any scratches too I might add. I live in Puerto Rico so it's lots of dirt and rocks, anyways I consider myself lucky and keep it on the car mount every time I'm in the car
    03-25-17 11:29 PM
    This is what happens when BlackBerry stops manufacturing the hardware. I've never cracked a BlackBerry Screen and I've dropped many. Heck I even took a curve swimming in the lake in my shorts pocket and it worked fine after a day next to the air conditioner.

But I remember how fragile my Samsung S3 was. That screen cracked if you dropped it on carpet.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 11:53 PM
    This is what happens when BlackBerry stops manufacturing the hardware. I've never cracked a BlackBerry Screen and I've dropped many. Heck I even took a curve swimming in the lake in my shorts pocket and it worked fine after a day next to the air conditioner.

But I remember how fragile my Samsung S3 was. That screen cracked if you dropped it on carpet.

Posted via CB10
    Has nothing to do with the manufacturer, if you drop a phone you have the risk of breaking it even if it were made by nasa. I cracked the screen on a Q10, 2 Z30s, and not I have a deep scratch on my Priv. Also seen a close friend of mines Crack a Leap and Passport so it happens with BlackBerry as well.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-15-17 12:07 PM
    Perhaps you can order the parts online and ask a repair shop to replace it for you?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:17 PM
    Hello myself recently contacted BlackBerry support and also got my Passport SE fixed. Excellent service.
    Here are the contact phone numbers.
    Good luck.

My Dtek 50 screen is no longer working cause it fell off a table. Sadly,there is nowhere to fix it-img_20170415_191605.png

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:17 PM
    Has nothing to do with the manufacturer, if you drop a phone you have the risk of breaking it even if it were made by nasa. I cracked the screen on a Q10, 2 Z30s, and not I have a deep scratch on my Priv. Also seen a close friend of mines Crack a Leap and Passport so it happens with BlackBerry as well.
    Wow. Well I guess it depends how clumsy the person is as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:30 PM