Anyone else find the notification volume low on this phone?

I've set it to maximum, yet don't hear the notification sound - well not very well, particularly if the phone's in a pocket or in a different room. Have set a very noticeable tone also.

Same sound on a different phone at highest setting will be heard without a problem.

Is this something that can be fixed through a software update?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 01:28 PM
    Yep, same problem here, that's why I returned mine for a priv.
    08-28-16 02:17 PM
    Yep, I find this to be the case too. Hope it'll be addressed in a future update.

08-28-16 03:29 PM
    Download some mp3 notifications. My phone is starwars themed and while the oem sounds were barely auditable the starwars one are deafening.

08-28-16 07:28 PM
    Have mp3 notifications. Piercing ones as well, but fairly muted on this phone for some reason.

Wondering if there's a way to increase gain on this DTEK

� via CB app �
    08-29-16 09:15 AM
    I'm having the same issue... I have an mp3 that plays fine with the music player, but is muted as a ringtone.

I had to put it away and go back to my z30 for now until a solution is found.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 05:51 PM
    Before we go too far, do you realize there are different volume controls for media and notifications?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 08:27 PM
    Before we go too far, do you realize there are different volume controls for media and notifications?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Way ahead of ya..

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 08:29 PM
    Well, I've gone through every known setting possible, including the Maxx Audio settings.

No matter what I change, the ringtone and notification mp3 files play at maximum volume when being set in the sounds setting menu or a music player app, but..... As soon as the phone rings or receives a message, the volume is considerably lower. This has to be a glitch in the OS, and not a setting issue.

This needs to be resolved ASAP.

Oh.....and before anyone asks.... the problem applies to the included ringtones as well as the ones I'm using, so it's definitely a phone issue, not a file issue.
    08-30-16 01:13 AM
    Just noticed this problem on my phone. That's one hell of a glitch.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 11:51 AM
    Anybody heard of a fix coming down the pipe? I have to decide whether to keep this thing & I cant hear my notifications at work.
    09-01-16 03:46 PM
    I'd like to know as well.... I'm back to my z30 for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 03:57 PM
    Well, I can tell you I am experiencing a similar situation on the G4 that replaced the dtek. Maybe the problem is in marshmallow? If the G4 wasn't so loud to begin with I would be stuck with the z30 or using an amplifier.
    09-03-16 05:21 PM
    Press to volume up button. A drop down menu will appear. Click on the down arrow on it and you will see 3 volume sliders. Set all sliders to full volume and you will get very loud notification sound.
    kitmo, auditman and phil4bb like this.
    09-03-16 10:58 PM
    Tried that, it didn't help.

09-04-16 10:47 AM
    Press to volume up button. A drop down menu will appear. Click on the down arrow on it and you will see 3 volume sliders. Set all sliders to full volume and you will get very loud notification sound.
    That made a big difference for my notification sound. Thanks.
    09-04-16 11:07 PM
    Don't ask we how, but the 443MB security update just fixed my low volume notification sound
    09-06-16 12:53 PM
    So did it make a big difference?
    09-06-16 08:51 PM
    When my g4 fired up for the fist time it loaded all my apps from google, inc all thre blackberry ones. My notification were also low on the g4 and never worked correctly. The second i deleted the hub, everything went back to normal. Might have been a bug in the hub.

09-07-16 12:15 AM
    So did it make a big difference?
    Yes it did! Annoyingly loud now to my ears. I did the download yesterday and I am sitting reading the forum and just subconsciously thought "I need to turn that pinning volume down as it is way too loud". Not sure why a security update would affect the volume???? But it did.
    09-07-16 10:51 AM
    Anyone else find the notification volume low on this phone?

I've set it to maximum, yet don't hear the notification sound - well not very well, particularly if the phone's in a pocket or in a different room. Have set a very noticeable tone also.

Same sound on a different phone at highest setting will be heard without a problem.

Is this something that can be fixed through a software update?

Did the software security update fix yours? Mine is so loud now that I start laughing as even touching the keys to unlock sounds like popcorn popping lol. Still wonder what a security update has to do with sound.
    09-08-16 10:27 AM