Looks like the reviews on the dtek5o are pretty good. My main concern if that the processor will get "old" pretty quick and I'm not one to change my phone often. The other option that i'm being offered at around the same cost is the LG G5 which has a better processor it seems. What are your thoughts? Can Blackberry software be put on an LG? (I assume no). The phone I am currently using is the Q10, love the phone and I'd keep it even longer but Blackberry 10 is just not being supported by a lot of the apps that I like to use now.

Thanks!
    12-29-16 07:20 PM
    Can Blackberry software be put on an LG? (I assume no)
    Depends on what you mean by software. The Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Password Keeper and more are available to download for free or with subscription afterward. Unofficially, you can even use the BlackBerry Keyboard.
    12-29-16 07:48 PM
    Looks like the reviews on the dtek5o are pretty good. My main concern if that the processor will get "old" pretty quick and I'm not one to change my phone often. The other option that i'm being offered at around the same cost is the LG G5 which has a better processor it seems. What are your thoughts? Can Blackberry software be put on an LG? (I assume no). The phone I am currently using is the Q10, love the phone and I'd keep it even longer but Blackberry 10 is just not being supported by a lot of the apps that I like to use now.

Thanks!
    The processor is already old. Noticeable lag right out the gate.
    12-29-16 08:56 PM
    What about the dtek software? Is that transferable to LG? If all the software is transferable why opt for an inferior phone?
    12-30-16 12:12 AM
    Maybe get someone to help you set one up properly?
    falbo, CerveloJohn and realist19 like this.
    12-30-16 12:40 AM
    no noticeable lag on my DTEK 50.
    falbo, CerveloJohn and realist19 like this.
    12-30-16 01:58 AM
    no noticeable lag on my DTEK 50.
    No lag on my DTEK 50 either.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-30-16 02:50 AM
    Unfortunately that's been your experience. Not mine or others who have the 50. I've had it since launch and it's been a real champ. Very happy with it.
    falbo and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-30-16 04:06 AM
    What about the dtek software? Is that transferable to LG? If all the software is transferable why opt for an inferior phone?
    Yes it is transferable.

If you can obtain the g5 for not much more than the dtek50 you'd be a fool not to.

The only caution with the G5 is the bootloop issue but LG fixes that for free even out of warranty.

Go try both in store if you can and see for yourself.

Im strongly against the dtek50 but others seem to like it. You'd have to try for yourself.

If photos are important to you however, there is no question you'd need to avoid all of BlackBerrys phones. They're crap compared to the top phones.
    12-30-16 06:17 AM
    evodevo, you mean BB droid software (hardened OS) can be transferred to another handset that not have license (LG in this case)? or you mean all the app can be transferred to LG handset?
    12-30-16 06:31 AM
    I've had mine for a month. Overall I'm very happy with it. Is it perfect no, but it is pretty inexpensive. I like the overall size for sure. Most of my issues are related to getting used to Android software and not the phone. They do roll out regular software updates more so than most other manufacturers but not monthly as they claimed. At least not for this particular BlackBerry model.
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    12-30-16 07:00 AM
    Lag what lag ,with 20 aps open ya like any phone there's a bit but let's be realistic. Wife got hers for Xmas and I'm actually very impressed with it and I own a PRIV. Very quick light weight !! And the screen is dam nice and for picture taking does a good job. For 269 is what paid u can't touch it for what u get . All around I'm seriously considering getting one. I mean the priv feels like a anchor and old compared to the 50
    falbo and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-30-16 07:35 AM
    Yes it is transferable.

If you can obtain the g5 for not much more than the dtek50 you'd be a fool not to.

The only caution with the G5 is the bootloop issue but LG fixes that for free even out of warranty.

Go try both in store if you can and see for yourself.

Im strongly against the dtek50 but others seem to like it. You'd have to try for yourself.

If photos are important to you however, there is no question you'd need to avoid all of BlackBerrys phones. They're crap compared to the top phones.
    You mean g4. G5 doesnt have a wide spread bootloop issue like g4 and nexus 6p. Only a couple people here and. There reported the issue within the first couple hours of startup.

The dtek50 takea great photos if you know what you are doing. If photos are the main concern get a pixel or iphone
    12-30-16 07:46 AM
    Yeah I agree if I buy the phone outright I'll get the dtek it just makes sense economically but for some reason on upgrade with Bell the LG G5 is only $50 more than the dtek and you get a much better processor. I also like the wide angle option for photos, although most of the reviews I have read suggest it has a brutal camera in low light which is disappointing.
    12-30-16 08:18 AM
    Yeah I agree if I buy the phone outright I'll get the dtek it just makes sense economically but for some reason on upgrade with Bell the LG G5 is only $50 more than the dtek and you get a much better processor. I also like the wide angle option for photos, although most of the reviews I have read suggest it has a brutal camera in low light which is disappointing.
    I'm confused. The G5 is a flagship phone and is priced accordingly. Are you considering the DTEK60 as an alternative? If so you are posting in the wrong thread.
    12-30-16 01:04 PM
    You mean g4. G5 doesnt have a wide spread bootloop issue like g4 and nexus 6p. Only a couple people here and. There reported the issue within the first couple hours of startup.

The dtek50 takea great photos if you know what you are doing. If photos are the main concern get a pixel or iphone
    Actually the g5 does, might want to double check your facts there bud!
    12-30-16 04:42 PM
    Actually the g5 does, might want to double check your facts there bud!
    who's bud? my name is clearly Mike. Can you provide proof of these "facts" I tried to and all I found was a couple of people on reddit and some other random forum with 1 or 2 people saying it happened to them. The one guy in said forum mentioned that if it doesn't happen on start up with the first day of use then it won't happen at all and its only been an extremely small number. unlike anything blackberry makes which is automatically the worst device ever made. How's your new apple 5c?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-30-16 04:48 PM
    No they are not offering the dtek60 only the 50. I don't know why they are offering the LG to me at only $50 less. It's just what they do on upgrades.
    12-30-16 09:39 PM
    No they are not offering the dtek60 only the 50. I don't know why they are offering the LG to me at only $50 less. It's just what they do on upgrades.
    What if u went month to month with a 50? Not locked in
    12-30-16 10:55 PM

Thanks!
    Firstly, no, you can't load the Blackberry Android OS on another device. Its been specially made with fancy security stuff that will only work on the device you purchased. But you can load the Blackberry Apps on another device which contain the The Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Password Keeper and more.

Processor wise. If you don't upgrade the OS and leave it on Marshmallow then nothing will get 'slower' unless the battery loses it's power but that happens overtime with any smartphone. The processor is a more 'budget' range one but it certainly can get the job done. Obviously if you gaming, you won't get the same power as a 821 but its still decent (for the price)
    12-31-16 03:24 AM
    Yeah its a tough call, I really like the idea of the blackberry security software and I'd like to support the company. Maybe I should wait for the Mercury and get the physical keyboard as well. Hard to say when I will be able to get that one though. It might be months.
    01-01-17 12:37 AM
    Mercury will be a nice device with a PKB but will very likely be more costly than the DTEK50. What works about the DTEK50 that many do not fully understand is that at its price point (@ 249 US dollars) it's a STEAL for an all touch BlackBerry/Android device.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    01-01-17 01:40 AM
    I tend to agree with most of the pro dtek50 views expressed here and will probably be investing in a dtek50 pretty soon. When you look at the spec comparison (processor speed, RAM, ROM, memory expansion ability and level of security) you will be doing well to find something that compares with the dtek50 at such a low price. In the U.K., it is possible to find a 24 month contract with 4gb data per month for about £420 all in. For anything else with the same spec, you would be looking at £650-£800. This clearly makes the dtek50 very, very attractive. Just saying.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-01-17 07:15 AM
    It seems like people are pretty happy with their dtek phones and the price is amazing. I'm still a little confused about one thing though and please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question but Matty mentioned you can't load the Blackberry Android OS on another phone because it has security features on it. But is the security not in the dtek app? And is that app along with the hub, launcher, bbm, password keeper and keyboard now free to download for any Android device? If this is the case price and devices aside what makes any "Blackberry" branded phone a Blackberry?
    01-01-17 11:26 AM
    It seems like people are pretty happy with their dtek phones and the price is amazing. I'm still a little confused about one thing though and please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question but Matty mentioned you can't load the Blackberry Android OS on another phone because it has security features on it. But is the security not in the dtek app? And is that app along with the hub, launcher, bbm, password keeper and keyboard now free to download for any Android device? If this is the case price and devices aside what makes any "Blackberry" branded phone a Blackberry?
    Research this and you can find plenty besides the DTEK app that makes BlackBerry Android unique and more secure.
    01-01-17 12:17 PM
86 123 ...