Anyone use this in sending text messages etc. When i press and hold the period key i can see the microphone icon appear but its shaded. I have also looked for this in the blackberry keyboard settings but cant find a way to set it up. I have also tried it connected to my wifi but no luck.
    12-07-16 10:04 AM
    Check your permissions settings to make sure microphone is allowed. Can you use Google Now or Google Search with OK Google? If they are working, then it's a permission issue.
    12-07-16 11:07 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I tried the okay google thing and that worked okay. As my phone was not connected to the wifi it gave me other options. So I tried again with Google and said okay Google send (name ) a text . This works but still won't within the text or email apps.
    12-07-16 11:21 AM
    It requires an Internet connection I believe. Mine doesn't work because I have google now disabled
    12-07-16 11:35 AM
    Thanks but as my first post I have already tried when connected to wifi with no luck.
    12-07-16 11:51 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I tried the okay google thing and that worked okay. As my phone was not connected to the wifi it gave me other options. So I tried again with Google and said okay Google send (name ) a text . This works but still won't within the text or email apps.
    That's weird, if it works with google it should work in keyboard too because now BB doesn't have it's own speech recognition like BB10, it relies on and uses Google to handle the speech recognition.

There is already offline option in the settings you can try that but like you said you were connected so it should work anyway. Sorry, it's baffling.
    12-07-16 12:21 PM
    Just got this to work and don't know how I did it, reckon this maybe handy at times. Also have it working in emails but can't figure out how to set a full stop.
    12-07-16 04:31 PM
    It requires an Internet connection I believe. Mine doesn't work because I have google now disabled
    Just sent a text without a WiFi connection using the microphone. It's something I would not use a lot but can see the hardiness of it
    12-07-16 04:35 PM