I work for an IT company and one of our distributors is the one who has the Blackberry stuff and I always buy my cases from them. Ordered on Friday and received today.

Pictures are really crappy since they are from my Z30 in crap light.......but you get the idea. I think the form factor of this phone will be amazing!

With my Z30 in it, just a bit taller, pretty much same width, MUCH thinner. (these pics were taken from my Nexus 9)

08-08-16 10:39 AM
    Out of the three. Which one do u recommend

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-16 10:54 AM
    Out of the three. Which one do u recommend

Hard for me to confirm for sure since I haven't held the phone but typically with my BB's I would use the Hard Shell case, for some reason I drop my phone often taking it out of my pocket etc. so at least this protects the corners a bit. However, the Smart Pocket I think might be the case for me, will fit nice in my pants pocket, keep it padded and still be able to see part of the screen without taking it out of the case.

**Edit**

The Z30 is so thick it doesn't even fit into the Smart Pocket lol
    08-08-16 11:00 AM
    Are the cases leather??

08-08-16 11:02 AM
    Are the cases leather??

Hard Shell Case is plastic but has a kind of leather feeling insert on the back, I'm sure it's not leather though.

Smart Flip is the same material as above, kinda faux leather feeling but nice feeling. Hard to explain but it's not as cheap/faux leather like the Passport flip case was but it's not real leather either. This case comes with a insert showing that you can "Tap Twice to Wake Screen" when the cover is closed and the back of the box says "Customized opening for view of time, date and notifications"

Smart Pocket is made of Canvas and the black part at the bottom feels like leather. This one also the back of the box says "Customized opening for view of time, date and notifications"
    08-08-16 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the quick and great review. Much appreciated.

08-08-16 11:22 AM
    Hard for me to confirm for sure since I haven't held the phone but typically with my BB's I would use the Hard Shell case, for some reason I drop my phone often taking it out of my pocket etc. so at least this protects the corners a bit. However, the Smart Pocket I think might be the case for me, will fit nice in my pants pocket, keep it padded and still be able to see part of the screen without taking it out of the case.

**Edit**

The Z30 is so thick it doesn't even fit into the Smart Pocket lol
    Thanks for the pics. Hard shell for me. I might add a flip case and/or holster for different uses. Be sure and update when you get your DTEK50 and give us comparisons.
    JeromeM and big_time2 like this.
    08-08-16 03:17 PM
    I found that with the hardshell case on the phone that it fits perfectly in my Leap leather holster. The DTEK50 leather holster is tight with just the phone in it. So if you want a holster that works with just the phone or with the hardshell case on it get a Leap holster.

08-14-16 10:38 AM
    Sending them all back. Not worth the money. Pu leather/cheap plastic. Hopefully sikai makes some cases for phone

Attached Thumbnails I got my DTEK50 Cases!!!-img_20160816_1619238.jpg  
    08-18-16 07:59 PM
    As I'm sure you know a magnet will activate (and sleep) the screen as well as put it into some kind of clock mode. These cases do that?
    08-18-16 11:10 PM
    As I'm sure you know a magnet will activate (and sleep) the screen as well as put it into some kind of clock mode. These cases do that?
    The Smart Flip and Smart Pocket have this feature as it activates the "window" of those cases.

Wanna buy mine?

Posted via DTEK50
    08-19-16 01:04 AM
    I was looking through the case selection on Amazon and found a bunch of cases for the DTEK50. I am a little skeptical when the DTEK50 is not pictured with case on it, but there are some with the actual DTEK50 pictured like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/DTEK50-Case-P...UvbUpU12563452

If Blackberry would reduce the prices on their accessories too, I would probably just buy the blackberry case.
    08-25-16 04:09 PM
    Does the case without the cover raise the screen off a flat surface or does the screen touch the surface?

Posted on my Z10. Still going strong almost 3 years later.
    08-25-16 06:51 PM
    I bought the BlackBerry outer hard plastic case same time I ordered DTEK50. It's actually a great really this protective case.

Posted via my DTEK50
    08-25-16 07:12 PM
    What? On DTEK? You sure?
    08-25-16 07:15 PM
    I purchased the DTEK50 holster sold by BlackBerry. A thing of beauty indeed!

08-25-16 09:56 PM
    I liked the black/grey combo one. But personally, I don't like flip covers.
    auditman likes this.
    08-26-16 01:46 AM
    Do NOT buy the Smart Flip Case. It does not hold on to the phone well. It seemed a bit too easy to snap the phone into the case. Ya, that should have set off warning sirens. A few days later I dropped my phone and when it hit the ground the phone separated from the Smart Flip Case and landed face down. Screen is cracked and unusable. I believe the phone would not have incurred any damage if the case had fit more tightly.
    09-08-16 12:02 AM
    I know it sucks. All you can do is blame yourself for dropping your phone. Next time instead of a flip case with no latch. Find a nice hard case that covers your phone. All the dtek50 cases from Blackberry are trash. I think the best one is the pouch.

Attached Thumbnails I got my DTEK50 Cases!!!-screenshot_20160908-013430.jpg  
    09-08-16 12:35 AM
    Which case is in the picture above. I'd like something with some substantial edges similar to an otter box to withstand a fall. I have the flip case which is nice but lacks in protection

09-08-16 07:38 AM
    I know it sucks. All you can do is blame yourself for dropping your phone. Next time instead of a flip case with no latch. Find a nice hard case that covers your phone. All the dtek50 cases from Blackberry are trash. I think the best one is the pouch.

OK now I'm worried about the case I'm going to get with my DTEK50. I was planning on getting flip case at BlackBerry Store but now I guess I'll look elsewhere for DTEK50 cases.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 10:27 AM
    EBay or aliexpress. Cheaper and a bunch of different selections

09-08-16 12:12 PM
    Go on eBay. Search dtek50 or idol 4 case

09-08-16 12:16 PM
    Which case is in the picture above. I'd like something with some substantial edges similar to an otter box to withstand a fall. I have the flip case which is nice but lacks in protection
    This is not an Otter Box but it has been mentioned in a few threads. I have it and is about as good of protection as you will get currently: Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid KickStand Case for BlackBerry DTEK50 | BlackBerry Hard Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    09-08-16 12:37 PM
    This is not an Otter Box but it has been mentioned in a few threads. I have it and is about as good of protection as you will get currently: Amzer Dual Layer Hybrid KickStand Case for BlackBerry DTEK50 | BlackBerry Hard Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    I like that one! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 04:11 PM
30 12