Right now it is not showing any holidays such as Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, etc. I just want to see these holidays on the calendar. What do I need to set to see holidays in the Calendar for DTEK50?
    08-17-16 06:14 PM
    If you are on exchange you can have MS outlook add the holidays. They have lists for many countries.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    08-17-16 06:25 PM
    If you are on exchange you can have MS outlook add the holidays. They have lists for many countries.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Thanks but I don't use exchange/MS Outlook/Google on the phone.

I don't want the calendar to be associated with anything but just show holidays on the calendar.
    08-17-16 06:59 PM

I don't want the calendar to be associated with anything but just show holidays on the calendar.
    It's called enter them manually.

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    08-17-16 08:58 PM

Access accounts via PC, and choose the calendars you want to see. This is via Passport.

How to get the DTEK50 Calendar to show holidays-img_20160818_001530.png

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    08-17-16 10:16 PM

You might use google calendar, though, and tell it to show you the holidays only. That is very easy to setup in the calendar settings.
    08-18-16 07:01 AM
    You might use google calendar, though, and tell it to show you the holidays only. That is very easy to setup in the calendar settings.
    There is only one calendar in the device, no clue if that is BlackBerry or Google calendar. In any case, I understand that calendar in the device is not going to show holidays without associating with some account.

The other calendar you are suggesting should be from the web which means I need to open up m browser to look at the calendar which is not workable when I do not have wifi access or have no more data left in my plan. It is also troublesome/ require many steps, open browser, type google calendar address etc. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    08-19-16 12:59 AM
    I was thinking of the Google Calendar app, which you could download (free) form the Google Play Store if it is not the app that is already in the device. That app has widgets that you can leave on the desktop, and control, read, etc... the calendar from there, it is extremely easy to use. I have it (on another android device, I do not own a dtek50 yet) as my only calendar app. It associates to the same account you use to visit the play store (and to others, if you wish, you can have lots of calendars associated).

Of course, the google calendar is also a web thing, which means it can also be controlled, read, updated, etc from your computer, if you want. If you do that, you just synchronize it with your mobile when you have wifi signal. But you do not really need to do that, I rarely do it myself. There is actually no need at all to ever open the calendar from a web browser.

You can check if this is the calendar on the device or not by going to the play store and searching for the google calendar. It will tell you there if it is already installed or not. If it is not, and you want to switch to it, you might disable the other one after installing the google one.

I hope this helps, good luck.
    spivet likes this.
    08-19-16 06:28 AM