I would like to make notifications for certain Apps, Facebook for instance, to be less invasive?

Here's what I see in the settings for Apps notifications...
    How do you modify notifications in BlackBerry DTEK50?-index.jpg

If I block all then I wouldn't see in the main screen if Facebook has new notifications. On the contrary it would make the normal notification sound. With my other phones I could chose to get visual notifications but without sound.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    08-30-16 05:19 AM
    If you figure it out please share. I want different notification vibrations for email/bbm/sms. On Z30 I had one short vibration for email. Two short for sms. Two long for BBM. Worked great. Not I get one generic notification for everything... it bites

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    nsiotto likes this.
    08-31-16 12:08 AM
    I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my notification the way I want them. I have file managed the folders to death but for some reason one of them refuses to show up as an option for BBM. Blackberry should release their notification system as an app. Hell, I would pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by desporterizer; 08-31-16 at 08:07 AM.
    08-31-16 07:44 AM
    Notification system on Android is a mess.

For SMS, open the "Messenger" app, touch the 3dot menu in top right, touch "settings" and then choose the sound from in there.

Similar applies to other apps such as phone app, BBM, etc. In the Hub, you can pick sound for individual accounts which are connected in Hub (email, facebook, twitter, etc). Open Hub, on top left, touch the three-line setting, scroll down to "settings" then select an account to deal with.

Agreed, would be nice to have access to all the notification settings of all apps in one place like on BlackBerry OS.

Android seems infantile in many ways.

� via CB app �
    duckduke and nsiotto like this.
    08-31-16 08:54 AM

Android seems infantile in many ways.

� via CB app �
    Definitely makes a person appreciate the BB10 OS a little more.

nsiotto likes this.
    08-31-16 04:58 PM
    Maybe this two links bring a light to the end of the tunnel:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6073642?hl=en

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6111294

It should work on the same way with the DTEK50.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-01-16 03:20 AM
    Maybe this two links bring a light to the end of the tunnel:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6073642?hl=en

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6111294

It should work on the same way with the DTEK50.
    That's great info can't wait to try it out when I get my DTEK50.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    rpwings likes this.
    09-01-16 02:41 PM
    In a related thread...... conite suggested a sound/notification profile app = 'Sound Profile' (Corcanoe)

There is a lite (free) version and an add free Pro (paid) option.

I opted for the paid option at about $3.

It allows a 1 stop profile set up with ample profiles available (Normal, Quiet, Silent, Night, Calls Only, Airplane........ etc.). I just received DTEK50 yesterday and just started messing with 'Sound Profile' so I can't vouch for it 100% myself. But, I trust conite's recommendation and read reviews....... it's looks pretty good and appears to be as close as you can get to BB10 like settings.

Good luck!!!!!! I agree that the Android system is a mess in this regard. Settings are all over the place.......even an Airplane mode setting in the Calendar of all places......... go figure.
    nsiotto likes this.
    09-02-16 11:42 AM
    In a related thread...... conite suggested a sound/notification profile app = 'Sound Profile' (Corcanoe)

There is a lite (free) version and an add free Pro (paid) option.

I opted for the paid option at about $3.

It allows a 1 stop profile set up with ample profiles available (Normal, Quiet, Silent, Night, Calls Only, Airplane........ etc.). I just received DTEK50 yesterday and just started messing with 'Sound Profile' so I can't vouch for it 100% myself. But, I trust conite's recommendation and read reviews....... it's looks pretty good and appears to be as close as you can get to BB10 like settings.

Good luck!!!!!! I agree that the Android system is a mess in this regard. Settings are all over the place.......even an Airplane mode setting in the Calendar of all places......... go figure.
    Does it allow for multiple vibrations too ? My phone is often on vibrate only, so multiple vibrations is huge for me.

09-02-16 02:13 PM
    Does it allow for multiple vibrations too ? My phone is often on vibrate only, so multiple vibrations is huge for me.

I looked and I don't think that it does..........sorry.
    09-02-16 04:24 PM
    Thanks for checking.

09-02-16 08:55 PM
    Thanks for checking.

I just found where u can set multiple vibrations (1-5) for at least email accounts in the hub settings. The messenger twitter, BBM, etc do not have the option.

Using hub settings.... You could set vibrations (2-5) for email accountsl and just have single vibration for other. This should get close to what you are looking for.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-02-16 10:00 PM
    I just found where u can set multiple vibrations (1-5) for at least email accounts in the hub settings. The messenger twitter, BBM, etc do not have the option.

Using hub settings.... You could set vibrations (2-5) for email accountsl and just have single vibration for other. This should get close to what you are looking for.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Awesome !!! I just looked sms and bbm. Didn't bother checking email settings !!!

Will just take some adjusting.

Again. Thank you

09-03-16 02:07 AM
    Your welcome ............ found by accident............ I just needed to turn off the slot machine. Way to many vibrations, ringers and blinkies for me. I had to turn some off.

Anyway, I'm glad it helped!!
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-03-16 04:19 AM