The DTEK50 purchased by my family came installed with the swipe-to-type feature enabled for the BlackBerry Keyboard (and the annoying word predictions at the top of the keyboard) instead of the usual flick-to-type. We have tried to switch to the keyboard the style we were used on BB10 but we cannot seem to get it to work. So we are stuck with the crummy Android version.

Also how do you add up to 3 languages to the keyboard? It was fairly simple on BB10 and the languages used to switch automatically between the languages you had chosen for the phone by simply typing a word or words of the particular language you wanted to type in.

Not so in the current version of the keyboard we have installed on the DTEK50, where you have to choose the language you want to type in by pressing on the little globe icon to switch the languages...and actually pressing on the languages which appear there...

Respect My Autoritah!
    04-08-17 08:16 AM
    Make sure it is updated to the latest version. All those options are in your input settings!
    adonesc likes this.
    04-08-17 10:37 AM
    Make sure it is updated to the latest version. All those options are in your input settings!
    Aha...thanks for clearing this up! I had a nagging suspicion that that might have been the issue. Unfortunately my mother got her DTEK50 through a carrier and it is because of that the OS updates are slow in coming...thus the fact that those options aren't available yet...

I haven't purchased a device from a carrier in years...and this is one of the reasons why....

Respect My Autoritah!
    04-08-17 10:51 AM
    Aha...thanks for clearing this up! I had a nagging suspicion that that might have been the issue. Unfortunately my mother got her DTEK50 through a carrier and it is because of that the OS updates are slow in coming...thus the fact that those options aren't available yet...

I haven't purchased a device from a carrier in years...and this is one of the reasons why....

Respect My Autoritah!
    I think he's referring to the BlackBerry keyboard app updates. Make sure you are up to date on all your apps in the Google Play store. Also check in system settings, language and input, BlackBerry keyboard settings.
    04-08-17 12:01 PM
    I think he's referring to the BlackBerry keyboard app updates. Make sure you are up to date on all your apps in the Google Play store. Also check in system settings, language and input, BlackBerry keyboard settings.
    Yes. Exactly. Thank you.

Respect My Autoritah!
    04-08-17 12:45 PM