* it was properly instead of property. Sorry.

Appreciate someone in the community give me some lights about updating core apps.

Just received 2 DTEK50 bought from shopblackberry.
    I am only using WiFi, I received AAI795. (update for January the 5th) ( I really hope we all get February update just in time if not I am jumping to iPhone)

I go to Google Play and I don't see update alerts and I don't see BlackBerry Core apps in "all apps section "

If I search for "Blackberry" I see tons of apps asking for updates.

To give it a chance I updated BlackBerry Hub + services and restarted the phone, I am still not being prompted to update the rest of core apps.

What is the proper method to receive this updates' alerts?

Is the "end user" supposed to manually search for updates for core apps in the play store?

I found no info about this.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:00 AM
    The pre - installed apps aren't registered to your google account immediately so it takes some time to show up in installed apps. If you update them manually then they're registered and you're good to go.

As for February update it hasn't been released by Google yet, what are you worried about?
    02-03-17 11:05 AM
    Go through each app published by BlackBerry and check for updates. After you do it the first time it links them to your Google account and updates proceed as normal.
    02-03-17 11:06 AM
    The pre - installed apps aren't registered to your google account immediately so it takes some time to show up in installed apps. If you update them manually then they're registered and you're good to go.

As for February update it hasn't been released by Google yet, what are you worried about?
    Thank you, very much. I will update some apps and wait more days to see what happens.
    I got so disappointed after reading those posts about not receiving security patches since October until mid December

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:16 AM
    Go through each app published by BlackBerry and check for updates. After you do it the first time it links them to your Google account and updates proceed as normal.
    Ohh what a honor to receive your help. Than you.

The text you wrote should be added to the BlackBerry Preview app.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:19 AM
    (Thread title tweaked.)
    02-03-17 11:19 AM
    The easiest way is to search the playstore for

blackberry limited

That should bring up all the blackberry apps. Just update them one at a time then after that updates will show up for each app.
    02-03-17 12:31 PM
    The stories of not receiving the security updates are people with carrier bought devices. Where the carrier controls the updates. You bought yours directly from BlackBerry so you're fine.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-03-17 05:45 PM
    The stories of not receiving the security updates are people with carrier bought devices. Where the carrier controls the updates. You bought yours directly from BlackBerry so you're fine.
    Ummm no. That's not exactly true.
    02-03-17 06:45 PM
    Ummm no. That's not exactly true.
    Explain
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-04-17 06:54 AM
    Just received 2 DTEK50 bought from shopblackberry.
    I am only using WiFi, I received AAI795. (update for January the 5th) ( I really hope we all get February update just in time if not I am jumping to iPhone)
    If that's all it takes for you to jump on iPhone, then you bought this phone for the wrong reason.
    Ethynil likes this.
    02-04-17 07:16 AM
    Explain
    Mine came directly from Shop BB purchase. Still on December which I got mid January. Prior to that I was on October for almost 3 months. Many others with Dtek50 in the same situation. Check the threads.
    02-06-17 11:27 PM
    That's weird, couple of 50's and 60's in my family and circle from shopbb and they all get it right away. My Priv is beta so it doesn't count.
    02-08-17 03:11 PM
    Nice. Both dtek50 received the security update for March on Thursday the 10th.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 08:13 PM