We thought we had this figured out i.e. transferring pictures, calendar appts., contacts etc. using the Content Transfer app on each device. But we keep getting the message "not enough storage" mid point in the transfers. Some how the contacts transferred over, but my calendar appointments won't transfer, and my music won't transfer and my photos won't transfer. We do have the appropriate SD card inserted into the DTEK and it is formatted internal. Help please. What the heck are we doing wrong? Also if I ever get my music transferred will it be in the Play Music App on the DTEK?
    08-11-16 01:55 PM
    Are you using Google Drive? How much storage do you have free?

You said you have the SD Card inserted and formatted internal... so you did enable adoptable storage and you now have a fairly large amount of storage.

BlackBerry Content Transfer - United States
    08-11-16 02:15 PM
    Are you using Google Drive? How much storage do you have free?

You said you have the SD Card inserted and formatted internal... so you did enable adoptable storage and you now have a fairly large amount of storage.

BlackBerry Content Transfer - United States
    Internal storage 8.50 GB used of 16 GB
    SD card 632 MB used of 58.79 GB
    08-11-16 02:20 PM
    I have tried with Google Drive and without. Each time it says not enough space on Google Drive. I'm confused. I think I have tried all the tips in the information on transferring.
    08-11-16 03:01 PM
    I think your SD card must be formatted in a specific way.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-11-16 03:45 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12541064
    I have tried with Google Drive and without. Each time it says not enough space on Google Drive. I'm confused. I think I have tried all the tips in the information on transferring.
    If I am not mistaken, Google Drive provides 15 GB free storage. Is it possible there is other content on your Google Drive that is reducing the amount of available space?

Also please see this Forum post regarding expandable memory and formatting of the SD Card. SD Cards in Android phones require FAT32 formatting, I believe, and a PC is unable to do it for SD cards over a certain size. Instructions are contained in the DTEK50 manual Page 49 as described in the link to the Forum post I provided.

Steve
    kitmo likes this.
    08-11-16 03:56 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12541064

If I am not mistaken, Google Drive provides 15 GB free storage. Is it possible there is other content on your Google Drive that is reducing the amount of available space?

Also please see this Forum post regarding expandable memory and formatting of the SD Card. SD Cards in Android phones require FAT32 formatting, I believe, and a PC is unable to do it for SD cards over a certain size. Instructions are contained in the DTEK50 manual Page 49 as described in the link to the Forum post I provided.

Steve
    Thanks everyone especially Steve. Page 49 was very helpful. Hubby followed the directions, and when he downloaded
    Microsoft exFAT it seemed to get things on track. He is still busy with the ongoing download. I'll let you know if we have success.
    Ethynil likes this.
    08-11-16 07:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12544348
    Hubby followed the directions, and when he downloaded
    Microsoft exFAT it seemed to get things on track. He is still busy with the ongoing download. I'll let you know if we have success.
    Glad to hear it's working for you. I'll be doing the same as soon as my DTEK50 arrives, so I'll look forward to hearing about your experience.

If I understood the directions correctly, when the SD card is inserted, a message pops up to advise downloading the driver, right?

You may also find this related Forum Post informative:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12544348

Thanks!

Steve
    08-11-16 07:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12544348

Glad to hear it's working for you. I'll be doing the same as soon as my DTEK50 arrives, so I'll look forward to hearing about your experience.

If I understood the directions correctly, when the SD card is inserted, a message pops up to advise downloading the driver, right?

You may also find this related Forum Post informative:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12544348

Thanks!

Steve
    It is interesting that all my things from Remember app on BB Classic were transferred to Notes on the DTEK. I had spent considerable time hand writing everything out from Remember so I could put it on the DTEK, and after the transfer/download with Microsoft ex Fat everything is in Notes. Magic?
    Ethynil likes this.
    08-13-16 10:18 AM
    We thought we had this figured out i.e. transferring pictures, calendar appts., contacts etc. using the Content Transfer app on each device. But we keep getting the message "not enough storage" mid point in the transfers. Some how the contacts transferred over, but my calendar appointments won't transfer, and my music won't transfer and my photos won't transfer. We do have the appropriate SD card inserted into the DTEK and it is formatted internal. Help please. What the heck are we doing wrong? Also if I ever get my music transferred will it be in the Play Music App on the DTEK?
    I had the same issue. So I tried transferring one thing (music then photos then calendar....ect) at a time. That worked, but it was a bit of a pain. For pics and music I had to make sure they were on my Z10 device storage, and not on the SD card before the transfer over to the DTEK50 device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kitmo likes this.
    08-13-16 11:53 AM
    Okay, I got it all moved.

TRY to uninstall Content Transfer from the DTEK50. I can Disable it; no option to uninstall. So I got an uninstaller app (when all else fails). It sees all of my apps but not Content Transfer.

So, I think it installs as a system app (why did BKB do that?) then it just sits there sucking up storage. I mean it's a one-shot deal. It needs to go away.
    08-13-16 01:48 PM
    So I got an uninstaller app (when all else fails).
    What app is that, please?
    08-14-16 10:59 AM