I'm using some older headphones of mine (apple ones from a phone ages ago), and the volume controls on the headphones remote are non functional on this device (they still work elsewhere).

Any suggestions?
    09-19-16 10:15 AM
    Buy another headset, not everything is universally compatible

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 10:17 AM
    My next headset will require expensive modification by an audiologist, I wouldn't want to get it, do the work, and then find my altered Meze's don't work (the alteration is because 0 silicone pads fit my ear properly, and it's a customization I can only get through an audiologist as far as I know).

There's gotta be a workaround somewhere, it's one of those things I can see someone being about as stubborn as I am putting the effort in to getting one done.
    09-19-16 10:59 AM
    It's probably a non standard signal on Apple headsets, my own will only pause and play, the volume controls don't pick up on a Nexus 6p so it's not a BB issue.

From the looks of it an older Android device could have been bodged a bit but newer ones have an actual headset standard:

https://source.android.com/devices/a...ification.html

If the current style is a problem you may want to try In Ear ones, I hate them but might be better for you.
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 09-19-16 at 11:41 AM.
    09-19-16 11:31 AM
    Interesting. The headphones I'm looking at should be compatible then. I like the in ear, but I need a custom earpiece, as every defaults one in all sizes fall out of my ear
    09-19-16 01:14 PM
    I'm using some older headphones of mine (apple ones from a phone ages ago), and the volume controls on the headphones remote are non functional on this device (they still work elsewhere).

Any suggestions?
    I'm afraid that's comon. You have to use headsets specifically manufactured with drivers for android phones. Like nocs , ajays or Sennheiser in ear headsets.
    Headsets with volume controls like beats urbeats WILL not work.However the center button works in most ios made versions and sometimes universally.

I have the QJays with android cable,works amazing. Sound quality is 😰 also amazing.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    09-19-16 05:00 PM