Sometimes just switching to US English is not enough. The magic happens when you learn to speak it.
    Eh? Still waiting.
    03-29-17 08:34 PM
    Conite my google assistant is on my phone. Thanks so much. Very fun to play with so far. I can ask it to list my appointments, text my husband etc. I am impressed. Just a question though, what is the rationale for me having to enter English US versus English Canada? Second question, how did you find that out?
    03-29-17 08:52 PM
    Conite my google assistant is on my phone. Thanks so much. Very fun to play with so far. I can ask it to list my appointments, text my husband etc. I am impressed. Just a question though, what is the rationale for me having to enter English US versus English Canada? Second question, how did you find that out?
    Google is rolling it out in stages. It is going out primarily to US customers right now. This kind of tricks Google.

I don't really remember how I figured it out. I was either playing with the phone, or heard it from someone else.
    kitmo likes this.
    03-29-17 09:08 PM
    Changed the language to English US ,now its stable ,been working fine for two days. Before it used to get deactivated and get changed to google now .
    03-29-17 09:51 PM
    So, in other words, not everybody has it yet? I did something that allowed me to have it for a day and then it reverted back to Google Now.
    03-30-17 08:31 AM
    So, in other words, not everybody has it yet? I did something that allowed me to have it for a day and then it reverted back to Google Now.
    I don't have it up here in Canada, either automatically from Google or by using the English US trick. Maybe Google has been tracking me all these years and has decided that it doesn't like me lol
    04-02-17 11:58 PM
    I enabled Google Assistant on my DTEK 50 earlier today. I found several varying suggestions online as to how to do this. This is how I did it.

1. Update any Google apps that may need it—especially Google App.
    2. Then go to Settings > Apps > Google App > Storage > Manage Space and click both 'Clear Google Search Data' and 'Clear All Data' under that. Quit Settings and clear any other apps that may be running.
    3. Go to Settings > Language & input and change Language to English (United States) and Keyboard & input methods to English (US) as well.
    4. Repeat all of step (2) above.
    5. Now hold the Home button for a few seconds and the Google Assistant screen should appear. You can now start using Google Assistant. Intro screens guide you right through.

DTEK50 on Bell Canada
    kitmo likes this.
    04-04-17 06:14 PM
    Missed all the even steps from your guide, ie 2,4,6,8 :-)
    04-05-17 02:24 AM
    Missed all the even steps from your guide, ie 2,4,6,8 :-)
    Forget about that. Just went on to a pc and i can see all the steps. Thanks
    04-05-17 03:48 AM
    Unable to is BlackBerry assistant...please help
    It doesn't hear heat I speak

Posted from BlackBerry Passport
    12-08-17 12:46 PM
    Unable to is BlackBerry assistant...please help
    It doesn't hear heat I speak

Posted from BlackBerry Passport
    This is a DTEK50 thread.
    12-08-17 02:02 PM
36 12