07-27-16 08:24 AM
    07-27-16 08:27 AM
    The weird thing is that I actually like the DTEK50 and I see room for it out in the world. If BlackBerry's promises of superior security and fast and regular updates prove legitimate over the coming weeks and months, this might turn out to indeed be a respectable business phone.

Seemed to be a very positive review of the devcies... but don't think he is a fan of the marketing or PR teams.
    07-27-16 08:29 AM
    Wow, a really positive article from The Verge there, thanks for sharing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 08:32 AM
    Not bad from the verge I thought they would knock it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 09:13 AM
    This is very nice looking phone imo. I like it.
    07-27-16 10:17 AM
    Hold up, a positive article from the verge? About a BlackBerry?!?

The world must be coming to an end!

Sent from my Priv
    07-27-16 10:32 AM
    People always want to blame the media bias, but on average if you make a product that makes sense you get good reviews.
    Shlooky and Johnny Dollar like this.
    07-27-16 10:34 AM
    One review appears online today. Maybe the review embargo is today.

Blackberry DTEK 50 review | Stuff

Anyways it confirms my fear: battery life will be bad with a 28nm CPU.
    08-03-16 07:16 AM

Yup, as I thought it would, the battery life sucks.
    08-03-16 11:53 AM

Shame about the battery, worried this would be an issue after the engadget preview. Hopefully Nougat will help improve it.
    08-03-16 12:16 PM
    Nougat won't improve it by noticeable margin. The CPU process is too old to keep up with current ones.
    08-03-16 01:19 PM
    I used a Moto G4 Plus with a 3000 Mah battery for a couple weeks with heavy usage and the 617 chip. The screen is larger on the Moto and the battery life was excellent. (day and half to two days) If the software is optomized well this device could get very good battery life on Marshmallow. The 617 also was super smooth and plenty fast enough for my daily usage. Until more significant reviews (most are just hands on) come out it's all just speculation. (Even on my behalf)

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    08-03-16 03:06 PM
    Tom's guide:

BlackBerry DTek50 Review: Security and Productivity for a Good Price

THE GOOD
    Excellent security features
    Great keyboard
    Bright display

THE BAD
    No CDMA support
    Below-average battery life
    VERDICT
    The BlackBerry DTek50 has robust security and great productivity tools, but its camera and battery life could be better.
    08-04-16 05:17 PM
    Read this one. He said the battery took a hammering and was fine. BlackBerry DTEK 50: How badly do you want a secure Android? ? The Register
    08-04-16 05:23 PM
    This one from PC Advisor UK is rather positive... until the verdict. So far online reviews are overall poorly detailed.

BlackBerry DTEK50 review - Review - PC Advisor

Battery life

The DTEK50 is pleasingly strong in terms of battery life. It has a 2610mAh non-removable battery that teams up well with the bundled fast charger. After taking the device off charge at 8am, it lasted a whole working day with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on, receiving push notifications from several apps. Come 11pm it was on about 15%, which represents good stamina.

VERDICT

The BlackBerry DTEK50 is a good phone. Above average, even. But we can�t fully recommend it because of the way BlackBerry is marketing it. The perhaps incorrect status quo is that people don�t want to worry about security; they just want a phone that works. Security flaws on huge scales are largely down to external database hacks, not device vulnerabilities. The DTEK50 is a good phone at a good price, but it isn�t different enough to drag BlackBerry back into smartphone relevance.
    08-05-16 09:42 AM
    I don't know this website, Phonescoop:

Review: BlackBerry DTEK50 (Phone Scoop)

The DTEK50 from BlackBerry delivers a very good experience for the money. At $299, it's less than half the cost of the BlackBerry Priv and comes in a more aesthetically appealing package. The DTEK50 is slim, light, and easy on the eyes. Originally designed by Alcatel as the Idol 4, BlackBerry made the device its own thanks in part to the polycarbonate rear shell and BlackBerry software.

You'll find the DTEK50 nails most of the basics. It features a good screen, solid wireless performance, and excellent battery life. Some may dislike the sealed battery, but support for memory cards is a bonus. Phone calls are a weak point. The speakerphone — an important business tool for some — is particularly bad. The Android user interface is easy to manage, and BlackBerry's additions make the DTEK50 feel more like an enterprise-grade device.

The camera app is a step up from the Priv's and delivers more consistent results. The stereo speakers are nice to have, but some may complain about the lack of fingerprint reader.

BlackBerry is selling this phone unlocked for just three Benjamins. The DTEK50 is an excellent value for all the phone offers. It may not be the BlackBerry of yore, but it could be the BlackBerry for your corps.
    08-05-16 09:45 AM
    A good review in French, with a battery life part rather solid:

Test Blackberry DTek50 : Android en �quilibre, ou presque
    08-05-16 10:31 AM