I'm thinking of picking up the DTEK 50 and have a few questions for owners:

1. How do you find performance in terms of smoothness?

2. If you use a 3rd party launcher do you still have access to the floating productivity tab on the side?

3. Does this phone have duo stereo front facing speakers?

Thanks!
    08-28-16 12:03 PM
    1. Mine is working really smooth, i own it about 10 days and it hat just once a lag of about 10 sec because an app crashed.
    2. dont know, the bb launcher is pretty good
    3. it has a speaker on top and bot of the phone

I have also a question.
    Can i change the volume buttons just to change the media volume and not the notifications? I need the notification volume just on lout or off and i can change this with the comfort button.
    08-29-16 03:24 AM
    I'm thinking of picking up the DTEK 50 and have a few questions for owners:

1. How do you find performance in terms of smoothness?

2. If you use a 3rd party launcher do you still have access to the floating productivity tab on the side?

3. Does this phone have duo stereo front facing speakers?

Thanks!
    1) it's quite smooth. Haven't experienced any hiccups aside from the phone overheating once (hasn't re-occurred).

2) yes, floating productivity bar still accessible and useable. Running Nova Prime as my main launcher and no problems

Hope that helps

� via CB app �
    08-29-16 10:25 AM
    I have a question as well. Did anyone switch for the Priv to the DTEK50? If so how do they compare?
    08-29-16 10:33 AM
    I have a question as well. Did anyone switch for the Priv to the DTEK50? If so how do they compare?
    I have both, Priv for personal dtek for work. They both have advantages but overall you will get more out on the Priv. More storage, better screen, bigger battery, better camera. But the dtek is quite smooth, it's light, more compact, has a decent camera, much better front camera, and better sound out of its 4 way stereo speakers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lang007 and auditman like this.
    08-29-16 10:55 AM
    I have both, Priv for personal dtek for work. They both have advantages but overall you will get more out on the Priv. More storage, better screen, bigger battery, better camera. But the dtek is quite smooth, it's light, more compact, has a decent camera, much better front camera, and better sound out of its 4 way stereo speakers.

Thank you very much for that. This is just what I was looking for. I will stay with my Priv. Thanx again
    08-29-16 11:16 AM

I actually dumped my PRIV for a DTEK50. I didn't ever use the PBK.
    The front camera on DTEK50 is actually much better than PRIV as you said. The back camera is very close to Priv in my opinion.
    It is thinner, lighter and I actually think the screen is better ! Sound is great.
    As for internal storage that does lack but is not an issue if you use a SD card and make it adoptable.

Posted via my DTEK50
    lang007 and auditman like this.
    08-29-16 11:42 AM