Today Blackberry launches Hub + for all Android devices!!! http://blackberries.ru/2016/08/03/bl...ampaign=buffer
    Fantastic!!!!! So, Krishna Ram, go for Note 7!!!
    08-03-16 01:24 PM
    Decision just got a bit harder to be honest. I've got the Hub on my Note 4 playing with it. But I still like the BB launcher and frankly, the overall look and feel of PRIV. Tough bloody choice here. Note 7 also looks beautiful, just wondering which one I will enjoy more. I read your thread, it scared me , seeing all the issues the PRIV had. It's an expensive purchase, i can't return, don't want to have buyers remorse later. Maybe I buy the NOTE 7, play with it, if I don't like it sell it off later and then pick up PRIV/DTEK/ROME for cheap, instead of spending USD 819 on a new PRIV right now. Cuz that PRIV I won't be able to resell. I'd be stuck with it!
    08-03-16 02:27 PM
    I think You should try new Hub + on Your Note 4. Try it... if it is Okay, then go for new Note 7! It's amazing device!
    08-03-16 02:31 PM
    I am happy today... I have bought new Cobalt Blue Classic... it's the sexiest device I have ever had!!!
    08-03-16 02:32 PM
    I'm following in your footsteps but probably with black not blue Note 7. My reasoning is that the PRIV in India is priced USD 80 less than the new Note 7. PRIV will have no resale and an inevitable price drop coming soon. So I"ll buy the Note and try it out. If I don't like it I will sell it =, maybe even lose USD 150 or so but will still get enough from the sale to buy a discount PRIV or DTEK or ROME, but buying the PRIV at full price USD 850 is absolutely a dumb move to make.

edited. Oh you got the classic. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought Blue Note 7. Yeah no BB10 for me. WhatsApp is huge and I need it.
    08-03-16 03:02 PM
    I'm following in your footsteps but probably with black not blue Note 7. My reasoning is that the PRIV in India is priced USD 80 less than the new Note 7. PRIV will have no resale and an inevitable price drop coming soon. So I"ll buy the Note and try it out. If I don't like it I will sell it =, maybe even lose USD 150 or so but will still get enough from the sale to buy a discount PRIV or DTEK or ROME, but buying the PRIV at full price USD 850 is absolutely a dumb move to make.

edited. Oh you got the classic. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought Blue Note 7. Yeah no BB10 for me. WhatsApp is huge and I need it.
    Dear Krishna Ram, no, I have bought today Cobalt Blue Blackberry Classic... it's the rarest phone and I am happy. I wanted good physical keyboard and very productive BB10 system.
    But You should go for black Note 7 - it's the best color. And Blackberry, I think, will spend their money in services for Samsung and Apple, like Hub + - they did it today... Their own devices like Priv and Dtek50 are not very competitive...
    08-03-16 03:18 PM
    Their own devices like Priv and Dtek50 are not very competitive...
    Only if you don't put any value on its security features, productivity tab, keyboard, or additional swipe gestures.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-03-16 03:46 PM
    Charlie - you were right (size wise ... read on a bit)

Viktor - if you can, go take a look at a PRIV in person and just hold it in your hands. Forget the reviews, youtube videos and what others say - this phone is absolutely gorgeous and a marvel of engineering. It is absolutely NOT big or bulky at all. It supposedly weighs as much as my NOTE - it just felt lighter and smaller in the hand and so easy to hold. Best part, hiding it up to the ear to use as a PHONE doesn't seem as ridiculous as holding my NOTE to my head. It actually works.

I played with it for about half an hour. The PKB is not as good as the BOLD or the Q10 but guess what? It actually isn't bad. I'd get used to it in a bit. And the keyboard is brilliant to use s a scrolling device. You don't realize how much screen space you lose with a VKB until you try it this way. The VKB is just as good as the Z30. Fantastic haptic feedback, superb word prediction and just a joy to use. I actually smiled.

Instant sale for me. EFF the DTEK - the PriV just brought out lust and desire in me man. I WANT this handset. Plus, there's something to be said about an 'original' blackberry instead of a rebadged generic. Dunno, I'm not pretentious but style, engineering and sheer joy to see hold and use a device (or car or laptop) does factor into my decision. I don't think I'd be as happy with a DTEK as I was with this PRIV.

That's my decision. Just saw the announcement about BB Services. It made me pause for a bit, maybe get the NOTE 7 and throw it on there? But really, the NOTE is simply too big to use as a phone and I'm not going to make use of the other features. It appears multi window support is coming with Android N, if it does great. If not - I'll use my laptop for true multitasking.

I just got done playing with it. First time experience. SO if you have questions about my first reactions, ask away. Basically, its a gorgeous gorgeous handset. So damn slim I couldn't believe it!
    Agree. My Passport just seems to have a huge PKB now. I can type pretty fast on the Priv. Especially now that I'm picking and flicking (never did that on the Passport because it usually caused me to lose my grip) Everything is reachable.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    08-03-16 10:00 PM
    Victor, there was NO word at all about Samsung Focus. I googled it and all the way upto May there were rumors of this hub like application. Now , not a peep. Wonder why. Any insights?
    08-04-16 07:39 PM
    It's just that not enough people really care for workflows or a communications aggregation and filtering platform. Games and facewhats and instahoohoos are the focus of mobile device usage, and opening one application and manually filtering per associated task or account is the accepted standard.

One year from now, we will have a much clearer picture of how much people actually value hub-like services (especially the paying for it part), now that BB's Android hub is out. The # of downloads figure will tell a lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 09:21 PM
    Victor, there was NO word at all about Samsung Focus. I googled it and all the way upto May there were rumors of this hub like application. Now , not a peep. Wonder why. Any insights?
    Dear buddy!
    There were a lot of words about focus in press. F.e.:
    http://www.sammobile.com/2016/05/10/...galaxy-note-6/
    You know, I think now Samsung won't do Focus, because BlackBerry have already made hub + for all Android devices. It costs not very high, but open for everyone in Play Store. Have You downloaded it? Don't You like it?
    So, Krishna Ram, what have You decided? What device to buy?
    I am happy user of Classic Cobal Blue now. I am concentrating only on my work all the day now... on iPhone I can't concentrate...and I don't know why... VKB always annoys my eyes, when I type a lot on iPhone=) and here the PKB is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 01:50 AM
    PRIV is way better phone cause of the SoC in it.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-05-16 05:34 AM
    Both androids with BlackBerry stickers on them

Posted via PRIV
    08-05-16 07:27 PM
    Both androids with BlackBerry stickers on them

Posted via PRIV
    Absolutely not.
    08-05-16 09:15 PM
64 123