Not sure if this is going to help.. But usually they are very responsive ...

DTEK50 on T-Mobile Phone calls do not go through-187864.jpg

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-16 10:00 PM
    Update. Michael has been amazingly responsive and I am now working with a reactive technical support. They pushed to the device a beta.

I am downloading while I type here. I will report later.

Last edited by DavideaNY; 08-30-16 at 12:53 PM.
    08-30-16 12:28 PM
    Keep us posted, if we get VoLTE on T-mobile then its a BUY... Just hope B&H still has the bundle available...
    08-30-16 12:53 PM
    Keep me posted as to whether the update helps.

08-30-16 08:19 PM
    For the moment, just turn off voice over LTE and set cellular data to 2g and calls go through fine. But C'mon blackberry. Pony up the money to have t-mobile certify this phone already.

09-02-16 11:50 AM
    So.. @blackberryhelp unfortunately was not helpful and they diverted me to regular customer support.

Apparently they are aware of the issue on T-Mobile and they are trying to solve the problem. No clues regarding a time line.

The result is that I am stuck on edge if I want to have a functional phone.
    I have always been on the BlackBerry side but this is just absurd and not acceptable.
    How can they even hope to sell phone if they do not work on one of the US networks?

Frankly I am speechless and too sad to Comment further.
    I need to return the phone and I will probably get some other brand for the first time in 7 years

Just continued evidence of chen's unbelievable incompetence when it comes to carrier relations!

Calling him an 1d10t would be a disservice to 1d10ts...

09-02-16 12:43 PM
    I am trying to understand if this is a problem related to T-Mobile or it is a defect of this particular device.
    I tried different T-Mobile sims and I cannot make nor receive phone calls with the DTEK50. I have full LTE coverage.

Anyone is using DTEK50 on T-Mobile?

I called BlackBerry and apparently there is no replacement policy: I can either return the phone or repair the phone so I need to be sure that the DTEK50 works properly with T-Mobile

Thanks for your help.
    I had issues with not being able to make or receive calls. Called BlackBerry support and they said they are aware of the issue with T-Mobile. Told me that they have been working with T-Mobile. The issue is that if I have Preferred Network type set at 4G/3G/2G (Auto), T-Mobile's system is not able to switch it back and forth for this phone model (Dtek50) only. So for now, I have to leave the setting at 2G to make certain that I am able to receive and make calls.

This is very annoying and inconvenient as I have to switch it back to 4G when I want to use data.

The tech did not say how long it will take BlackBerry and T-Mobile to resolve this. I hope it will be soon. Very disappointed by this.
    09-04-16 07:17 AM
    Its going to take some serious negotiations and cash to get this going....

BB needs to come up with a plan similar to Nexus were they can control the updates while TMO whitelist the phone...
    That going to require some serious negotiations and cash to get things moving

I never got to the executive level with either company but TMO Blackberry support said there are discussions going on but they have no idea if it even involves the DTEK50 (or they were sworn to silence). As I understand it, even the PRIV needs to be TMO version to get the proper software under TMO control..

It appears the US carriers are using the VoLTE/E911 loophole to control devices on their network.
    09-04-16 12:25 PM
    I had issues with not being able to make or receive calls. Called BlackBerry support and they said they are aware of the issue with T-Mobile. Told me that they have been working with T-Mobile. The issue is that if I have Preferred Network type set at 4G/3G/2G (Auto), T-Mobile's system is not able to switch it back and forth for this phone model (Dtek50) only. So for now, I have to leave the setting at 2G to make certain that I am able to receive and make calls.

This is very annoying and inconvenient as I have to switch it back to 4G when I want to use data.

The tech did not say how long it will take BlackBerry and T-Mobile to resolve this. I hope it will be soon. Very disappointed by this.
    Ok, I am definitely not having this issue. It could be because I am in the Los Angeles area, but more likely because I am on the BETA build which is AAG326, There are two issue on this thread. voLTE and people having to reset their phones to 2G to make reliable calls. I am speaking only to the latter.
    09-04-16 08:45 PM
    Well, I don't use any of these networks

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 09:53 PM
    Update. Michael has been amazingly responsive and I am now working with a reactive technical support. They pushed to the device a beta.

I am downloading while I type here. I will report later.

Did the beta solve the issue? I'm having the same problem with AT&T's network in Mexico

09-05-16 07:38 AM
    I am glad to say that the Beta software solved the issue. Connection drops automatically to 4G when calling and phone calls go through without any issue.

For those who were looking at voLTE I do not think it is yet functional but that is totally fine for me..

The big issue was to have to keep the phone on 2G to make a receive phone calls. It not anymore the case.

I will go ahead and order a bunch of DTEK50 for my employees. It is a really balanced phone at the right price point.

ordigas likes this.
    09-05-16 07:48 AM
    Can someone kindly elaborate a bit more on the "no Wi-Fi calling" issue with DTEK50 and T-Mobile? I use that feature a lot with both BB10 devices and Priv. Now its is not working on the DTEK50? Or is the feature not even there on the phone? What a disaster...

Thanks a lot!

09-05-16 08:55 AM
    Can someone kindly elaborate a bit more on the "no Wi-Fi calling" issue with DTEK50 and T-Mobile? I use that feature a lot with both BB10 devices and Priv. Now its is not working on the DTEK50? Or is the feature not even there on the phone? What a disaster...

Thanks a lot!

Wi-Fi calling is not there at the moment. It is supposed to be a software feature versus the old UMA that was implemented on the legacy BlackBerry.

Problem is.. It needs to be activated by the network and T-Mobile does not even sell the DTEK50

09-05-16 09:19 AM
    They're supposed to be working on it:

BlackBerry DTEK50 T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling
    09-05-16 09:29 AM
    What beta patch is this and how do I get it?

09-05-16 09:55 AM
    What beta patch is this and how do I get it?

One way is to go here, that's how I got it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sters-1084612/
    09-05-16 11:10 AM
    Wi-Fi calling is not there at the moment. It is supposed to be a software feature versus the old UMA that was implemented on the legacy BlackBerry.

Problem is.. It needs to be activated by the network and T-Mobile does not even sell the DTEK50

Thank you! I will keep my BB10 and Priv in the meantime! :-)

09-05-16 12:40 PM
    Just got the September update and now I am calling and receiving calls on 4g vs. 3g previously :-)

09-06-16 06:10 PM
    Whats the OS Build from the new update?

DTEK50
    09-06-16 06:19 PM
    AAG326 - September 6
    09-07-16 08:28 AM
    Got the beta yesterday and it solved the problem! Now I can make and receive phone calls while connected to LTE on AT&T Mexico's (formerly Iusacell and Nextel) network. The connection drops to 4G for the calls.

The only problem I have found with this build, as reported in the Beta Zone, is that after turning "Do not disturb" off, notifications stay silent instead of returning to their original volume.

09-07-16 10:00 AM
47 12