Staples Canada's latest flyer has the DTEK50 for $429.43.
    08-19-16 12:34 AM
    Here's the link: BlackBerry DTEK50 5.2" Secure Android Unlocked Smartphone, Black (PRD-62980-002) | Staples®

Note that this is the same cost as buying from Shop BB Canada. The benefit is that you can actually touch the device before buying it.
    FF22 and awindsr like this.
    08-19-16 07:05 AM
    So we can assume it's in stores

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-19-16 07:38 AM
    So we can assume it's in stores

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    My local Staples shows 3 in stock. I'll probably drop by to take a look at it. Just for curiosity's sake.
    08-19-16 07:39 AM
    So trrrrue. The battery may die quick on the floor unit too. Smh

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 08:39 AM
    Are all DTEK50 phones factory unlocked, from all vendors?
    08-19-16 09:03 AM
    My local Staples shows 3 in stock. I'll probably drop by to take a look at it. Just for curiosity's sake.
    In the greater Vancouver area I'm seeing "2-3 available for pickup" at most locations, which I don't think is the same as in store stock.
    sookster54 likes this.
    08-19-16 10:39 AM
    In the greater Vancouver area I'm seeing "2-3 available for pickup" at most locations, which I don't think is the same as in store stock.
    I'll find out later today or tomorrow...
    08-19-16 10:49 AM
    Went to a Staples, and they did not have one on display I had to ask about it and they did not know, They checked the flyer and then typed the code into the computer and figured out that they had some. The guy brought it out and I asked to see it and he said not it is sealed I can't let you do that. He said we have a demo but that is plastic, I said no thanks and walked out
    08-19-16 11:23 AM
    Went to a Staples, and they did not have one on display I had to ask about it and they did not know, They checked the flyer and then typed the code into the computer and figured out that they had some. The guy brought it out and I asked to see it and he said not it is sealed I can't let you do that. He said we have a demo but that is plastic, I said no thanks and walked out
    Wow...cool story bro.
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    08-20-16 02:18 PM
    I had a similar experience today at my local store. The sales guy first brought out a dummy demo unit, then later brought out a real DTEK in a sealed box.
    08-20-16 02:30 PM
    I was in the impression that Staples would carry it. I remember that they have stock the Classic, Leap, Z10, Z30, and even the Priv. That's a great news for customer of mobile provider who are not interested in keeping the BlackBerry lineup anymore and want a DTEK50 unlocked right away.
    08-20-16 08:19 PM
    I was in the impression that Staples would carry it. I remember that they have stock the Classic, Leap, Z10, Z30, and even the Priv. That's a great news for customer of mobile provider who are not interested in keeping the BlackBerry lineup anymore and want a DTEK50 unlocked right away.
    Your impression is correct. Staples do carry it, that is you can buy the device from Staples.

What the people here are saying is that Staples did not have an actual device to show to the customer. They only have a dummy mock plastic model. If the customer wants to have a feel of the actual DTEK, they need to buy the device from Staples which Staples has.

(Staples should be able to sell more of the DTEK50 if they put out an actual device for display/demo)
    08-20-16 09:06 PM
    Note ...Staples has a 30 return policy

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 09:25 PM
    Ooooh I will have to look around.
    08-21-16 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    My question is do they have limitations on the 30 day return policy. What if someone used it for 2 weeks etc

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe it's only 14 days for cell phones. I had two dud Classics from staples a couple months ago. One wouldn't turn on and one had a clicky toolbelt and crappy loose keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 11:18 AM
    14 days only for cellphones, computers, tablets.
    08-21-16 11:35 AM
    14 days only for cellphones, computers, tablets.
    Fairly straight forward....here is the link to Staples Canada Return Policy:

https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/c...icy_popup.html

Never had to use it. I have purchased a Z30, Classic and an Acer from the local Staples that I can walk to (and the store manager is a BB guy). All in great condition and still running two years later. Staples is a great place to purchase unlocked BlackBerry's, and occasionally offer some nice discounts if you watch the flyers! The unlocked units receive direct BB updates similar to Shop BB, so no need to wait for carriers to push them out.
    08-21-16 11:59 AM
    Your impression is correct. Staples do carry it, that is you can buy the device from Staples.

What the people here are saying is that Staples did not have an actual device to show to the customer. They only have a dummy mock plastic model. If the customer wants to have a feel of the actual DTEK, they need to buy the device from Staples which Staples has.

(Staples should be able to sell more of the DTEK50 if they put out an actual device for display/demo)
    They are sticky about the sealed boxes, so best to try the device you like at a carrier or where ever....All of their phones are dummy displays, not just BB. However they are one of the only retailers that sell unlocked phones at reasonable prices. I am not sure what their intended sales market is, as most devices that they sell would be desirable for older folk that travel....i.e. low end android, dual sim, unlocked. (my 78 year old uncle bought a BLU for that purpose....voice, text, but no data plan!)
    08-21-16 12:15 PM
    [BlackBerry] Blackberry DTek EPP - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

$320 through RFD Blackberry EPP Pricing.
    auditman likes this.
    08-21-16 12:34 PM
    Hi, picks mine up yesterday. I also used my teacher's discount to get another 10% off. Great deal
    08-21-16 01:50 PM
    They are sticky about the sealed boxes, so best to try the device you like at a carrier or where ever....All of their phones are dummy displays, not just BB. However they are one of the only retailers that sell unlocked phones at reasonable prices. I am not sure what their intended sales market is, as most devices that they sell would be desirable for older folk that travel....i.e. low end android, dual sim, unlocked. (my 78 year old uncle bought a BLU for that purpose....voice, text, but no data plan!)
    So you are saying that Staples do not have that 30 minutes talk limit / 50 text messages / 50MB data limit to return the phone? If that is the case, that's not a good place to buy if unsure of keeping the phone for good. At least at the carrier, they let you return the phone as long it is within those limits.
    08-23-16 12:19 AM
    So you are saying that Staples do not have that 30 minutes talk limit / 50 text messages / 50MB data limit to return the phone? If that is the case, that's not a good place to buy if unsure of keeping the phone for good. At least at the carrier, they let you return the phone as long it is within those limits.
    There are no talk/text/data limits when buying an unlocked phone from Staples, only the 14 days noted above. That is a carrier limitation if you buy a phone through a carrier and usage information is tracked through your mobile account.
    08-23-16 07:35 AM
    Looks like Staples is all sold out of the DTEK50. The website says they are out of stock. I guess I'll go the ShopBlackBerry route if I choose to buy one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-16 07:56 AM
83 123 ...