Did you check online for stock at your local store? The web site says that several are still available in my area.
    08-23-16 09:47 AM
    There are no talk/text/data limits when buying an unlocked phone from Staples, only the 14 days noted above. That is a carrier limitation if you buy a phone through a carrier and usage information is tracked through your mobile account.
    I typed in Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, Maple Ridge and they all show 2-3 available for pick up, but when I prcoeed to checkout, I get "Not available for store pickup".
    08-23-16 10:57 AM
    I typed in Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, Maple Ridge and they all show 2-3 available for pick up, but when I prcoeed to checkout, I get "Not available for store pickup".
    Think what that meant is:
    - If you order online, phone will be shipped to you
    - If you want pick-up, then go to store to purchase/pick up (do not order online.)
    08-23-16 12:51 PM
    Hi, just pick a store that got 3 units and go pay a visit, here is how I got mine yesterday. Plan your second Staples nearby, just to be safe.

Good luck :-) !
    08-23-16 02:26 PM
    Hi, just pick a store that got 3 units and go pay a visit, here is how I got mine yesterday. Plan your second Staples nearby, just to be safe.

Good luck :-) !
    Walked over and checked my local Staples (okay it is beside the LCBO which was my true destination), and asked the clerk to check stock. They have two, as shown on their web site. He also added that they haven't sold any yet. They have the dummy unit on display.
    08-23-16 02:32 PM
    Your impression is correct. Staples do carry it, that is you can buy the device from Staples.

What the people here are saying is that Staples did not have an actual device to show to the customer. They only have a dummy mock plastic model. If the customer wants to have a feel of the actual DTEK, they need to buy the device from Staples which Staples has.

(Staples should be able to sell more of the DTEK50 if they put out an actual device for display/demo)
    You're right. But it seems that in my area, Qu�bec City, they only have those cheap dummy for every model of phones they carry. So it's not just BlackBerry, it's all the brands, and that's a no go in 2016. BestBuy seem to have adopted that line of thinking also. Again, no fun here.

Fred
    08-24-16 03:42 AM
    Looks like Staples is all sold out of the DTEK50. The website says they are out of stock. I guess I'll go the ShopBlackBerry route if I choose to buy one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You can always try Shop Crackberry as well.....BlackBerry DTEK50 Factory Unlocked with 1 Year Warranty by BlackBerry with FREE BlackBerry 12600mAh Powerbank! | BlackBerry Brand New | CrackBerry Canada

Same price more or less plus power bank
    08-24-16 08:16 AM
    The difference between buying from a retail store/Staples and online store/ShopBlackBerry/ShopCrackBerry is returns to the retail store/Staples is so much easier and incur no shipping costs.

Returning to an online store such as ShopBlackBerry will incur return shipping costs.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-24-16 11:57 AM
    [BlackBerry] Blackberry DTek EPP - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

$320 through RFD Blackberry EPP Pricing.
    thanks! Got one!
    Kimberlee likes this.
    08-25-16 01:55 AM
    Stopped at a Staples in Calgary. Had a live unit on display. It is a little wider than my z30. But a bit shorter. Maybe a bit thinner but not noticing. They had sold 3 in the last week and 2 in Stock. Seems to be a nice phone. Quite a bit lighter. Nicer screen. An OS that will be around for a while. Hub is somewhat like the BlackBerry 10 Hub but not exactly.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 01:24 PM
    Is this legit?

should have quoted the original message... i was referencing the $320 price via RFD Blackberry EPP Pricing
    08-26-16 02:47 PM
    Is this legit?

should have quoted the original message... i was referencing the $320 price via RFD Blackberry EPP Pricing
    Yes it is.
    08-26-16 02:55 PM
    so you send him the money and then he orders it? wish it was a promo code and not an etransfer.
    08-26-16 02:57 PM
    so you send him the money and then he orders it? wish it was a promo code and not an etransfer.
    You'd have to ask him - he's been doing it for a while now without issue.
    08-26-16 02:58 PM
    Would anybody please be able to ask this seller on Red Flag Deals for his email address if possible?

I maybe willing to place an order for several devices both Android and BB10.

I don't have RFD and from what I gather reading that thread, only users who have a history with the site can PM users.

I also believe that you PM the seller and he sends you a code for shopblackberry.com.

If the seller has email I would love to get the codes for several devices. Thanks to anyone who can assist me!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the info on RFD deal!
    Kimberlee likes this.
    08-26-16 05:34 PM
    You have nothing to worry about. I sent my email transfer and had confirmation within minutes of the purchase. Received my DTEK50 the next day. Very smooth process. The phone is amazing and so is the price 👍
    08-26-16 08:14 PM
    I made an error. The Staples was in Cochrane AB. Just want of Calgary.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 10:23 PM
    Is the red flag deal in CDN or US $$$?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10

From what I gather it was in Canadian funds

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 10:44 PM
    Would anybody please be able to ask this seller on Red Flag Deals for his email address if possible?

I maybe willing to place an order for several devices both Android and BB10.

I don't have RFD and from what I gather reading that thread, only users who have a history with the site can PM users.

I also believe that you PM the seller and he sends you a code for shopblackberry.com.

If the seller has email I would love to get the codes for several devices. Thanks to anyone who can assist me!

Posted via CB10
    He will send u his BlackBerry email when u pm him.

08-27-16 02:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Canadian $ + tax. This is my second dtek5o and keeping this one for myself.

08-27-16 02:14 AM
    He will send u his BlackBerry email when u pm him.

Hi!

The issue I have is that I can't PM him. I have read through many pages of the thread going back to 2014 I believe. It appears that for brand new Red Flag Deals users, you can't PM a user until you have waited a certain time and have accumulated a certain number of posts.

I guess the goal is to prevent what I am trying to do. Sign up for one guys deal and than go ahead and ditch on the site.

In the chance someone who has ordered from him or uses RFD can PM him and ask for the email, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 12:54 PM
    Just got myself a DTEK50 today from Staples, the guy was even nice enough to throw in some freebies with it like a 32GB microSD, screen cleaner, battery pack and a case (which doesn't fit, seems to be for the LEAP). So far coming from a Moto X 1st gen and Galaxy S5, it's a nice transition and I don't notice any performance differences but the screen is a bit duller in comparison to AMOLED although not as blinding like AMOLED can be with the sharp colors- I was able to see the screen in the sun at max brightness too.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-27-16 10:03 PM
    Hi!

The issue I have is that I can't PM him. I have read through many pages of the thread going back to 2014 I believe. It appears that for brand new Red Flag Deals users, you can't PM a user until you have waited a certain time and have accumulated a certain number of posts.

I guess the goal is to prevent what I am trying to do. Sign up for one guys deal and than go ahead and ditch on the site.

In the chance someone who has ordered from him or uses RFD can PM him and ask for the email, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    i just pm you.
    08-28-16 01:13 AM
83 1234