Has anyone downloaded and tried Camera++ from playstore to see if they can squeeze out better photos from this device? I use it on my passport, and it really opens up to what's possible over the stock app.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 07:52 AM
    How would you get better quality than the camera is capable of?
    09-06-16 07:58 AM
    Filters and focus optimization ...as I know ..I'm sure u can do more

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 08:13 AM
    Maybe try Open Camera, and Google Camera from the Play Store. Both are free. Come to think of it I might download them as well and see if there's a difference.

Camera++ is just for BB10, no?
    09-06-16 08:22 AM
    I wouldn't use the camera on my DTEK50 enough to justify downloading the extra apps. The phone is $299. You assume the camera is sub par out of the box.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-16 01:01 PM
    I have a few camera app forgot all about it and haven't downloaded it on this device yet, also have camera awesome(which isn't compatible).
    09-06-16 02:06 PM
    I wouldn't use the camera on my DTEK50 enough to justify downloading the extra apps. The phone is $299. You assume the camera is sub par out of the box.

I don't know about that...I would hardly call it sub par for a cell phone camera. I have taken some extremely nice photos on my DTEK50, and have had a lot of very positive feedback on the pics. Obviously it won't be the best camera out there, but for the cost of the phone I think the camera is very good. Both my wife and I think it kicks on her iPhone 6.

Ethynil likes this.
    09-06-16 02:27 PM
    I don't know about that...I would hardly call it sub par for a cell phone camera. I have taken some extremely nice photos on my DTEK50, and have had a lot of very positive feedback on the pics. Obviously it won't be the best camera out there, but for the cost of the phone I think the camera is very good. Both my wife and I think it kicks on her iPhone 6.

Yes, but for some people unless you can zoom in and count individual nose hairs without artefacts or noise it's crap, lol. The camera's fine, not nearly as good as say the Samsung S7 or other flagship devices but it's certainly not bad, imho.
    auditman likes this.
    09-06-16 04:11 PM
    Taken with DTEK yesterday, good pics if you ask me... better than what my Galaxy S5 and 2013 Moto X produced anyways.

Not sure if quality of attached photos are reduced via Tapatalk.

anon(9353145) and auditman like this.
    09-06-16 04:42 PM
    I don't (yet) own a Dtek50, I'm just going off the feedback of those who have tried it, and some of the reviewers. Default camera apps on their respective phones aren't always the best option.

I'm just suggesting people try the one I mentioned because I've used it with different results than the stock BlackBerry App on my passport. More options can be a good thing, wouldn't you agree?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 06:40 PM
    Yes, but for some people unless you can zoom in and count individual nose hairs without artefacts or noise it's crap, lol. The camera's fine, not nearly as good as say the Samsung S7 or other flagship devices but it's certainly not bad, imho.
    LOL! You b@st@rd! You made me choke on my food!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-07-16 02:09 AM