Why would DTEK50 purchased directly from BlackBerry be only on July 5 security update... with no August update available?

Both screenshots taken today, August 28.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK50 only on July 5 security update-screenshot_20160828-160211.jpg  
    08-28-16 06:11 PM
    Second screenshot...

Attached Thumbnails DTEK50 only on July 5 security update-screenshot_20160828-160146.jpg  
    08-28-16 06:12 PM
    I have it too. I wonder when it will have an update?

08-28-16 06:17 PM
    Apparently august update in there. They just made a mistake with the july 5 th date

08-28-16 06:19 PM
    Apparently august update in there. They just made a mistake with the july 5 th date

Source?

08-28-16 06:24 PM
    Source?

Go search on this very forum as there are multiple threads. If you have Build Number AAG124 then you have August security patch. In those threads a BlackBerry person commented on this.

Posted via my DTEK50
    auditman, CerveloJohn and Jrox74 like this.
    08-28-16 06:53 PM
    Source?

BlackBerry Becomes First Major Manufacturer to Patch QuadRooter Vulnerabilities | Inside BlackBerry
    08-28-16 06:55 PM
    Run an app called "Quadrooter scanner". Will tell you if you have the protective patch.
    08-28-16 07:21 PM
    So I just have to read and trust every single thread... and then run an Android app?

Great job chen... and your group of wannabe super software heroes.

08-29-16 12:39 AM
    So I just have to read and trust every single thread... and then run an Android app?

Great job chen... and your group of wannabe super software heroes.

Sounds like you need to build your own phone. The app in question is not a Blackberry app and there may be others. Not likely a conspiracy.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-29-16 04:09 AM
    Sounds like you need to build your own phone. The app in question is not a Blackberry app and there may be others. Not likely a conspiracy.
    I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. What I am pointing out is how often the chen - gang keeps screwing up software releases at the same time he keeps spewing to the world how BlackBerry is becoming a software giant.

Remember... the DTEK50 is billed as the worlds most secure smart phone. Yet we have to scour forums just to insure our software is securely up to date.

Great job chen... NOT!

08-29-16 09:18 AM
    I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. What I am pointing out is how often the chen - gang keeps screwing up software releases at the same time he keeps spewing to the world how BlackBerry is becoming a software giant.

Remember... the DTEK50 is billed as the worlds most secure smart phone. Yet we have to scour forums just to insure our software is securely up to date.

Great job chen... NOT!

Scour forums? Just download the patch. Got mine a week ago. YOU want to scour forums to be sure.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-29-16 09:38 AM
    Scour forums? Just download the patch. Got mine a week ago. YOU want to scour forums to be sure.
    The whole point is the patch is incorrectly labeled and still says July 5, even if it is the correct patch.

And one has to scour the forums to figure that out.

08-29-16 10:02 AM
    In the end, this is a small gripe. BlackBerry is way ahead of the update game on Android. They have proven that time and again since the launch of the Priv. You're just trying to be mad at something. "Don't worry, be happy".

I'm still trying to get over the fact that YOU actually bought a BlackBerry Android device! Lol.
    CerveloJohn and Ethynil like this.
    08-29-16 10:08 AM
    The whole point is the patch is incorrectly labeled and still says July 5, even if it is the correct patch.

And one has to scour the forums to figure that out.

Get over it. It was a simple mistake. Let's see what happens first week of September. I'm sure you will be happy. Only BlackBerry and Nexus (Google) offer zero day patches.

Posted via my DTEK50
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-29-16 11:29 AM
    Don't get it OP... you wanted to have the August security update, people are indicating that it's already included in your device and you can download an app to check yourself, but you still want to complain? But isn't the update that you wanted?

CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-29-16 12:26 PM