So I just received my new phone a few days ago and well it has been a bit frustrating to say the least. I have a leap and despite the limitations, it is a solid phone, great battery life. The dtek50 has a beautiful feel, nice screen and the android apps run buttery smooth in there native environment. Now my frustration, I purchased a 128g SD card and could I get that thing to format. The phone would stop at 20% and then tell me the card was corrupt, I replaced the card only to happen again. I had to format it on my laptop before the phone would except it. Then there is the battery life.....i must say it is better than my z10 before I bought a bigger battery for it but this thing is stick with what you have. Why can't they just put a decent sized battery in. These full HD screens use lots of power and these manufacturers know this, just I unacceptable for non removable batteries which seems to be the standard for phones now. Having said all that though the phone is solid and is fully up to date. I hope it gets the latest android N and they fix up the filing system.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 06:20 AM
    Agreed. Samsung tried to please customers with a good battery in note 7. Looking back now. They probably wish they stiffed customers like Blackberry did with the dtek50 battery. Not hard to please average smartphone user. Nowadays all people want is good battery life and good cameras. Hard to compare a bb10 phone and an android. One runs tons of apps other doesn't
    10-24-16 06:34 AM
    I don't really get where you are going with this. In my opinion, the DTEK50 is a very solid Android phone. THe only one on the market (besides the Priv) with top notch security and encryption to the core. Battery life is not so bad. I easily get through a day.

Comparing it to BlackBerry 10 phone is not fair since that OS is far superior. My Passport was better in almost every way. But BB10 totally bombed and is virtually dead with almost no apps supporting it. Need to move on. Also considerin the price, the DTEK50 is the best choice on the market besides the OnePlus 3 maybe.

THe only thing I severely miss on the DTEK50 is Picture Password for that extra layer of security
    10-24-16 06:59 AM
    Wait a fer days more. The battery needs to stabilize after 3 weeks with several charges
    bbone99, Superfly_FR and eyedroid like this.
    10-24-16 07:16 AM
    My battery got better after about a week. So wait you will see improvement. Enjoy.
    bbone99 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-24-16 07:27 AM
    So I just received my new phone a few days ago and well it has been a bit frustrating to say the least. I have a leap and despite the limitations, it is a solid phone, great battery life. The dtek50 has a beautiful feel, nice screen and the android apps run buttery smooth in there native environment. Now my frustration, I purchased a 128g SD card and could I get that thing to format. The phone would stop at 20% and then tell me the card was corrupt, I replaced the card only to happen again. I had to format it on my laptop before the phone would except it. Then there is the battery life.....i must say it is better than my z10 before I bought a bigger battery for it but this thing is stick with what you have. Why can't they just put a decent sized battery in. These full HD screens use lots of power and these manufacturers know this, just I unacceptable for non removable batteries which seems to be the standard for phones now. Having said all that though the phone is solid and is fully up to date. I hope it gets the latest android N and they fix up the filing system.

Posted via CB10
    If you haven't done so, you need to download and install/update all Blackberry apps from Google Playstore, particularly the ExFat32 app to let you format your 128GB sdcard. These apps don't show up as available for the first time even you have them installed. You'll have to search for them.

The Android file system is working as intended. You'll have to download a file manager from the Playstore to let you do file operations.

For battery life, the first thing I would do is to turn off the Hub automatic syncing. I also suggest that you download an app manager from the Playstore to see what apps are running in the background. It is not easy to stop many of these apps. For the Google system apps that you don't use, you can disable them under Settings>Apps. For other apps, you can try force stopping them. Some would behave (such theScore), other won't. For these, your only recourse is to delete them. This way, you can reduce as many background running apps as you can to improve battery life and make more ram available for the apps that you use. By the way, I suggest you also go through each app in app setting to check their permissions and to restrict background data usage as necessary. Also, periodically, clear the app cache (not the app data) for all the apps through the app setting.
    10-24-16 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I wasn't comparing it on a os level to the leap but on a Hardware level and even Bla1ze said he wished it had a bigger battery in his review.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 08:29 AM
    Also I am still using my leap as a daily driver phone and the dtek50 for those apps that don't work or work well on bb10. The app experience is second to none on a true android phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 08:32 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I wasn't comparing it on a os level to the leap but on a Hardware level and even Bla1ze said he wished it had a bigger battery in his review.

Posted via CB10
    It can be argued that every phone can use a bigger battery. For your info, the battery in the DTEK 50 has virtually the same watt-hour rating as the one in the Z30. Practically, I can get through a day (6+ Hr SOT) on one charge with the DTEK but not so with the Z30. To me, the battery on the DTEK is adequate for my normal use. But when I was live streaming for 4-5 hrs, I certainly wished that the battery is at least twice as big.
    10-24-16 11:43 AM
    It can be argued that every phone can use a bigger battery. For your info, the battery in the DTEK 50 has virtually the same watt-hour rating as the one in the Z30. Practically, I can get through a day (6+ Hr SOT) on one charge with the DTEK but not so with the Z30. To me, the battery on the DTEK is adequate for my normal use. But when I was live streaming for 4-5 hrs, I certainly wished that the battery is at least twice as big.
    I had a Blu phone last year with a 5000mah battery and there were days i wished I had a bigger battery.
    10-24-16 02:28 PM
    I got my DTK50 last week, took my time setting it up with all my accounts in the Hub the way I want them, formatted the SD card with ExFat, and loaded it up with all the apps I need and more.

Battery life is fine and it charges fast. It doesn't have a physical keyboard and it's not running BB10, but the overall I'm way ahead of where I left off with BB10, and the future looks good.
    10-24-16 11:16 PM
    Did the card format okay the first time because I had lots of trouble and when I formated so it could use apps it wasn't recognized on my pc and I couldn't move file to it so I had to format as removable. I'm using a 128g card. I really like the phone so I'll use it for apps I don't have on my leap but I'll use the leap for calls, emails and sms.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 11:48 PM
    I had problems formatting it as removeable storage. I wasn't interested in using it as adoptable storage.
    10-25-16 12:03 AM
    Did the card format okay the first time because I had lots of trouble and when I formated so it could use apps it wasn't recognized on my pc and I couldn't move file to it so I had to format as removable. I'm using a 128g card. I really like the phone so I'll use it for apps I don't have on my leap but I'll use the leap for calls, emails and sms.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using a 128gb card as adoptable storage in my Dtek50 now. Runs great.
    10-25-16 05:34 AM