Sorry I hope this is in the right forum...couldn't find a trouble-shooting part of forums...unless I missed it. Anyway I just got the DTEK50 a couple of days ago and can't get rid of 2 notifications on the lock screen and also in the swipe down screen.

The notifications are "Data usage warning" and "SD Card". I tapped them and nothing happens. All the other notifications disappear after tapping on them. I also tried restarting my phone and they're still there. It's not a big deal I suppose but small things like this drive me nuts. I want them to disappear once I've acknowledged them. They're just taking space away from real notifications.

Any hints / tips? Thank you
    11-28-16 01:08 PM
    Sorry I hope this is in the right forum...couldn't find a trouble-shooting part of forums...unless I missed it. Anyway I just got the DTEK50 a couple of days ago and can't get rid of 2 notifications on the lock screen and also in the swipe down screen.

The notifications are "Data usage warning" and "SD Card". I tapped them and nothing happens. All the other notifications disappear after tapping on them. I also tried restarting my phone and they're still there. It's not a big deal I suppose but small things like this drive me nuts. I want them to disappear once I've acknowledged them. They're just taking space away from real notifications.

Any hints / tips? Thank you
    Have you tried swiping them off the screen instead of tapping them?

Odd though that tapping doesn't do anything. Tapping the data usage warning should bring up Android's data usage monitor (unless it's a notification from the carrier, ie.. vzw sending a notification to your MyVerizon app. But even then it should launch the carrier's app).

In any case, swiping them off the screen should clear them. If not, you can go into your data monitor settings via Settings -> Data Usage. And from there look at and tweak your data monitor settings. You can enable/disable "Limit mobile data usage" which allows you to automatically stop using data after a certain threshold. It defaults to 1GB I believe, but you can change it by dragging the bar on the data usage montior's usage graph. You can also enable/disable "Alert me about data usage", which will also have it's own bar on the same graph that you can drag to whatever setting you wish. As the two options imply, Limit will actually limit your usage whereas Alert will only notify you when you're dangerously close. So you could set alerts to 1GB and limits to 1.5GB, or only have one or the other (or neither) enabled.

The following screenshot shows the two adjustable slider bars for each setting...

DTEK50: I can't get rid of notifications-datausageexample.png

As for the SD Card notification you've received, I can't give much advice because you haven't really described the issue very much (though I suspect that you're receiving a warning about how much space is left on it). But you can look at issues under Settings > Storage, find the issue and fix as necessary. If you just got the device though, I wouldn't see any reason for your storage card to be full. Unless you transferred it to your current phone from a non Android device and it's already full of stuff Android doesn't recognize.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 11-28-16 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added visual aid.
    11-28-16 01:16 PM
    Regarding data usage, go to Settings, Data Usage and you'll see a graph. Slide the centre horizontal bar up to beyond 1gb and that should sort it. With Notifications go to it via Settings and see what Permissions are set at. I have mine set to Block. Try it and see if it solves your problem
    11-28-16 01:16 PM
    Thank you both, I accidentally ran across the solution after I tried swiping an email off the lock screen thinking I could delete it. It didn't delete it but it did get rid of the notification. So then it dawned on me that maybe the same thing works for the 2 notifications mentioned above and voila it worked.

Thanks again, sorry for the n00b question.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    11-28-16 02:45 PM