Do you know that? WOW!
    DTEK50 has touchscreen?!-404945d1469655365t-pictures-verges-hands-blackberry-dtek50-m07-27_0941vlad-savov.0.png
    DTEK50 has touchscreen?!-section_hero_1.png

Fake iPhones from 2009 used "touchscreen" for marketing, but why use it in 2016?
    BB_PP and Plazmic Flame like this.
    07-29-16 06:12 AM
    Part of the new naming schema is highlighting the T to identify a slab device. I would guess that the K will be highlighted in the upcoming pkb device.

It's just part of the branding.
    07-29-16 06:22 AM
    No, it's not a touchscreen, it's just a normal screen. You use it by screaming commands at it and shaking it in certain patterns.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-29-16 08:12 AM
    That's funny!

Interesting, though, that BlackBerry is so identified with the PKB that it feels compelled to broadcast when a phone doesn't have one.

But the point is taken. Ugh. People look at the ad or box and say "how old are these people?!"

That shield is pretty cool. BlackBerry should get Marvel to design Batman inspired visuals. (Modern Batman, matte tactical, not old Batman, shiny).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-29-16 08:24 AM
    Majority of phones selling are still dumb devices without "touchscreen"
    07-29-16 09:04 AM
    BlackBerry is known for being a PKB company.. So they obviously felt the need to stress that part.. Maybe to separate it from the next one too.. As they'll both have the DTEK name.. so when you're going through your basement that's full of BlackBerry boxes, you would know what you're looking for, VKB or PKB.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-29-16 09:26 AM
    Well I'm into branding and advertising. Yes sometimes It's needed. People might confuse the form factor with priv and expect a pkb to slide out. BlackBerry has been always associated with pkb and they didn't want to confuse their customers. It's clear marketing.

P.S : I somehow always admired the ethics of this company.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    07-29-16 09:32 AM
    That's funny!

Interesting, though, that BlackBerry is so identified with the PKB that it feels compelled to broadcast when a phone doesn't have one.

But the point is taken. Ugh. People look at the ad or box and say "how old are these people?!"

That shield is pretty cool. BlackBerry should get Marvel to design Batman inspired visuals. (Modern Batman, matte tactical, not old Batman, shiny).

Marvel to design Batman visuals? Should we also hire Ford to design Camaro visuals? Lol.

jas1978 likes this.
    07-29-16 09:56 AM
    Marvel to design Batman visuals? Should we also hire Ford to design Camaro visuals? Lol.

I'll take the body of a mustang wight he guts of a camero. That'd be nice.
    07-29-16 10:07 AM
    It's like internals of Priv with the Passport on the outside. Sweet.

The Rat race is Yours , I have a  | P A S S P O R T and I don't care.
    07-29-16 10:12 AM
    It's the same person who made the Leap with the camera that said "8 Megapixel Auto-Focus"
    07-29-16 10:14 AM
    It's the same person who made the Leap with the camera that said "8 Megapixel Auto-Focus"
    Is that good or bad?
    07-29-16 10:26 AM

Haha this. I thought the same

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 10:28 AM
    Well I'm into branding and advertising. Yes sometimes It's needed. People might confuse the form factor with priv and expect a pkb to slide out. BlackBerry has been always associated with pkb and they didn't want to confuse their customers. It's clear marketing.

P.S : I somehow always admired the ethics of this company.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, with the Priv coming out as a slider, it makes sense.

Btw, What's the story behind the Rat race xD.
    07-29-16 10:39 AM
    Is that good or bad?
    It's such a strange thing to put on a smartphone camera, "8 Megapixel Auto-Focus", as if the smartphone buyer is thinking "When I take a selfie am I going to have to focus this thing?"
    07-29-16 10:54 AM
    Uh, you think the Camaro's push-rod engine is better than the new Coyote 5.0L or even better the flat-plane 5.2L lol. Hey, you guy one and give me the engine, I'll take it. :-D

07-29-16 11:20 AM
    Btw, What's the story behind the Rat race xD.[/QUOTE]

Hi Sairos,
    Isn't the smartphone war, a rat race??
    I mean look at them, 6gb ram, snapdragon 820, 21 mp camera, for what?? Is Thanos coming? Infinity war??? Lol
    You like samsung phones? You get the flagship (s7edge) for 900$ and after 6 months note 7 comes up. Your s7 edge is outdated bro. But no one complains. Apple? Oh they are even better. Same phone, same looks, same internals just added a few gigs of storage and charge something 150$ extra. People love it. It's so cool.

But BlackBerry 10 is different. It's obsolete. It's absolutely outrageous. Why? Because it makes sense.
    What only 3gb ram??? That's it? So what it's more than enough, it's not right.
    Oh square screen?? No no no that's not how it should be. It's so damn wrong.
    Built like a tank? What?? How am I gonna buy a new phone if this dumb phone lasts forever?
    Battery lasts for more than a day? Yeah right, I already have two power banks and they are charging now, what do I do with them?
    Security??Privacy??? Who cares I'm not some top gun who should be afraid of hacks. Ok btw how did Google know I'm flying to moscow tomorrow??lol

Then you have the Passport. Do you care?

However I have no issues with ios and android. They are today's operating systems and the world is dependent on them. A whole world of features are open to them while BlackBerry 10 is pretty closed. I don't use those features nor they matter to me, but they matter to the rest of the world and that's what's important. Yes I prefer BB10 that doesn't make it the world's best os. Or does it?

The Rat race is Yours , I have a  | P A S S P O R T and I don't care.
    Last edited by kanungoash; 07-29-16 at 01:04 PM.
    kkoo and spARTacus like this.
    07-29-16 12:47 PM
    Well put.

I recall buying blackberries having no idea what the specs were. I just wanted the ball instead of the wheel, or the TouchPad instead of the ball.

Happy days.

RickTrout likes this.
    07-29-16 02:17 PM
    Uh, you think the Camaro's push-rod engine is better than the new Coyote 5.0L or even better the flat-plane 5.2L lol. Hey, you guy one and give me the engine, I'll take it. :-D

You can get a Camaro with Magnetic suspension (best suspension on earth) but you'd need to get a Pseudo-Shelby before they will but the ac delco/GM designed MagniRide on one of their cars.

And... I like the dtek50. Will get if I can get wifi-calling to work on it.
    07-29-16 02:45 PM
    You can get a Camaro with Magnetic suspension (best suspension on earth) but you'd need to get a Pseudo-Shelby before they will but the ac delco/GM designed MagniRide on one of their cars.

And... I like the dtek50. Will get if I can get wifi-calling to work on it.
    Yes, you're right, you'd need to get a higher model Mustang to get that suspension. So, what higher model of Camaro can you buy that will come with a flat-plane motor?

07-29-16 02:58 PM
    A touch screen you say? Tell me more.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-29-16 03:00 PM
    You didn't know Z10, Z30, Leap, etc. I'm sure
    07-29-16 04:44 PM
    Well... totally unnecessary to put "touchscreen", but maybe they dont wanna leave place for doubts.
    07-29-16 04:55 PM
    At least they didn't put "Batteries included!"

Posted via CB10
    auditman, jas1978 and dararede like this.
    07-29-16 06:02 PM
    Well... totally unnecessary to put "touchscreen", but maybe they dont wanna leave place for doubts.
    Again, that's just part of the branding / naming schema. dTek for all-Touch, and dteK for physical Keyboard.
    07-29-16 06:51 PM
51 123