I think not, having received my priv on Wednesday and my wife's new dtek50 today I've got both of them sitting in front of me and any talk of the dtek50 being a cheap feeling handset are out of the window!

It feels really really solid, much more so then her outgoing Samsung galaxy s6 maybe the passport too, the priv I don't think is as solid at all with the flex on the back letting it down.

I kinda wish I had just got me the dtek50 now :-O

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 01:32 PM
    I like the dual speakers, left and right, when watching videos on landscape.

Overall pretty good build for its price.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-07-16 03:42 PM
    Send the priv back if bought from shopblackberry. You get a 30 day money back guarantee

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-16 09:28 PM
    Not my Dtek50!

Blackberry? Yes we still do phones.
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-07-16 10:03 PM
    I read a lot of very good reviews for the idol 4. I have held a dtek50 and felt it's made very well. Actually a lot better then I was anticipating.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-07-16 10:09 PM
    Send the priv back if bought from shopblackberry. You get a 30 day money back guarantee

Nah, it's from O2 on contract upgrade, it seems fine now, I had a creaky right side but I saw online that if you gently pry up the side with a finger nail and then snap it back together it pops the side back tightly and eliminates the creak.

Not really something one should have to do with a brand new phone but I can forgive them a little bit of mis fitting in the factory I suppose, anyway it's solid now.

I think what it is is that I'm used to the steel of the passport frame But the priv is soft touch, then when I felt the dtek50 it was nice and solid metal again. Wish priv had a metal frame around the chassis not just the screen slider.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 08:37 AM
    Nah, it's from O2 on contract upgrade, it seems fine now, I had a creaky right side but I saw online that if you gently pry up the side with a finger nail and then snap it back together it pops the side back tightly and eliminates the creak.

Not really something one should have to do with a brand new phone but I can forgive them a little bit of mis fitting in the factory I suppose, anyway it's solid now.

I think what it is is that I'm used to the steel of the passport frame But the priv is soft touch, then when I felt the dtek50 it was nice and solid metal again. Wish priv had a metal frame around the chassis not just the screen slider.

Posted via CB10
    Do teach us! Was there a video you watched?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-08-16 03:47 PM
    Yeah it was on YouTube, slide priv out, pry your finger nail between the edges and slide it up to the power button then press down the side all the way back down and it seemed to snap the chassis together properly, feels much better now and the back flex seems to be negligible now.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 04:11 PM
    It's an excellent I love the stainless steel rim. The light weight doesn't feel cheap at all.
    often I catch myself looking at the phone just sitting on the table face down!

my personal design highlight is the convenience key on the right side of the device!

big_time2 likes this.
    10-09-16 05:11 AM
    +1 on the convenience key!

Blackberry? Yes we still do phones.
    big_time2 and Pcmx like this.
    10-09-16 07:18 AM
    Well, the build is not cheap at all, it feels pretty sturdy, however, it's not the greatest built phone out there. At the same time, it wasn't the most expensive either, so I don't expect it to be the best built phone of 2016.
    10-09-16 07:20 AM
    another one thing that amazed me, the camera. damn it's on par with my 6s and even better.
    10-09-16 11:43 AM
    another one thing that amazed me, the camera. damn it's on par with my 6s and even better.
    I find this too, so many great things about this phone. I really like it and I've had a Z10, Passport and Leap. This is just a great phone, love the size and weight, highly recommend it to anyone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for DTEK50
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-09-16 03:50 PM