Anyone spot any Dtek50 cases besides the ones on Shop Blackberry?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-31-16 04:14 PM
    Just run an amazon search for Alcatel Idol 4 cases lol.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-31-16 05:04 PM

Can't assume! Idol 4 cases are hard to find on Amazon or Ebay because it is also a new device. If you find a whole bunch for sale maybe send a link to help out.. I just searched and there virtually just mostly crap $5 cases.
    Shop BlackBerry has more

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    CDM76 and big_time2 like this.
    07-31-16 05:22 PM
    Sorry, i guess it's just a case of "new device" syndrome; wait 3 weeks and reassess.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-31-16 05:35 PM
    Not exactly a case, but I just picked up a set of these glass screen protectors for mine. Quality seems pretty good for the price. https://www.amazon.com/Shield-OneTou...UvbUpU12528471
    CDM76 and big_time2 like this.
    08-01-16 10:01 AM
    The external battery pack that BB is bundling with this phone has me seriously concerned that it's going to have disappointing battery life. On the other hand, some of the reviews I read have emphasized how lightweight the phone is. And BB is touting its thinness. Seems like a natural situation to have a charging case to slap onto the phone and double its battery life. If anyone spots one, please share!
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-01-16 06:32 PM
    I'd love a kickstand case dont see any tho.
    08-02-16 12:27 AM
    Can't assume! Idol 4 cases are hard to find on Amazon or Ebay because it is also a new device. If you find a whole bunch for sale maybe send a link to help out.. I just searched and there virtually just mostly crap $5 cases.
    Shop BlackBerry has more

Do you think people buying a $200 phone will be buying $50 cases?
    big_time2 likes this.
    08-02-16 08:02 AM
    They may especially if the DTEK 50 turns into a little work horse that is a keeper.
    08-02-16 10:37 AM

I know this was just a joke, but I seem to remember that the alcatel and BlackBerry have slightly different dimensions, and not to mention the different camera placement on the back and USB port on the bottom.

Idol 4 cases won't work. Unless you're just looking at a bag to put the phone in lol
    FF22 and big_time2 like this.
    08-02-16 12:17 PM
    I know this was just a joke, but I seem to remember that the alcatel and BlackBerry have slightly different dimensions, and not to mention the different camera placement on the back and USB port on the bottom.

Idol 4 cases won't work. Unless you're just looking at a bag to put the phone in lol
    Thanks for the info, i was really under the impression that the two were dimensionally identical.
    big_time2 likes this.
    08-02-16 01:05 PM

You sure you're not thinking of the 4S? The camera placement is the same on Idol 4 and DTEK50 as is the MicroUSB.

DTEK50 Cases?-img2_1.png
    JeromeM and big_time2 like this.
    08-02-16 02:19 PM
    Well, I bought a OEM $34 CND $27USD one for the DTEK50 from Shop BlackBerry
    I think the investment and insurance is more around the annoyance of having your phone glass break and either fixing it or buying new one and also the hassle of setting up all over again.
    Could I buy a cheap one sure but I want one that feels great and fits great.

Last edited by Pinot2015; 08-02-16 at 05:35 PM.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-02-16 03:57 PM
    Well, I bought a $34 CND $27USD one for the DTEK50.
    I think the investment and insurance is more around the annoyance of having your phone glass break and either fixing it or buying new one and also the hassle of setting up all over again.
    Could I buy a cheap one sure but I want one that feels great and fits great.

I came close to ordering the $34 CND one, but backed away thinking that my favourites are the soft gel cases. However for my BB Classic I loved the case that mimicked the back of the phone--just plain black with the BB logo. It was my favourite. For the last few months I have had my Classic caseless with nary a drop (hope I didn't just hex myself). I think the DTEK may be so light that I might get fumble fingers while getting used to it so I may go and order the $34 case now as I think the gel cases might be awhile in coming.

08-02-16 05:36 PM
    You sure you're not thinking of the 4S? The camera placement is the same on Idol 4 and DTEK50 as is the MicroUSB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img2_1.png 
Views:	375 
Size:	516.2 KB 
ID:	405385
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackbe...back-press.jpg
    Oh, you're right. I guess all the other sites that talked about the dtek as the same as the idol 4 kept comparing it to the 4s by mistake. I literally haven't seen a picture of the 4 before your post...
    big_time2 and guygardner73 like this.
    08-02-16 07:17 PM
    The external battery pack that BB is bundling with this phone has me seriously concerned that it's going to have disappointing battery life. On the other hand, some of the reviews I read have emphasized how lightweight the phone is. And BB is touting its thinness. Seems like a natural situation to have a charging case to slap onto the phone and double its battery life. If anyone spots one, please share!
    EXACTLY my thoughts about including the battery pack. Would have been better if was the quick charger. Although reviews are saying it should last a full day. A charging case would be sweet though

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 05:08 AM
    Oh, you're right. I guess all the other sites that talked about the dtek as the same as the idol 4 kept comparing it to the 4s by mistake. I literally haven't seen a picture of the 4 before your post...
    Haven't seen anyone confuse the two..... BlackBerry DTEK50 vs. alcatel Idol 4 vs. alcatel Idol 4s - GSMArena.com

But it's clear the DTEK50 is the Idol 4, with a downclocked processor, surprising how much that changed the battery usage times. Does explain the charger accessory.
    08-03-16 07:36 AM
    Recently found out ukarbon.co.uk that makes premium skins for all the devices with custom blackberry logo as well.Remember images of passport silver edition with blue back,thats it.I'm going to order a cobalt blue for my classic with custom logo, don't think will ever need a back cover for any device. Maybe they will make skins for dtek50 if someone will order.

Posted via CB10
    jim3040 likes this.
    08-03-16 08:37 AM
    Too bad Otterbox and Seidio aren't doing something along the Commuter-style. Otterbox passed on the Passport too.

Just too many phones=lower sales of each model=lower demand. Too bad.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-05-16 11:01 AM
    I'd really like an Otterbox case and Zagg screen protector for the DTEK. That combo has saved my Classic (and Q10 before it) countless times.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 01:46 PM
    Too bad Otterbox and Seidio aren't doing something along the Commuter-style. Otterbox passed on the Passport too.

Just too many phones=lower sales of each model=lower demand. Too bad.
    Otterbox went from decently priced good cases, to overpriced crap because the brand got too big.

OEM cases are my preference, as well as Incipio.
    Johnny Dollar and CDM76 like this.
    08-05-16 10:46 PM
    Otterbox went from decently priced good cases, to overpriced crap because the brand got too big.

OEM cases are my preference, as well as Incipio.
    And they are now basically just making iPhone and Samsung cases. A couple others, but not the selection they used to have.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 12:30 AM
    Haven't seen anyone confuse the two..... BlackBerry DTEK50 vs. alcatel Idol 4 vs. alcatel Idol 4s - GSMArena.com

But it's clear the DTEK50 is the Idol 4, with a downclocked processor, surprising how much that changed the battery usage times. Does explain the charger accessory.

Right around 1:30 he compares the dtek and what he said was the idol 4 and points out the difference in USB placement and camera
    08-06-16 12:51 AM
    Wonder why the USB placement are different?
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-06-16 04:58 PM
    Wonder why the USB placement are different?
    It isn't. I was wrong. In the video I posted (and some other sites I read) mistook the Idol 4 with the Idol 4s. The idol 4 and DTEK50 are exactly the same looking except for a different back and I think that trim around the edge. The Idol 4s, however, has a different camera placement and the USB is on the other side
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-06-16 08:43 PM
46 12