So, I have the DTEK50 in hands right now and will sport it for a while.
    This is not a review, just a few thoughts and info you may want to read.
    I had it only a few hours ago but I guess that's maybe the more crucial point: very first impressions.

1. Pictures I saw do not do it justice
    This device look way better than what I thought given any pic/video I've seen. I was really positively surprised.
    2. It's light, it's thin and no, it doesn't feel cheap at all. Not.at.all.
    3. Screen is nice too, colors are solid, brightness is good, crispy details.
    As little as I played with it right now, the UI remains very fluid and responsive
    4. Sound is really nice. Wondering if they have a "physical surround" or the likes (speakers have grids on front and back of the device).
    Hey (I'm listening right now), it deserves more than nice, it's great (for a smartphone).
    5. SW Keyboard is unsurprisingly very responsive and fast.
    6. Setup is probably the easiest one I've ever made (a lot of install still pending though). NFC tap and ... go.
    Not sure about the settings (will have a closer look later), didn't apply to HUB and BBM though.

Some PIV comparison, I know you will ask lol :

1. Photos
    While I have to get used to it, straight shot reveal the great performance of Priv. Pics remain nice on the DTEK but only the front facing camera (with flash) could give a point to DTEK50. (must say I believe the PRIV makes the greatest pictures against most of my friends' ones and yes, IP included (by far)).
    Two random pics (zero setting - all auto), same place, almost same frame ... funny enough, DTEK's one (second) is heavier (by 4KB).
    Priv colors seems way more vivid ... (this has to be done properly, but the Schneider Kreuznach lens ...)

DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-priv.jpg
    DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-dtek.jpg

2. In hands
    This is a feather, thin and back grip is excellent and should avoid excessive sweat. Due to weight/thinness, Keyboard usage is more convenient for me (despite my big hands) than with the PRIV. I felt really comfortable.
    3. Battery life
    Well, battery is smaller on DTEK so, no surprise here. Screen/KB consumption remain to be added to the balance, still BlackBerry gives less time for the same mixed usage. Shall you hesitate, keep in mind there's a "free" mobile battery with the pre-order deal (son, don't miss the around $/€60 gift).
    4. Convenience key : hey, I'm only one click away from my ... flash light ! That's a great return of this BlackBerry feature

Added

5. Screen : As I noted above, the screen is really great. I suppose this is LCD V.S OLED (Priv) and - but that's probably my taste - the more I use it, the more I feel comfortable with it. Must say I've generally preferred LCD over OLED (for smartphones) and I believe this screen will confirm it again ... (but then I think about battery life and ...)

Bottom line, as I write :
    That's a great device at this price point and my former comparison with curve devices is not even fair. DTEK50 is more than a curve-like, add a step (or more) to the range/quality-level.
    Will it raise love and die-hard fans on the consumers side of the market ? Probably not; this is a well thought and made device but sill, a mid-range device. Usage and durability will tell.
    Those concerned by security will happily read the YES it will support Android N (and all the goodness BlackBerry has cooked around it).
    I believe enterprises will appreciate it for fleets and no one will legitimately pinch his nose when receiving this as a work dotation.

Conclusion : well done, BlackBerry. May order a DTEK in a few days (before the bundle is gone away).
    P.S : my current devices => Passport SE (beloved) / PRIV (ddriver).

disclaimer : take it for what it worth; fast and dirty, etc !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-28-16 at 10:11 AM. Reason: (multiple) here and there, some mhoos and corrections
    pkcable, CB-BB-BBM, Gelzz and 61 others like this.
    07-28-16 08:13 AM
    Good first impressions report... thanks.
    07-28-16 08:17 AM
    Pictures of that bad boy?!?!?
    07-28-16 08:22 AM
    I'm sure this phone will be saviour for BlackBerry!
    david7saad, Mecca EL and blackmass like this.
    07-28-16 08:41 AM
    USB-c or micro usb?
    07-28-16 08:46 AM
    Pictures of that bad boy?!?!?
    Note: These pics are home made, fast and dirty and are NOT intended to be shared outside the CrackBerry forums.

Your desire are my ... lol
    You'll even get a selfie, as soon as I can make CB10 working (maybe I have to log out from my Priv ?)

EDITED for more decent pics.

DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-44984.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-44985.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1620487.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1619238.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1621024.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1619370.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1621133.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1620246.jpgDTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1619109.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	44984.jpg 
Views:	9713 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	405000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44985.jpg 
Views:	9733 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	405001
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-28-16 at 09:57 AM.
    alludba, Corbu, Matt J and 15 others like this.
    07-28-16 08:47 AM
    I'm sure this phone will be saviour for BlackBerry!
    +1 as the first step in the right direction, at least...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    skinnymike1 and blackmass like this.
    07-28-16 08:47 AM
    Thanks, very informative.. Goes on with what other tech websites have reported.. People who handled the device didn't claim its cheap or has bad quality, which is good
    Jrox74 and Paraliotis3 like this.
    07-28-16 08:49 AM
    Good to hear that it looks upscale and the screen looks good. At the end of the day most middle of the road Android devices are more than ok for most people. BlackBerry needs to deploy these and replace as many enterprise BB10 handsets it can. Go!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-28-16 08:54 AM
    Protect your child's eyes, here's the selfie thing !

Tried again for orientation ... but ... ahum ... ok on device but once sent to CB (CB10 and web) ...
    DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-selfie.jpg

Edit : re-hum ... weird, it's in the proper orientation on my desktop; may be a CB10 thing. Will post it again below.
    Re-Edit: nope, even with a different name, sill landscape while it should be portrait ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-28-16 at 09:13 AM.
    Uzi, kitmo, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    07-28-16 08:57 AM
    USB-c or micro usb?
    Micro USB 2.0. That's a mid-range device, no surprise.
    See all specs here : BlackBerry DTEK50 specs | CrackBerry.com

And before there's a demand : I confirm LED indicator is white only.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-28-16 09:15 AM
    That's a rather good selfie cam.
    Superfly_FR and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-28-16 09:19 AM
    That's a rather good selfie cam.

Better selfie cam than the Priv THAT is for sure!
    07-28-16 09:28 AM
    yes it is. Trying the flash mode (definitely keep your childs' eyes away !)
    Note: had to force flash, auto didn't suffice.

w/ flash
    DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1631404.jpg

w/o flash

DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-img_20160728_1631216-1-.jpg
    07-28-16 09:33 AM
    What does the back feel like?

Is it like the Z10 or the Classic? Or like the Passport SE?

#whatisclassic
    07-28-16 09:35 AM
    Thanks for sharing! Im so excited to get my DTEK50! Would you be able to take a picture of it next to your Priv for a size comparison?
    marshall1727 likes this.
    07-28-16 09:37 AM
    What does the back feel like?

Is it like the Z10 or the Classic? Or like the Passport SE?

#whatisclassic
    More like the SE ("dots" are pointing out while they're inside on the Z10). I'd say more gummy & soft.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-28-16 09:41 AM
    Better selfie cam than the Priv THAT is for sure!
    Don't remind me, After a lot of psychotherapy I almost forgot that 2 MP.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-28-16 09:44 AM
    Really great first impression, thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 09:48 AM
    Thanks for sharing! Im so excited to get my DTEK50! Would you be able to take a picture of it next to your Priv for a size comparison?
    Here you go. Slightly narrower
    DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-capture.jpg

Screen height (active surface) a little smaller too.
    DTEK50 very first impressions (in hands)-capture.jpg

But before you asked I would have say "similar", that's how you feel about it.
    danfrancisco, Uzi, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    07-28-16 09:51 AM
    After all reviews so far, all I can say is that BlackBerry may yet be able to come alive.
    DTEK50 shows signs that the next two devices promises better days for BlackBerry.
    07-28-16 09:52 AM
    I need good battery, or BlackBerry should release their apps to other devices. The only reason I stick is because of the hub, but I need good battery life. If Samsung can do it, they shouldn't have a problem doing it.

I would love to have a S7 with hub, and forget about their phony security message. Come on....who cares. It's fake and phony.

07-28-16 09:59 AM
    Here you go. Slightly narrower
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	1563 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	405018

Screen height (active surface) a little smaller too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	1561 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	405020

But before you asked I would have say "similar", that's how you feel about it.
    Thank you! Is the dtek slightly taller? Maybe its just the angle of the photo. Im hoping its slightly shorter. Either way, cant wait to get mine!
    pasoBBpassport likes this.
    07-28-16 10:07 AM
    For those already in the flow ...
    Added this to OP

5. Screen : As I noted above, the screen is really great. I suppose this is LCD V.S OLED (Priv) and - but that's probably my taste - the more I use it, the more I feel comfortable with it. Must say I've generally preferred LCD over OLED (for smartphones) and I believe this screen will confirm it again ... (but then I think about battery life and ...)
    Mecca EL and the brother like this.
    07-28-16 10:08 AM
    Silly question but I have to ask...Is this a pre-production model? I'm noticing the bezel is aluminum with no black accents.
    07-28-16 10:08 AM
351 123 ...