I've set my phone to automatically backup to google drive. Where are the actual backup files on g drive? I couldn't see anything related to backup other than photos.

Is there a way to find out when my phone was last backed up?

Posted from my Dtek50
    09-22-16 04:05 PM
    I've set my phone to automatically backup to google drive.
    How did you set it up to backup to Google Drive? Backing up to Google Drive, AFAIK, is not even an option. You have the generic backup & reset options through the Settings but that's not Google Drive, nor is it an accessible thing. The backups in those circumstances only appear if you wipe your device, change devices etc.
    09-22-16 04:09 PM
    I think that you are referring to Google stuff backing up to Drive and not phone apps, settings, etc, etc? Because that's all the Google Drive backup does.

My name is Jimmy and I am a BlackBerryaholic.
    09-22-16 08:05 PM
    I just used the backup option in dtek50 in settings-->backup. I guessing it will be available for restore if I reset my phone or buy a new phone and setup for the first time.

Posted from my Dtek50
    09-22-16 08:32 PM
    The apps that got backed up with Backup and Reset setting are listed under Manage Backup in Settings within the Google Drive app. This listing does not have a lot of my apps. So I guess they aren't backed up.
    09-22-16 08:41 PM
    I just used the backup option in dtek50 in settings-->backup. I guessing it will be available for restore if I reset my phone or buy a new phone and setup for the first time.

Posted from my Dtek50
    Yep. As I noted above. They're not accessible backups in the typical sense.
    09-22-16 10:43 PM
    I beg your pardon for my silly question: as I�ve got two DTEKs for my kids I have to leard how to back up and update them as I am a BB10 user since ever so Is it possible to back the DTEK up thru BlackBerry Link?

I suppose the answer is NO so if I use the option listed above what is being saved and where?

Thank you guys
    09-28-16 08:12 AM
    I have to leard how to back up and update them
    See Page 83 of the DTEK User manual for instructions on backup and restore.

Updates are managed by Google Play Store App | Settings and the entire process is managed under the user's Google account. Each device is backed up and restored based on the Google account(s) associated with the device.

Updates for apps from Google Play Store are frequent, so if data charges are an issue, the settings in the Google Play Store app need to be configured so that updates are downloaded only on WiFi.

Goggle also provides for location of the device and erasing of its contents if it gets lost or stolen. Location services need to be turned on for that to happen.

Is it possible to back the DTEK up thru BlackBerry Link?
    I don't know the answer as I am not familiar with BB devices/services, so hopefully another more knowledgeable member can address that question.

There are third party backup apps on Google Play Store if you choose not to use Google Backup services, though I can't imagine why one would not, since it's so easy and virtually foolproof.
    Murundum and jamesharmeling like this.
    09-28-16 09:27 AM