When it was 299 I was all into this phone, the fact it came with a battery charger was worrisome (odd) ? but welcome... Except I just bought two to play Pokemon Go with on my PRIV.

I went to the order screen and realized it was american $ so went to Canadian site, I would still be in at 350... But at 429? How is it 130 dollars extra? Even the exchange rate isn't that bad.

I hate my PRIV... but was hoping something new and shiny would be fun to use for a bit and hopefully have working GPS unlike my PRIV.

As stated below you all convinced me to order.. Free shipping to the middle of nowhere Yukon Canada was the deciding factor..
    Last edited by FirstBerry101; 07-26-16 at 01:25 PM.
    07-26-16 12:53 PM
    At current exchange rate according to xe.com it would be $394 CAD.

Regarding your PRIV, if your GPS isn't working why don't you send it in for repair?
    07-26-16 12:57 PM
    With today's exchange rate, the phone would be $395 CAD. So we are talking about a $34 difference. Not so bad, as a fellow Canadian, I recognize that we usually get hosed on electronics to some degree.
    kitmo likes this.
    07-26-16 12:58 PM
    Gps as in for Maps or google play services.

You have an 800 number to call BlackBerry for help.. They have been really helpful when I just have a question

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    thekidshop likes this.
    07-26-16 12:59 PM
    With the current exchange rate it ends up being $34 more in Canada.
    07-26-16 01:00 PM
    i was surprised at the price difference as well, but then i remembered there is always a huge price difference for stuff in canada.

good thing i live close to the border and can easily pop over to pick stuff up... but to save 34 bucks? i would just have it sent to my door.
    kitmo and CDM76 like this.
    07-26-16 01:04 PM
    Probably being shipped from the states it would be for exchange rate plus duty , brokerage , and freight. I'm sure that's the big diff.
    07-26-16 01:10 PM
    I just did the pre-order and with tax it is $481. I am so used to hugely inflated prices here in Canada that the price seems okay lol. Looking forward to getting it the week of August 8th.
    thekidshop likes this.
    07-26-16 01:14 PM
    You all suck! I want to complain about it. Fine I'll buy one! Better be free shipping to the YUKON or i'm out! (again)haha. Now I just have to deal with wife agro!
    johnny_bravo72, CDM76 and gebco like this.
    07-26-16 01:17 PM
    Free shipping.. Had me sold.. That makes up the $39.00 difference I guess.
    07-26-16 01:25 PM
    Lol well I'm jealous. Enjoy it

07-26-16 01:40 PM
    Free shipping.. Had me sold.. That makes up the $39.00 difference I guess.
    How is it free shipping if it's built into the price. ?
    07-26-16 01:52 PM
    How is it free shipping if it's built into the price. ?
    In the same way people have no problems with "free" phones by signing a 2-year contract but have the monthly fee inflated through the nose.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-26-16 02:32 PM
    In the same way people have no problems with "free" phones by signing a 2-year contract but have the monthly fee inflated through the nose.
    Ok just checking. I'm not a fan of the old bait and switch.
    07-26-16 02:51 PM
    BYOD plans are starting to get pretty bad too these days LOL.
    07-26-16 02:53 PM
    Do you think that it will be a bit less to buy outright from a carrier? I thought sometimes it was a bit cheaper through carriers than direct from Shop Blackberry?

Man I'm torn, part of me wants to stick with BB so I can still have the Hub/calendar/contacts/etc. as I LOVE those on my Z30 but for $100 more I can buy something like the ZTE Axon 7 which is insanely more premium than this phone.....unfortunately having both isn't an option lol.
    07-26-16 03:45 PM
    Do you think that it will be a bit less to buy outright from a carrier? I thought sometimes it was a bit cheaper through carriers than direct from Shop Blackberry?

Man I'm torn, part of me wants to stick with BB so I can still have the Hub/calendar/contacts/etc. as I LOVE those on my Z30 but for $100 more I can buy something like the ZTE Axon 7 which is insanely more premium than this phone.....unfortunately having both isn't an option lol.
    You will just have to wait but I doubt it will be much or any at all.

You can always get hub/contacts/calender/etc on any android device but hub will not be as good as it is on bb10

Posted via Priv
    07-26-16 03:46 PM
    Exchange rate, plus the tax for not having to choose between Trump and Clinton.
    07-26-16 03:51 PM
    With today's exchange rate, the phone would be $395 CAD. So we are talking about a $34 difference. Not so bad, as a fellow Canadian, I recognize that we usually get hosed on electronics to some degree.
    I remember some BlackBerry devices were cheaper in Canada back in the day...

The pricing is off - $399 would make far more sense.
    07-26-16 05:20 PM
    One of the things I am wondering is why start off with these free accessories for phones like Priv and DTEK50?

The Priv launched with $150 in free stuff for a $899 Canadian device. Keep that stuff and reduce the price $100.

This new device could had been priced for $279 in the US and $389 in Canada and get the volumes up. If these devices do sell in decent volumes perhaps the press will pick up on it and throw in some decent stories. I just don't know if this free stuff they are throwing in is worth the added sell price. Imagine if they are able to move a few extra units and have some positive press.

"BlackBerry beats analysts estimates. Phone sales higher than expected, a comeback in the cards?"

We all know that BlackBerry wont touch the volumes of the it's competitors but we need the story and the narrative to change too. Enough with the "BlackBerry is dead"

I have always questioned some of the journalistic integrity, quality etc but sometimes BlackBerry does bad stuff to themselves. I am really happy that they priced this device @ $299 but it could have been a bit lower. For the Canadian version, get it down to $399 just to generate some buzz. I don't think their margins on this phone are that thin on the Canadian dollar side.

My $.02

Posted via CB10
    viljar and CDM76 like this.
    07-26-16 05:34 PM
    The interesting thing about the DTEK50 is that it's basically an Alcatel mid-range phone wrapped in BlackBerry cosmetics, with a BlackBerry enhanced Android OS.

It would sell very well in Canada if it had a built-in physical keyboard and the price, unlocked, was $299CDN. But they want $429CDN. You can get a Priv for that kind of money if you're willing to lock yourself into a two-year contract with a mainline carrier like Telus or Rogers.
    07-26-16 06:02 PM
    If you're willing to lock yourself to a carrier, the dtek50 will likely be close to $0 for a 2yr term...

The interesting thing about the DTEK50 is that it's basically an Alcatel mid-range phone wrapped in BlackBerry cosmetics, with a BlackBerry enhanced Android OS.

It would sell very well in Canada if it had a built-in physical keyboard and the price, unlocked, was $299CDN. But they want $429CDN. You can get a Priv for that kind of money if you're willing to lock yourself into a two-year contract with a mainline carrier like Telus or Rogers.
    07-26-16 06:49 PM
    I would like to buy a phone out of contract and this seems to be half the price of the big Samsungs etc. Might give it a try. I would like a passport or classic but have grown to love the Google maps and am also running Sirius radio on my LG but am not sure of the os10 compatibility. I'm certain the LG has to go!

07-26-16 06:57 PM
    If you're willing to lock yourself to a carrier, the dtek50 will likely be close to $0 for a 2yr term...
    2 years is not a big deal for most people.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-26-16 07:03 PM
    So I just went onto Rogers website, Priv is cheaper than from Shop BB Canada but Leap and Passport are more expensive at Rogers. Wonder what DTEK50 will be.

Rogers Priv for $799 Off Contract, it's $899 from Shop Blackberry Canada
    Rogers Leap $349, it's $279 on Shop Blackberry Canada
    Rogers Passport $699, it's $599 on Shop Blackberry Canada
    07-26-16 07:06 PM
81 123 ...