That's it.
    02-11-17 11:48 PM
    No.
    02-12-17 12:08 AM
    Thanks. Kinda blows, but what can you do.
    MrDoreth likes this.
    02-12-17 12:21 AM
    Whoever gets an official answer from BlackBerry on why the DTEK50 doesn't have picture password should get a prize. Really. This is one of those strange riddles that has gone unanswered for way too long.
    02-12-17 12:16 PM
    Because securing your smart phone is an OS level task and does not lend itself to customization or whatever "hardening" means, especially now that everyone is moving to biometrics. We've probably seen the last of picture password.
    02-12-17 12:56 PM
    The DTEK60 which released after the DTEK50 does have picture password just like the PRIV. Why is the DTEK50 unique here?
    02-12-17 02:29 PM
    The DTEK60 which released after the DTEK50 does have picture password just like the PRIV. Why is the DTEK50 unique here?
    The DTEK50 OS has other peculiarities that make it stand separate from that of the Priv and DTEK60.

It has an edit button for the quick settings, and the 3 Android buttons don't vibrate.

I have no idea why.
    02-12-17 03:03 PM
    The DTEK50 OS has other peculiarities that make it stand separate from that of the Priv and DTEK60.

It has an edit button for the quick settings, and the 3 Android buttons don't vibrate.

I have no idea why.
    You mean the three bottom buttons, square, circle, triangle? Mine vibrate!
    02-12-17 05:08 PM
    You mean the three bottom buttons, square, circle, triangle? Mine vibrate!
    My bad. It's much more subtle than the other two though.
    02-12-17 06:55 PM
    Picture password on the 60 is really jittery and not smooth like on bb10. I have it enabled but I don't use it at all. Perhaps you'll get it when we all get Nougat?
    02-13-17 09:06 AM
    Picture password on the 60 is really jittery and not smooth like on bb10. I have it enabled but I don't use it at all. Perhaps you'll get it when we all get Nougat?
    What? Seems to work the same for me.
    02-13-17 09:11 AM
    If picture password is important, there area several apps on Google Play Store that provide that feature.
    02-13-17 04:02 PM
    If picture password is important, there area several apps on Google Play Store that provide that feature.
    Yes, but those are 3rd party apps and I sure won't trust a 3rd party app with something so important as full access to my device. I prefer a native operating system built in method of authenticating.
    Good to know though.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-23-17 08:06 AM
    Yes, but those are 3rd party apps
    Agreed! However by reading the reviews of the various apps in an objective manner, to exclude the occasional self serving reviews sometimes placed by the developer, you can get a pretty good idea about the integrity of the app.

Additionally you can monitor and control the permissions granted to the app, to exclude permissions you don't believe are relevant to the app.

Another security step you might consider is an app locking application that requires a secondary password to open specific apps. I use Avast Security on my DTEK50 that includes an app locking feature. Other security apps also include app locking, so you can shop around for one that you feel comfortable with.
    02-23-17 12:36 PM
    Honestly, I hope you are wrong. I think that Picture Password is the best solution available to unlock devices and is highly underrated. Biometrics are scary as the info is often sent up to the cloud which is bad news for privacy. I have spent a ton of time trying to think of a solution as elegant as Picture Password but I honestly think there is none. Its fast, secure and private.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-03-17 01:16 PM
    Honestly, I hope you are wrong. I think that Picture Password is the best solution available to unlock devices and is highly underrated. Biometrics are scary as the info is often sent up to the cloud which is bad news for privacy. I have spent a ton of time trying to think of a solution as elegant as Picture Password but I honestly think there is none. Its fast, secure and private.
    I totally agree!
    04-04-17 06:19 PM