There is no bedside mode. Miss that too.
    Actually there is something similar. Set priority notifications to however you want your bedside to behave. Switch to priority at night as you would select bedside in BB10. Then have daydream mode automatically show clock on plug in.
    Ethynil likes this.
    08-23-16 08:15 AM
    Actually there is something similar. Set priority notifications to however you want your bedside to behave. Switch to priority at night as you would select bedside in BB10. Then have daydream mode automatically show clock on plug in.
    This is what I was referring to. Sorry but couldn't remember how to mimic it on Android. Can you set this as the convenience key?
    08-23-16 09:02 AM
    This is what I was referring to. Sorry but couldn't remember how to mimic it on Android. Can you set this as the convenience key?
    I'll have to check, but I don't think so.
    08-23-16 09:24 AM
    if I were to buy DTEK50, im sure going to set the convenience key to BlackBerry Hub!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 09:16 AM
    Haven't decided yet but either torch or camera.

Some people have commented that the phone has to be unlocked for the convenience key to work. Isn't that kind of inconvenient?

Haven't received my DTEK50 yet but will definitely try to find a way around that when it arrives.

Posted on my Z10. Still going strong almost 3 years later.
    08-25-16 07:02 PM
    My wife doesn't use it on here DTEK, she asked me for what then? Ok stay calm.
    08-26-16 12:36 PM
    I'll have to check, but I don't think so.
    Hey Conite. Know you're a busy guy but hoping you had a chance to check on this. If you're busy no worries...thanks in advance!
    09-03-16 09:41 AM
    Don't use it. Too inconvenient.
    09-03-16 09:55 PM
    Hey Conite. Know you're a busy guy but hoping you had a chance to check on this. If you're busy no worries...thanks in advance!
    It won't work with the convenience key, but it's pretty quick. Clock is automatic when you plug in the device. You only have to switch to priority mode, which is a quick pull down.
    09-04-16 07:54 PM
    I'm using the convenience key for torch. I didnt have to unlock the device to use it. But screen has to be in for it to work. So I dbl tap on the screen to wake up and then press convenience key.
    09-04-16 11:49 PM
    Enpass (or Password Keeper, if that's your preference)- sooo good!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-05-16 02:08 AM
    It won't work with the convenience key, but it's pretty quick. Clock is automatic when you plug in the device. You only have to switch to priority mode, which is a quick pull down.
    Thanks for checking and getting back to me on this. Appreciate it.
    09-05-16 06:12 AM
    Camera for me.

You guys know that there is already a "convenience key" for the camera right?

Just double click the power button. And it works ALSO when the phone is locked..

It seems redundant to assign the same function to the convenience key, it does not make much sense..

09-05-16 06:15 AM

Just double click the power button. And it works ALSO when the phone is locked..

It seems redundant to assign the same function to the convenience key, it does not make much sense..

When I do that, it opens the pattern swipe screen then closes it again ???

My convenience screen is set to List Maker (boring, I know)
    09-05-16 01:48 PM
    Yes, for the Google voice search
    12-17-16 01:49 PM

Double clicking brings me to the screen to unlock my phone. Then if I double click when unlocked, it locks the phone.
    12-17-16 02:04 PM
  17. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    I don't use it yet. Maybe I'll use it for speed dialling.
    12-20-16 01:24 AM
    Got my convenience key set to the hub
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    12-20-16 01:32 AM
    Got the key locked in for easy access to my VPN
    12-30-16 04:27 AM
    Hub, but will change to Flashlight as that seems more useful.
    12-30-16 08:53 PM
    Double clicking brings me to the screen to unlock my phone. Then if I double click when unlocked, it locks the phone.
    The double click on the power button has to be very quick (rapid sequence) for it to be recognized as the camera launcher.
    01-04-17 11:28 AM
    I eat in a lot of dimly lit restaurants, so I find that the flashlight is very convenient for me. Love it!
    01-06-17 12:38 PM
    For those of us on the deathStar (AT&T) network, that key would be used for enhanced push to talk. As that is available for all ios annnd anndroid phones, the key now makes sense and should have never been omitted from handsets in the firstplace. Sorry but the passport I have has no fix in sight for all of the double typing that appears here.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 02:08 PM
  24. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    I'm still thinking of the perfect app to pair it with.

The camera is a major choice though.
    01-07-17 03:39 AM
    Yes, and I use it for turning wifi on/off. I got the idea from here in CB.
    01-07-17 05:47 AM
54 123