My boys both have Z10s but have struggled on with them of late, as do my good lady and I. (we are on wait out for Argon).
    Do you guys think the 50 will bring a smile to them at Christmas?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 03:18 AM
    A new gadget as xmas present will really put a smile on their face regardless of what brand it is.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky.
    11-02-16 04:37 AM
    Absolutely ...
    11-02-16 04:38 AM
    Thanks, my dilema is the 50 vs Idol4. The boys believe BlackBerry is so 'un cool'.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 04:45 AM
    Thanks, my dilema is the 50 vs Idol4. The boys believe BlackBerry is so 'un cool'.

Posted via CB10
    One of the 'benefits' of the DTEK50 is that there is no BlackBerry branding on the front as mentioned in one or two (or 100) forum posts. So, you can get them one with a cool Star Wars IDOL4 case to cover up the back, and all is good!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    11-02-16 07:59 AM
    One of the 'benefits' of the DTEK50 is that there is no BlackBerry branding on the front as mentioned in one or two (or 100) forum posts. So, you can get them one with a cool Star Wars IDOL4 case to cover up the back, and all is good!
    This might be good if they're used to the hub and keyboards of the Z10
    11-02-16 10:16 AM
    I will have to be armed with a selection of IDOL 4 cases on Christmas Day though!
    11-02-16 11:00 AM
    11-02-16 11:30 AM
    I understand your logic there. But if we, as BlackBerry users and supporters, have faith in the brand and want to see others come back to it... What good does hiding logos do overall?

To the OP:

If I was a kid I think I'd love unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning and seeing a phone.
    11-02-16 11:54 AM
    I understand your logic there. But if we, as BlackBerry users and supporters, have faith in the brand and want to see others come back to it... What good does hiding logos do overall?

To the OP:

If I was a kid I think I'd love unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning and seeing a phone.
    My hope is that they will love having access to all the same Apps their friends have. And maybe they will feel proud to say its a new BlackBerry.........time will tell.
    11-02-16 12:42 PM
    True, but as they say...it's what's inside that counts. :-)
    nrussouw likes this.
    11-02-16 12:46 PM
    True, but as they say...it's what's inside that counts. :-)
    Don't they also say if you got it, flaunt it? Haha

#BlackBerryProud
    nrussouw likes this.
    11-02-16 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    They'll think these BlackBerry's are cool! Really nice device. Maybe they can start a new trend at school.
    11-03-16 04:09 PM
    Yea it's a real nice phone. Light, perfect size and a lot of cases are out for it on the net
    11-03-16 05:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would buy the Idol4 then as kids can be very persnickety and be influenced by friends to the point of rejecting clothes, food, shoes etc. Don't risk it for the sake of supporting BB is my opinion. It's too expensive to take the risk. But if your kids are not into feeling peer pressure, then buy the DTEK50's.
    11-03-16 05:56 PM
    I would buy the Idol4 then as kids can be very persnickety and be influenced by friends to the point of rejecting clothes, food, shoes etc. Don't risk it for the sake of supporting BB is my opinion. It's too expensive to take the risk. But if your kids are not into feeling peer pressure, then buy the DTEK50's.
    Looking at your argumentl, maybe buy them a flip phone ?
    kitmo and Karan Riar like this.
    11-03-16 06:44 PM
    My boys both have Z10s but have struggled on with them of late, as do my good lady and I. (we are on wait out for Argon).
    Do you guys think the 50 will bring a smile to them at Christmas?

Posted via CB10
    Heck yes -
    11-05-16 03:06 PM
    I was just about to order their phones and along comes the Black Friday deals!
    So now they will be getting a PRIV instead.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo, so crow and ZayDub like this.
    11-22-16 09:37 AM
    Priv is an awesome phone but I'm not sure my kids would appreciate its uniqueness. They would just want the slab dtek50 which is certainly lighter and thinner in their pocket.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-22-16 03:59 PM
    I hear where you are coming from. At 9 and 11 they tend to use their phones (Z10s) at home a lot more than when they are out and about, which is generally with us. When we do let them on their phones they like to watch Youtube videos and play games. Little bit of WhatsApp etc. So hopefully the better screen and larger battery will keep them smiling Christmas day.
    11-23-16 03:50 AM
    I hear where you are coming from. At 9 and 11 they tend to use their phones (Z10s) at home a lot more than when they are out and about, which is generally with us. When we do let them on their phones they like to watch Youtube videos and play games. Little bit of WhatsApp etc. So hopefully the better screen and larger battery will keep them smiling Christmas day.
    Dtek50 is a great little phone. I got my daughter (grade 10) one and she's more than happy. She also likes that there's no branding on the front.
    11-23-16 06:32 AM
    I understand where you are coming from, but I believe from my own experience over the last few months that the DTEK50 is a better phone than the Priv, and I think the kids would like it better. I know my kids like my DTEK50 better.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-27-16 03:25 PM
    Time will tell I suppose. The PRIVs arrived this morning and my wife opened them....WOW the kids will love these....they are huge!
    11-28-16 07:36 AM
    Unbelievable reaction from the boys. Absolutely love their new PRIVs.

Posted via CB10
    Karan Riar, kitmo and awindsr like this.
    12-25-16 08:09 AM
    Awesome read, we bought two 50's and our daughter is very happy (college freshman) and the wife is on cloud nine. Have no doubt the kids will love the Privs

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 11:32 AM
26 12