Hi, I thought I remembered seeing a post somewhere here on CB about a way to get a discount on the DTEK off the $299 that the BlackBerry store is currently charging? I personally will never leave BB 10 OS for android but my kids want to have more apps yet still have some security. Plus one tried an android only device when his Z30 was broken and missed the BlackBerry features that he'd still have with the Priv or DTEK. So any discount will be welcome! Thanks in advance.

Just as a comment on the great BlackBerry build quality, the Z30 got pinched between him and a wheelbarrow. While the digitizer was broken, the glass and the body still look new! I'm going to replace the display so we have a backup device.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    09-18-16 04:21 PM
    I think his name is Christof and he's on Redflagdeals. I got a code from him for my Q5.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-16 04:41 PM
    Christov

9900�8910�z10�Q20�Z30�Passport�Priv�Dtek50�
    09-18-16 04:45 PM
    Christov

9900�8910�z10�Q20�Z30�Passport�Priv�Dtek50™
    I didn't get that...
    09-18-16 07:45 PM
    I also didn't see it, so if there was a link I missed it too. I guess I'll have to miss out. I just thought that I had seen a recent post for a discount on phones purchased from shopblackberry so I hoped that someone else remembered it too!

09-19-16 06:16 PM
    Take a glance at this link from RFD (Red Flag Deals). Just skim through the page from the RFD site and you will find your answer. The seller is christov.
    BBZ30 $199/tx OR BBQ5 $99/tax FREE SHIP BB Employee Pricing for RFD family - Page 232 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
    09-19-16 07:22 PM
    It's $320+tax and free shipping from Christov.
    I bought a Z30 via him last summer.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 08:53 PM
    It's $320+tax and free shipping from Christov.
    I bought a Z30 via him last summer.

Posted via CB10
    Well, when I looked at BlackBerry.com yesterday from here in the US it said $299 for the DTEK50. What I was really trying to accomplish is to find one of the small discount codes that are valid for purchasing directly FROM BlackBerry. I've gotten really sick and tired of being forced to wait for whenever the morons at AT&T decide to pass on updates and the shovelware they add to weigh down the available RAM and CPU time! My son broke his Z30 and it's going to cost 33% of the price of the DTEK just for the display (assuming I manage to put it on correctly) so he's decided to try droid. I just wanted to save a few bucks if I can but need to replace it tomorrow. I don't suppose that the code I saw on the weekend for cases & such on shop CrackBerry would do anything? I thought there was a direct link from this site to buy phones directly from BlackBerry?

09-20-16 05:55 AM
    The $320 is Canadian, where the DTEK50 costs $429 from shopblackberry. this is the employee price bought directly from BlackBerry, so it is a fully unlocked device.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 06:34 AM
    So does it come with the same support as phones that are purchased from BlackBerry? I bought an "unlocked" Priv from Dailysteals.com but it has an AT&T logo on it and she's stuck waiting for AT&T updates instead of getting the fastest delivery from BlackBerry. I was told that it counts as unlocked because I could take it to another carrier but I then just switch to waiting for THAT carrier to pass on the updates.

09-20-16 06:41 AM
    This is a factory unlocked phone direct from whoever it is BlackBerry deals with, so I assume it's a standard factory warranty but you would have to ask Christov for sure. I'm just the messenger!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 07:22 PM
    I know that BlackBerry has a small sale running, but before I paid for a replacement for the DTEK50 that had its "gorilla glass" display shatter from a 12" fall, I figured I should see if there's anything else I can do to reduce the price.

I really hadn't planned to be replacing a 5 month old device, especially for such a minor fall! In fact my Q10 fell out of my pocket nearly three feet yesterday with zero issues. But BlackBerry said that the warranty won't cover even $0.01 despite the ridiculously fragile phone! Also if anyone has any that would apply towards a Classic or Q10 from any vendors on Amazon etc I would be appreciative! I need a backup for when this Q10 finally dies since I have ZERO desire to ever own an android device. Thanks!

02-11-17 07:40 AM
    Christov doesn't like when people mention him outside of RFD. He was offering a discount a while back, someone leaked it and he ended up nixing everything.
    02-12-17 07:43 PM
    Crud! I just found out that the four months old DTEK50 fell about 12" and the display shattered! While my Q10 just today fell face down onto a hardwood floor (not for the first time either!) and I'm using it to post this now! It's wearing a BlackBerry leather case that has the window in the cover to boot! I called BlackBerry and of course they said that the warranty won't cover falls!! Since the user ignores my opinions about security and privacy anyway I am seriously considering some other android device for him if these are such CRAP compared to the hardware actually made by BlackBerry! I'm already less than thrilled that they are putting the BlackBerry name on such a low end device but I at least had hoped that since it's supposed to have a much higher grade "gorilla glass" display compared to the Q10 or the Z10, both of which have had a hard life yet still work just fine...

The lack of any kind of discount just makes me think that much more about whether to tell him to give up on BlackBerry. I'm not going to even think about it for myself, I plan to buy a few more OS10 devices to use after this one finally dies. But he cares about the various apps that aren't available for BlackBerry any more and wants higher specs. Oh well.

02-13-17 07:13 AM
    Hmm, the Dtek50 is currently $344 Canadian on shopblackberry.ca, which equates to $263 USD. It is their Valentines day sale and might be worth looking at. Even for me as a Canadian, $344 it is a steal!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 08:59 PM
    On Blackberry's USA site, the sale extends through Feb 28 and the price is $259 + free shipping.
    02-24-17 05:26 AM