Wow best case scenario outcome! Good job BlackBerry!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-19-16 09:56 PM
    What flip case for any phone can protect against drops??
    09-20-16 10:35 AM
    This post is to let all Dtek 50 owners in the UK know that finally they can get their screens replaced at a proper price.
    Blackberry themselves quoted me over 200 pounds to replace mine (more than the cost of a new phone) and told me it would take 6-8 weeks. Other UK companies seem to be charging a hefty premium, up to 180.00 pounds...However the company that's always repaired my phones, looked into it. And have finally got the parts from China. Proper OEM screens with serial numbers. Firstly unlike some of the nonsense some people have posted.
    1) its an identical screen to the Alcatel Idol 4. in fact inside the Dtek 50 it even says Alcatel. it fits perfectly and works perfectly
    2) the price quoted by my guys is �60.00, which is way less than anyone else and they'll do it on a 24hour service.
    Contact SPS at http://www.spsmobile.co.uk/product/b...epairs-london/ and speak to Peter...Happy days guys.
    Last edited by simon appleby; 11-17-16 at 07:24 AM.
    11-17-16 06:04 AM
    1) its an identical screen to the Alcatel Idol 4. in fact inside the Dtek 50 it even says Alcatel. it fits perfectly and works perfectly
    2) the price quoted by my guys is way less than anyone else and they'll do it on a 24hour service.
    Thanks for sharing this info. I hope I don't get to need it, but great to know, nevertheless.
    11-17-16 07:10 AM
    This is a good bit of luck, now I just need to know if the Acatel screen above is a good choice to replace mine?
    11-17-16 03:53 PM
    Here i found LCD+touchscreen with assembly with bezel for my blackberry DTEK50: https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...rry_DTEK50/en/
    Received the part in 10 days to Germany. It was pretty easy to replace part becouse i didn't detach LCD from bezel.
    These guys offer also separete lcd+touch for dtek.
    01-11-17 06:59 AM
    Hi All, not sure if I'm replying to an individual thread or to all. In any case, dropped my unprotected BB DTEK50 (which I LOVE), two weekends ago; not a far drop from my purse, but the screen cracked and was then inoperable. Was surprised that such a short drop mucked it up so much; the screen would't respond to any touch commands after the drop. Thanks to this forum, I found out that the hardware is Alcatel Idol 4, and so ordered a new Idol 4 screen and digitzer, plus screen protector and case, from Cell Phones Parts Storefront on Amazon.com. Items were very reasonably priced and arrived within a week. Am in the San Diego area; called several local cell phone repair shops to see if they service Blackberry Android DTEK50 phones; most do not, because that phone is so unusual--but found one, Tran Wireless on El Cajon Blvd., that said they would fix the phone if I brought them the parts. Did so yesterday, and Tran Wireless fixed it for $30. Phone is now working great again, like new, and am so happy with both the Amazon.com seller and Tran Wireless. Anyway, thanks to all who have contributed here; your collective knowledge helped me to fix my BB DTEK50 locally at fair prices.
    kbz1960 and JUX777 like this.
    06-11-17 11:50 PM
    If so, how come the alcatel idol 4 screen replacement looks different to the DTEK50 screen replacement? The last one has two connectors

I just ordered each one to figure it out. I have one broken to fix.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252570684823

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...bly-black.html

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 08:23 PM
    I just got my Dtek60 back from repair at a cost of $85 (I think). I started by dialing this number 1 877-255-2377 to get a ticket started.
    06-15-17 05:08 AM
    Anyone have the Amazon Links for the best ALCATEL IDOL 4 replacement screens for the DTEK50?
    Or will this one do? : http://a.co/cfCLmkq

I too cracked my screen waiting in line at Subway, lol. I think the screen is just easy to crack. I've only had it for 1 month. The top half of my screen is dead and doesn't read touch. Cases are kinda tacky but I may have to get one once I replace the screen.

Thanks
    06-20-17 01:24 PM
    Anyone have the Amazon Links for the best ALCATEL IDOL 4 replacement screens for the DTEK50?
    Or will this one do? : http://a.co/cfCLmkq

I too cracked my screen waiting in line at Subway, lol. I think the screen is just easy to crack. I've only had it for 1 month. The top half of my screen is dead and doesn't read touch. Cases are kinda tacky but I may have to get one once I replace the screen.

Thanks
    Unless you are skilled at that type of thing, call BlackBerry at 1 877-255-2377 and get a ticket started. You'll get a quote before a repair is done, BUT (in my experience) you may have to call daily to "shake things up". They use a 3rd party repair company and you can't reach them directly.

*in the States"
    06-20-17 07:08 PM
    Are you in the states?
    USD 85 for a repair???

Totally worth it!!!!

I am trying to do it myself and it is quite difficult.
    First, it will be a little bit easier if you find a display with bezel. But I couldn't find one.

I used to replace a z30 screen in about 5 min. Dtek50 takes waaay more time I didn't finish it

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 09:12 AM
    Go to thread #31 to purchase one with the bezel, but it is really pricey. $85 repair with BlackBerry is the best option.
    06-27-17 09:19 AM
38 12