Ok so I ran a series of negative reports on my initial experiences with dtek50, having come from OS10 Z10 and Z30. I complained about the intrusive ads and music volume limit amongst other niggles but,3 months into it, I now like my dtek50. My wife has had too many problems ( data limit flagging up unnecessarily, etc) so she has gone to iphone 7 where the screen and text is irritatingly too small for me. Now I find, having got used to the dtek50, that it's a good substitute for the Z30 even on Android which I am (painfully). Getting to know. Of course nothing will be better than OS10 as a system for ease of use but hey this is a good, comfortable phone at the right price point. So in short I will not be joining my other half with an extortionately overpriced, under specced iphone 7. The dtek 50 ticks my boxes....for now
    11-23-16 02:44 PM
    Please explain about ads..have you been able to rectify this issue? Is this because of your carrier? Where did you buy your phone, as I am about to purchase one tomorrow =and coming from a z30 like you,i don't want any pop up ads on my screen..thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 04:02 PM
    Ads were extremely annoying and intrusive so I just employed a process of elimination. I opened each app and blocked Permissions and Peeking on each, not understanding that apparently Peeking doesn't imply letting ads in. That seems to have worked for me. Oh I also denied permission for Google Playstore and Chrome to access all my files, grudgingly allowing as few as possible when the app didn't work. Don't believe Google messages stating it needs access to your Contacts if you're not going to use Voice, which I don't . Just deny access to everything and gradually unblock where absolutely necessary
    11-24-16 10:06 AM
    And I purchased the phone from UnlockedMobiles website in UK. My carrier is Tesco Mobile which uses O2 network
    11-24-16 10:09 AM