Is it possible?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 02:35 PM
    Is double tapping the screen one tap too much? Don't think there's any action that can be used for the conv. key to wake it up. Put it to sleep, likely but not wake it up.
    09-02-16 02:40 PM
    Dumb question on my part, but why not just use the power button for that, or double tap? I found the convenience key more valuable to open the camera app.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 02:41 PM
    Yes but, if you can use the convenience key as camera button, password keeper button, etc, why not as wake up button. Its only software, and for right hand people i think it's good, better than the other button and double tap. Double tap doesnt work in winter with globes. BlackBerry q10, classic, passport...., all this devices had the button on the top or right, not in the left.

09-03-16 02:18 PM
    Not being able to root is one of the main reasons I didn't even consider an android blackberry. Try this, it might work:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...remapper&hl=en

Just make sure the service or notification, or whatever is needed to keep the app functioning is not killed by the OS after a while.
    09-03-16 04:24 PM
    Not being able to root is one of the main reasons I didn't even consider an android blackberry. Try this, it might work:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...remapper&hl=en

Just make sure the service or notification, or whatever is needed to keep the app functioning is not killed by the OS after a while.
    Did you try ? I'm interested but didn't try yet

09-12-16 10:53 AM
    Why not install gravity screen? You can lift to wake or even wave your hand over the phone.
    09-12-16 07:11 PM
    Did you try ? I'm interested but didn't try yet

I briefly used the app in the past, and it worked, but I recall the OS sometimes messing with its persistent functionality, which is why I told you to monitor the service/notification to ensure it doesn't randomly stop working.

Why not install gravity screen? You can lift to wake or even wave your hand over the phone.
    Those apps are all just silly gimmicks that some new phones can even do with their stock ROMs. What people want is to customize their hardware buttons or to be able to swipe/tap their screen, but that's hard to do so everyone just says 'here, just keep all these sensors running 24/7 to automatically wake up your device'. Root and xposed framework/custom roms are the way to go if you want your phone to be truly customizable.
    09-13-16 07:17 AM
    Gravity screen actually helps your battery life since you can set it to turn off your screen within 2 or 3 seconds after you place it on your desk, so you don't have to wait 15 or 30 seconds for your screen to go off. I have used it for years, it is well designed and supported, not something I would call a 'silly gimmick'.
    09-13-16 08:32 AM
    Gave Gravity Screen a go. Unfortunately, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    09-16-16 01:31 PM
    What I found out about gravity screen is it will work if you just put down the phone but if you use the power button to turn off the screen, it has a safety feature and this is what stops it from working.
    Last edited by DannyAves; 09-16-16 at 07:51 PM.
    09-16-16 01:45 PM
    gravity screen
    Based on several reviews by users of this app, there appear to be some serious privacy concerns with the permissions it requires.
    09-16-16 03:22 PM
    Based on several reviews by users of this app, there appear to be some serious privacy concerns with the permissions it requires.
    That is why we have DTEK
    09-16-16 07:52 PM
    That is why we have DTEK
    Yes, but management of privacy settings in DTEK (essentially an Android 6 feature) are reactive, and not proactive.

My point is that the reviews of the app in question refer to some rather intrusive and unwarranted privacy intrusions, considering the isolated task the app is intended to perform.

Agreed, an informed and more sophisticated user could alter the privacy settings once the app is installed, but that level of knowledge and sophistication is not shared by the majority of users.
    09-17-16 09:23 AM