This is weird and it's driving me crazy. When I plug into the usb3 port on my desktop the DTEK50 can only do "photo transfer". "File transfer" is not recognized and the sd card doesn't show. Connecting via usb2 makes no difference. Even after updating drives from Blackberry there is no success.

If I connect to my laptop there is no problem.

My pc is HP win7 using amd chip. The laptop is HP win7 using intel.
    08-20-16 11:36 AM
    This is weird and it's driving me crazy. When I plug into the usb3 port on my desktop the DTEK50 can only do "photo transfer". "File transfer" is not recognized and the sd card doesn't show. Connecting via usb2 makes no difference. Even after updating drives from Blackberry there is no success.

If I connect to my laptop there is no problem.

My pc is HP win7 using amd chip. The laptop is HP win7 using intel.
    That is weird indeed, because it sounds like it is a drivers problem (maybe you can try updating them again?). I doubt the different chip (amd/intel) has anything to do with this.
    08-20-16 02:35 PM
    It will take a while for the window for the DTEK50 to pop up on your screen the first time. After that, the window will pop up instantly.
    08-20-16 03:00 PM
    It will take a while for the window for the DTEK50 to pop up on your screen the first time. After that, the window will pop up instantly.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The DTEK5o doesn't show up in windows explorer unless I set it for photo transfer. Then, only the internal storage for the camera shows, not the sd card.

If I set it for file transfer then explorer doesn't show the phone at all.
    08-21-16 04:26 PM
    Is it possible this has to do with your SD card formatted in exFat32? As far as I understand this is the file-system for 64GB and more SD cards.
    I experienced that my PC (running Linux) doesn't recognize this Windows file-system.
    Since you're running W7 on your PC I guess there should be an easy solution to this problem. If this is the issue of course
    08-21-16 04:52 PM
    I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The DTEK5o doesn't show up in windows explorer unless I set it for photo transfer. Then, only the internal storage for the camera shows, not the sd card.

If I set it for file transfer then explorer doesn't show the phone at all.

That's what I'm saying. If you are doing it for the first time, it will take a while for the window for the DTEK50 to pop up on your screen when you choose file transfer/photo transfer. After that, the window will pop up instantly on your subsequent connection to the computer. If you choose "Charging", there is no pop up window.

08-21-16 06:36 PM
    If you are suggesting the popup that is pictured, then I get that immediately.

I plug into the usb port, select file transfers, and nothing happens.....not after a few minutes or an hour. I suspect the issue may be with my pc as the laptop connects just fine. It's maddening.
    08-21-16 09:12 PM
    Is it possible this has to do with your SD card formatted in exFat32? As far as I understand this is the file-system for 64GB and more SD cards.
    I experienced that my PC (running Linux) doesn't recognize this Windows file-system.
    Since you're running W7 on your PC I guess there should be an easy solution to this problem. If this is the issue of course
    It's a 16g card formatted as fat32.
    08-21-16 09:14 PM
    I'm running Ubuntu Linux on my pc.
    After connecting the phone to another USB port I suddenly could browse all files on my phone.
    Strange but okay, for me it is solved now.
    09-03-16 09:28 AM